Event Ideas

Joined: 9:20 PM - Mar 02, 2010

2:41 PM - Dec 05, 2010 #1

Which Ideas do You like?

Total votes: 50
14(28%)
4(8%)
9(18%)
12(24%)
4(8%)
7(14%)

After yesterdays clear results of no events on Saturdays or Sundays from 12 est to 6pm EST, an idea was brought up. This idea is based on Thursdays event time which is very much more appealing to our Euro members than those who live in the U.S. The Idea is to have a Saturday event at 8 Pm EST. Now I do realize this means it would be 1 Am GMT, but as much as this is inconvenient for our Euro members, Thursday is the opposite, so it's balanced that there's an event time appealing for both majorities of the community.

The second idea would be a roundabout between events being Castle wars and other things that arn't. A rotation cycle would be implemented, rotating which event time has Cw and which has Non-CW. Basically one week the Thursday time would be Castle wars and that same week the Saturday event would be non-cw. The next week Thursday would be non-cw and Saturday would become the Cw event. This would make it so both time zones would be able to have both Cw events and Non-cw, so people who want some Non-cw once and a while, but can't make it to the Saturday event, can do so.

Also.. the Saturday event could possibly go to Sunday if people find that more convenient. But then there is pretty much no chance any Euro members will attend. Since a lot of people stay up past 1 anyways on a Saturday night.

If you live in a Euro time, please do not rant (about the Event time). Euro events are on Thursdays and now we are trying to make an event more appealing to U.S. members.

This thread IS conclusive. If the Saturday event at 8pm is well liked, it will be implemented. You can vote twice, so pick your 2 opinions.

The comments on this thread are only for constructive feedback. If your just going to post a picture of a facepalm or something that has to do with nothing or something else stupid.. its going to be deleted.

Last edited by Kbtennis on 3:00 PM - Dec 05, 2010, edited 2 times in total.
Like
Share

Joined: 3:24 AM - Jun 22, 2009

3:24 PM - Dec 05, 2010 #2

Saturday at 8 est
Rotate events here n there




Like
Share

Joined: 12:31 AM - Oct 21, 2009

3:27 PM - Dec 05, 2010 #3

bach12964 wrote:Saturday at 8 est
Rotate events here n there
here come the euros. events are pointless so many different timezones. can't find a medium
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7qs05jMud1I
I don't want to fuck some cunt who fucked like 70 dudes in my town. I want the bad bitch who loves vinyl and is picky.
Like
Share

Joined: 9:20 PM - Mar 02, 2010

3:30 PM - Dec 05, 2010 #4

High Caliber wrote:
bach12964 wrote:Saturday at 8 est
Rotate events here n there
here come the euros. events are pointless so many different timezones. can't find a medium
Thats why we are trying to split it up into 2 different times, both are "possible" for either side to make, but one is much more convinient for U.S. players and the other is appealing for European players. So now we dont have to find a medium.
Like
Share

Joined: 3:24 AM - Jun 22, 2009

3:35 PM - Dec 05, 2010 #5

Tbh frankly this is probably the best situation for usa/euro mems
This way, everybody can make it throughout the week




Like
Share

Amy
Joined: 7:04 PM - Sep 25, 2009

3:47 PM - Dec 05, 2010 #6

personally i think we shouldnt have an event every week, that's kind of treating cwc as a clan instead of a community.. I think the very minimum would be every fortnight for cw.

As for non cw events should be every once in awhile like once a month or every 2, only reason because if it always happens it'll start to die out as theres only so much to do on runescape.

but who cares what a noodle thinks !run



Like
Share

Joined: 9:20 PM - Mar 02, 2010

3:57 PM - Dec 05, 2010 #7

Amy wrote:personally i think we shouldnt have an event every week, that's kind of treating cwc as a clan instead of a community.. I think the very minimum would be every fortnight for cw.

As for non cw events should be every once in awhile like once a month or every 2, only reason because if it always happens it'll start to die out as theres only so much to do on runescape.

but who cares what a noodle thinks !run
I do. :happy2:

And thats a good suggestion, but i think the difference between this and a clan is.. first of all you dont have to come, and theres nobody breathing down your neck, and theres a lot more people (hopefully) then at clan events. But i do see your point.. there is only so much to do but i think some non-cw things are a lot more fun then some people think. And if we are only having like 2 different things a month, but by the time we have to start doing things over again.. people would have forgot or wanted to do it again because it was fun. And after events we will have feedback to see if we ever want to revisit that :cheer2:

But yeah, the bored out factor is a big issue. But then its up to me and xiga to make it fun again !run !run
Last edited by Kbtennis on 3:59 PM - Dec 05, 2010, edited 1 time in total.
Like
Share

Joined: 12:37 PM - Oct 08, 2008

4:01 PM - Dec 05, 2010 #8

bach12964 wrote:Saturday at 8 est
Rotate events here n there
Like
Share

Amy
Joined: 7:04 PM - Sep 25, 2009

4:08 PM - Dec 05, 2010 #9

Kaybee wrote:
Amy wrote:personally i think we shouldnt have an event every week, that's kind of treating cwc as a clan instead of a community.. I think the very minimum would be every fortnight for cw.

As for non cw events should be every once in awhile like once a month or every 2, only reason because if it always happens it'll start to die out as theres only so much to do on runescape.

but who cares what a noodle thinks !run
I do. :happy2:

And thats a good suggestion, but i think the difference between this and a clan is.. first of all you dont have to come, and theres nobody breathing down your neck, and theres a lot more people (hopefully) then at clan events. But i do see your point.. there is only so much to do but i think some non-cw things are a lot more fun then some people think. And if we are only having like 2 different things a month, but by the time we have to start doing things over again.. people would have forgot or wanted to do it again because it was fun. And after events we will have feedback to see if we ever want to revisit that :cheer2:

But yeah, the bored out factor is a big issue. But then its up to me and xiga to make it fun again !run !run
I know you have the choice of coming or not, that'll probably be why its better to spread the events out, after awhile the turn up will get less and less because of that reason. Whereas if events were a little more rare it would be more of a reason to show up.

I do quite alot of the other minigames on RuneScape aswell, such as Trouble Brewing which no one really likes lol.. and yeah I agree that there are things that are more fun, but if its a every week of another event after another - this i'm not too sure about. I can see it happening once a month but idk

!panda


Like
Share

Joined: 5:01 PM - Mar 25, 2009

4:11 PM - Dec 05, 2010 #10

Umm, just stick to the cw events on thursdays for now. Don't see the point of going from nothing to 2 events a week, seems abit pointless and people will get bored very quickly..

Just stick with 1 cw event a week
Like
Share