Moderator: The Swigg Lebowski

2010 Impact and PPV Discussion

The Swigg Lebowski
dWb Superstar

January 22nd, 2010, 6:52 pm #1

So I watched a bit of Impact last night, and though the content wasn't much improved, I have to say the presentation has dramatically improved
Scrooge McSuck wrote:I'm too hefty for my slacks. The zippers off it's tracks. I've stretched it to the maa-a-a-a-x.

The Swigg Lebowski
dWb Superstar

January 22nd, 2010, 6:59 pm #2

Ill elaborate a bit:

The end of the six sided ring helps the ring area look sooooo much better. The four sided ring is much better for their camera angles.

The new graphics, and sleeker logo help establish the product much better than the stuff they had before. Taking away the "X" background really makes the TNA logo more readable and recognizable.

Taz as a color commentator knows when to stop talking, which is sooo much better than constant conversation Don West.

But Mr. Anderson is running his WWE gimmick in TNA. Not a smart idea. It might grab some viewers attention, but it makes TNA look like they're copying WWE, not seperating from it.

Hogan bringing in the Nasty Boys is a joke. Same with Orlando Jordan. Bringing in Hardy, Flair and even Mr. Anderson isn't a bad idea. But all these other nobodies or has beens again makes TNA look like they're copying WWE.

Same with re-hashing Montreal at the end of the AJ-Angle match

But they have indeed made the program feel fresher. It's almost exciting to watch now
Scrooge McSuck wrote:I'm too hefty for my slacks. The zippers off it's tracks. I've stretched it to the maa-a-a-a-x.

Scrooge McSuck
dWb Superstar

January 22nd, 2010, 7:12 pm #3

If TNA can get control over their mutant fans ruining every match with their self-loving chants, I'd seriously watch it. But until then, I can't watch wrestling on mute.

The Swigg Lebowski
dWb Superstar

January 22nd, 2010, 9:07 pm #4

they tried. As you can imagine, it didn't go well.

On a higher note, apparently Bischoff and Hogan have done a better job of covering up the chants with canned background noise

Scrooge McSuck
dWb Superstar

January 22nd, 2010, 9:19 pm #5

So are Bischoff and Hogan running the company, or what? Every news bit I see has either or both of their names tacked on to it.

The Swigg Lebowski
dWb Superstar

January 24th, 2010, 9:18 pm #6

From what I can tell, they've been handed the reigns. Creatively, at least, but they've changed tons of stuff, so I'd say the whole shebang

The Swigg Lebowski
dWb Superstar

February 6th, 2010, 7:57 pm #7

PWTorch wrote:Wrestling
manager Jimmy Hart has an idea for the X Division - keep the six-sided ring exclusive to the X Division and present an all-X-Division show or portion of Impact to create an identity for the division.

"I kind of like the (four-sided) ring that we always grew up in because I think that’s what all the fans are used to. I think I like that, and then maybe once in a while for something special, have a whole night of X Division matches and bring that ring in," Hart told Crave Online at the recent TV critics gathering in Los Angeles also attended by Hulk Hogan, Dixie Carter, and Spike TV executives. (Click the link to read the interview.)

Hart also said: "I think the hexagon ring is good for X Division if there was a way just to have 10 or 12 guys in the X Division and that’s the only ring they ever wrestle in."
The question to ask is: What happens when you have both X Division and Heavyweights on one show?

Scrooge McSuck
dWb Superstar

March 31st, 2010, 8:12 pm #8

Not like anyone expected otherwise, but Impact's ratings have been hovering around the level of WWE's A.M. Raw, NXT, and Superstars, or in the sake of numbers, around 0.6-0.8.

Anyone think TNA will throw in the white flag and switch back to thursdays, or keep hoping that someone will watch them and boost the ratings above 1.0 again.

JimBob Skeeter
dWb Superstar
JimBob Skeeter
dWb Superstar

April 1st, 2010, 3:15 pm #9

All they need now is the Ruler Of The Squirrels to peak those ratings.

Erick Von Erich
dWb Superstar

April 1st, 2010, 8:00 pm #10

JimBob Skeeter,Apr 1 2010 wrote: All they need now is the Ruler Of The Squirrels to peak those ratings.
That would be.... BOGUS! The most BOGUS act they have ever done!

I watched a little bit of their recent "Sting vs Mystery Opponent (RVD)" match. I noticed that they only called him "RVD" and not "Rob Van Dam". Is that another of those weird trademark dealies they're trying to work around. Sorta' like "Brother Ray of Team 3D"?