Moderators: strangfeldsr, JSTRANGFELD

Hanna Daniels

cdaniels
Advanced Member
cdaniels
Advanced Member

January 10th, 2012, 8:40 pm #1

Just wanted to give anyone that may be wondering about Hanna's health a quick update. After getting calls from just about every local motorcycle shop owner asking how Hanna was (I must buy way too many toys from them....lol), maybe others may be wondering how she is doing as well.

The ambulance crew was ok with us transporting her to the ER, (to save the Grand) so Mom drove her to St Mikes while I packed up. I arrived shortly after they did to see Hanna in a neck brake and being asked questions to see if she could start to rememeber what had happened. They suggested a Cat scan, so off she went (pic attached....note last years cwira shirt still on her, and the cold cloth on her forehead).

Long story short, she should be fine. She went to school Monday am with a headache and neck pain (nothing a liqui-gel couldnt fix).

What we realized was, she's not good at crashing (she's never crashed ice racing,and has only had minor stuff in her many years of kart racing and flattrack.....nothing like what happened Sunday). Aside from the head/neck injury and being dazed.....she was just very scared.

I wanted thank the track for having fresh, soft, dry hay bails. If those bays were rock hard, the outcome could have been much different.

Although that helmet was only a year old, Hanna said she wasnt that crazy about it anyways.......time for a new one I guess.

Thanks again for all the calls, texts and words of encouragement........

Hanna's Dad

MotoBill
Advanced Member
MotoBill
Advanced Member

January 10th, 2012, 8:59 pm #2

Tell Hanna it ain't racing unless you have a good "crash" story to tell! Hope this is the only she gets!

Get well soon kid - super glad to hear you're OK! :)

powerpac1

January 10th, 2012, 10:51 pm #3

glad to hear everything's ok, hope to see Hanna on the track again soon.

robert67
Advanced Member
robert67
Advanced Member

January 11th, 2012, 1:49 am #4

hanna is a trooper. glad shes ok. i bet it isn't long before we see #42 on the line ;)

afdmedic
afdmedic

January 11th, 2012, 5:39 am #5

CDaniels,
I was one of the medics that checked Hanna out. We are glad to hear that Hanna is alright. I am assuming that the CT scan checked ok and she didn't need that neck brace after the scan? I am also a past CWIRA racer (90'S) didn't seem like we went that fast back then. Maybe its my age now. Again glad she is doing good and looking forward to your group racing in Amherst next year..
Happy New Year.

cdaniels
Advanced Member
cdaniels
Advanced Member

January 11th, 2012, 2:13 pm #6

afdmedic wrote:CDaniels,
I was one of the medics that checked Hanna out. We are glad to hear that Hanna is alright. I am assuming that the CT scan checked ok and she didn't need that neck brace after the scan? I am also a past CWIRA racer (90'S) didn't seem like we went that fast back then. Maybe its my age now. Again glad she is doing good and looking forward to your group racing in Amherst next year..
Happy New Year.
1st of all, thank you for everything.....you guys were awesome in the Ambulance.

CT scan looked good/normal. No neck brace after the scan.

If ever at Matero's Pizza in Polonia, introduce yourself, I'd like to buy you a beer or two!!

Hanna42
Hanna42

January 13th, 2012, 12:09 am #7

Hey guys,

Thanks for all the support, I'm doing good and hope to be on the ice at Sherwood! :)

-Hanna

MotoBill
Advanced Member
MotoBill
Advanced Member

January 13th, 2012, 2:19 am #8

Hanna42 wrote:Hey guys,

Thanks for all the support, I'm doing good and hope to be on the ice at Sherwood! :)

-Hanna
Go get 'em kid.