7:08 PM - Apr 12, 2009 #22

tbh i dont use this forum alot, but when i do i constantly see mods ruining. most the topic that people enjoy just get close or removed and a ton of posts deleted, just cus 1 prick mod wants to act like they're 30. ffs jardine

7:12 PM - Apr 12, 2009 #23

Mizen wrote: Make me Mod
Thats an idea

What would you do as mod?

7:17 PM - Apr 12, 2009 #24

sqemish fish wrote: tbh i dont use this forum alot, but when i do i constantly see mods ruining. most the topic that people enjoy just get close or removed and a ton of posts deleted, just cus 1 prick mod wants to act like they're 30. ffs jardine
Yea i see that alot of people don't like getting threads closed.

I can guess one or the other, the thread being closed or the flame/spam deleted from it. If neither happens then this will not be a community but a flame forum.

If you can find a way of balance in containing spam/flame in popular threads then please suggest it.

I am taking everything here personal, not in the bad way, but in a way as to adjust to what the community would like. But bear in mind i won't just let spam/flame in every thread.

7:25 PM - Apr 12, 2009 #25

Sir Tenure wrote:
Mizen wrote: Make me Mod
Thats an idea

What would you do as mod?
I'm unbiased and to be honest, some of the mods take their responsibilites too seriously. It's good to enforce rules etc but there's a fine line between moderating and seeming like a miser.

7:25 PM - Apr 12, 2009 #26

Sir Tenure wrote:
sqemish fish wrote: tbh i dont use this forum alot, but when i do i constantly see mods ruining. most the topic that people enjoy just get close or removed and a ton of posts deleted, just cus 1 prick mod wants to act like they're 30. ffs jardine

I can guess one or the other, the thread being closed or the flame/spam deleted from it. If neither happens then this will not be a community but a flame forum.

If you can find a way of balance in containing spam/flame in popular threads then please suggest it.

I am taking everything here personal, not in the bad way, but in a way as to adjust to what the community would like. But bear in mind i won't just let spam/flame in every thread.
k well now you got to change the way 8 other people think and act. gl

7:31 PM - Apr 12, 2009 #27

sqemish fish wrote:
Sir Tenure wrote:

Not sure what 8 other people think means, but i do see what some have said.

I said i will adjust, and i will.

I would like more feedback from other people before i make any big change.

But i can say that i will not lock popular threads in the future, but of course there can't be too much flame or spam in it either. I may delete some of the posts, if i think it will allow the thread to go on. That may not sound like much but i am making an effort to meet you and the others who mentioned it in the middle.

7:35 PM - Apr 12, 2009 #28

Sir Tenure wrote:
sqemish fish wrote:
Sir Tenure wrote: Yea i see that alot of people don't like getting threads closed.

But i can say that i will not lock popular threads in the future, but of course there can't be too much flame or spam in it either. I may delete some of the posts, if i think it will allow the thread to go on. That may not sound like much but i am making an effort to meet you and the others who mentioned it in the middle.
there's 8 other people with moderating status, and just because you want to listen to others and do something doesn't mean they will/do.

7:39 PM - Apr 12, 2009 #29

sqemish fish wrote:
Sir Tenure wrote:
sqemish fish wrote: k well now you got to change the way 8 other people think and act. gl

there's 8 other people with moderating status, and just because you want to listen to others and do something doesn't mean they will/do.
K, thanks for clearing that up =)

You are right about that, everyone does have their own minds and opinions on how a situation should be handled.

That is one of the reasons that i made this thread, so they can see what others are asking of them.

I make no promises that they will change, but like members have said in other community feedback threads, they would at least like to be heard.

9:15 PM - Apr 12, 2009 #30

I don't use cwc forums much because of the whole flameing over the internet, yes theres no harm in insulting someone over the net, not exactly a big deal But when theres something you want to read and you read a post followed by 5-6 posts of flame before the next decent post it gets irritating, just stick to not flameing in certain ares of the site and mods wont have to spam lock things, don't piss and moan about mods locking things when theres reason to -_-