dWb Superstar
torturedsoulv1
dWb Superstar

February 17th, 2018, 10:10 pm #21

Yankees are winning it all. It'll be them against the Astros again in the ALCS

Scrooge McSuck
dWb Superstar

February 19th, 2018, 8:41 pm #22

Rays trade Jake Odorizzi AND Designated for Assignment COREY FUCKING DICKERSON.

(throws in the hat)

That does it. Giants fan now.

Erick Von Erich
dWb Superstar

February 21st, 2018, 3:58 pm #23

..and there goes Steven Souza. The Rays are getting "prospects" in return; but that's always a gamble.

It seems that the timeline on putting together a "winning team" is approximately two years. If you don't have all your players in the 24-29 range and (more importantly) under salary control, then you need to wipe the board clean. Sucks.

torturedsoulv1
dWb Superstar
torturedsoulv1
dWb Superstar

February 23rd, 2018, 10:20 pm #24

I am stunned the Yankees actually gave a crap about resetting their luxury tax threshold

I'm sure they would've signed Darvish if they didn't care about it
But as horrible as he was in this past WS, I'm glad they didn't pay that much/that many years for him
Both games he was atrocious. And for a team like the Yankees that haven't had a losing season in 25 years, you want pitchers that aren't just great in the regular season

torturedsoulv1
dWb Superstar
torturedsoulv1
dWb Superstar

February 23rd, 2018, 10:23 pm #25

I will give credit to the Mets

they were able to get Jay Bruce, Todd Frazier, Jason Vargas for below the expected market deals

Anthony Swarzak feels a need. But $14 million for 2 years for a non closer that only had one half of a good year, is not below market to me

Jose Reyes for 2 million is fine. he's done, but it's not much money

And Gonzo may be close to done, but they are only responsible for the veteran's minimum part of the $20+ million he was making.
So that's fine as well.

Scrooge McSuck
dWb Superstar

February 24th, 2018, 3:50 am #26

20th Anniversary for the Rays, and they'll wear vintage D-Rays jerseys for one home stretch in June, I believe.

Classic Devil Rays, expect them to lose 100+ this season with the turd of a 25-man roster they have.

Erick Von Erich
dWb Superstar

February 26th, 2018, 3:13 pm #27

Scrooge McSuck wrote:20th Anniversary for the Rays, and they'll wear vintage D-Rays jerseys for one home stretch in June, I believe.

Classic Devil Rays, expect them to lose 100+ this season with the turd of a 25-man roster they have.
Yeah. They just need to get someone like, say, TINO MARTINEZ, in there again.

Sorry. Low blow. Judges deducted two points.

Similar deal with the Pirates. They remind me more of the teams from 2000-2009. A whole lot of hoping and "well, if this guy has a breakthrough career year... and so does this guy...and the other 23..." I'm expecting about 75 wins, tops.

They picked up Corey Dickerson, last week, but it's only a one-year deal and will have no real long-term significance to either player or team. His salary for the year is only about $1 million less than what they were expected to pay McCutchen. At the end of the year, Dickerson will probably walk away from the Pirates (or he gets dealt in July, if he has a good year). So yeah, it's Reggie Sanders in 2003 or Jeromy Burnitz in 2006.

Almost tempted to get back on the RockiesWagon for the year.