Improvements

G

October 8th, 2008, 3:55 pm #1

Seeing as this is a new community you guys might think that there are some problems with it, please post any suggestions you might have to help improve this community, they could be technical improvements such as the skin of the boards or just the way the community should be run.

October 8th, 2008, 3:57 pm #2

okkkk
Who Dares Wins.

XBL:
Logan Hfc

PSN:
zzLstarzz
TiocfaidhArLa149

October 8th, 2008, 4:06 pm #3

so far i think its ace cus draco doesnt lead it. and kura isnt gonna go inactive let things get better then come back and fuck it all up again.

October 8th, 2008, 4:09 pm #4

mojo_jojo145 wrote: so far i think its ace cus draco doesnt lead it. and kura isnt gonna go inactive let things get better then come back and fuck it all up again.
+1
Who Dares Wins.

XBL:
Logan Hfc

PSN:
zzLstarzz
TiocfaidhArLa149

Deleted User
Deleted User

October 8th, 2008, 4:34 pm #5

Alright, I'll go first :D . Here is a list of improvements I personally think would lift the community a bit... these are all suggestions so go easy on me if you don't like it:

.DESIGN
- Change the skin.
- Change the width of the forum tables. The bigger the forum tables are the better. Assuming that people will post big sized images having big forum tables minimizes the risk of getting disordered tables.
- Make a new banner that looks a bit more professional.
- If you want to stick to the current style or change it make it so all fonts are readable, colorwise.
- Avoid images that don't fit with the way the forums should look. Example: the forum title bars are supposed to be rounded at the edges but there are some little untouched parts that hasn't been removed after rounding the edges (yes I'm a bit too finicky :P )
- Generally make the forums look more CW:ish by maybe using some CW icons and such for forum markers for example.

If you'd like any customizations of the things listed above give me a shout, I'd be glad to help.

.FUNCTIONS
- Fast Reply is not enabled in all forums so enabling that would be a good idea.

.OTHER
- Change the forums a bit! The forums and their orders are almost the same as the old CWC, be more creative and make some changes for the sake of keeping things interesting.
- Do some better forum categorizing. For example Arts and Entertainment, General Discussion and Introductions are all under the same category, these aren't that related to be put under the same category. Maybe create a category and call it "Media" then place all forums that have to do with images and movies under it. Then maybe create another category and place all member related forums in that.
- Create some spam free zones. Have some forums for serious discussions without people spamming it and going off topic after one page of posts.

These are a few of my suggestions, like it or hate it they're just suggestions :P (more will be added as they hit my mind).

G

October 8th, 2008, 4:40 pm #6

Thanks for the suggestions

I know that you're good with images and banners and such so if you don't mind could you make a banner that you think would be suitable for the forums and we'll see how it goes from there.

October 8th, 2008, 4:43 pm #7

ya only thing that bugs me is the quote color, other than that everything else seem to be decent

Deleted User
Deleted User

October 8th, 2008, 4:44 pm #8

Sure, not a problem. But it'd would be good to know if the forums style will be changed or not so I can make the banner go with the color of the forums, would look much better that way :P .

October 8th, 2008, 4:45 pm #9

To make this forum better we need to ban the following players;

jattonfire
kuramarhs

ps. joke

pss. seriously though delete duffman from the banner!
Last edited by the_poo111 on October 8th, 2008, 4:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

October 8th, 2008, 4:46 pm #10

the_poo111 wrote: To make this forum better we need to ban the following players;

jattonfire
kuramarhs
LOL