Forum

Topics related to custodial/janitorial/cleaning/maintenance.

Forum

spongebon
Advanced Member
spongebon
Advanced Member

Dec 12 2006, 06:03 AM #1

June 3 2010 - Made the discussion, tips, sharing categories accessible only to logged in members.

March 15, 2007
Recently James Nokes mentioned us on his website in article number 70!
It is here:
http://build-a-business.com/weekly_hint_70_A.htm

He mentions some of our forum posts and the article is a fun read, especially since we're in it! :) He highlights the flick the lights post started by Dirts and some other stuff. How cool is that!

-----------------------------------------------------------

feb 18, 2007:
Added another category for Job Hunters as well as those looking to hire custodial or maintenance workers. The first post was information supplied by email by the newest member, SrCustodian.

Also today I updated and did a facelift on my blog. You can see how it's comig along HERE
------------------------------------------------------------
feb 17 2007:
Had a nice email conversation yesterday with James Nokes, the owner of that great website The Cleaning Institute http://build-a-business.com He has a really great free newsletter for those in the cleaning biz. And his website is chock full of great articles and ebooks. If you have some time I recommend clicking over to his site, check it out and sign up for his news. I have been subscribing to it for years and have learned quite a bit. I don't care how long you work at a job, I believe you can always learn something new! :smile:

--------------------------------------------------------------
feb 08, 2007:
Added an rss feed box script featuring safety articles from The Janitor Store on the safety page of the main website. You can see this on the left side of that page. The topics are clickable and will take you to their site and allow you to read entire articles. If you are starting or thinking of starting up your own cleaning biz they have lots of great resources including business forms on their site.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
feb 05, 2007:
By suggestion of member, Dirts, the following topic header has been set up today in the main "front-door" section of the forum-
IDEAS- TIPS Ideas, tips, repairs, troubleshooting, work-arounds, inventions, any info regarding things you've done or created that helps make your job easier, more efficient and safe. He also found a great resource at an ezine site where Steve Hanson has over a hundred reprint articles for workers in our line of work as well as those starting up and maintaining their own cleaning businesses. I added a couple of his articles to the main site today and a link to his site is linked at the bottom of his articles. One is how to adjust the straps on back pack vacs and the other one I snagged is the one Dirts mentions on ergonomic cleaning equipment. here's Steve's bio with a complete list on that page of his cleaning biz articles. lots of good info for us all in there.
---------------------------------------------------------------------
jan 29, 2007:
Added more items to the store today under a new category that might be of interest to those running their own independent cleaning biz. The store itself is a fairly new addition to the Custodial Worker Resource site and it has things most of us use in this line of work. ... from small things such as retractable key chains and books to the bigger items like rolling cans, hand trucks, vacs etc. If you want to take a look at the store it is linked off the website's main page, near the bottom of the page...or you can click HERE to see it.

--------------------------------------------------------------

dec 29, 2006:
A new page is now on the custodian.info site. It's a quiz! Also new is an article on starting your own cleaning business. Check those out when you have time and let me know if there is anything else you'd like to see added onto the site. Thanks
:comp: spongebon ....www.custodian.info
----------------------------------------------------------------

dec 12, 2006:
wasntme The main site ( www.custodian.info ) is down right now, but will be back within 24 hours (I hope)
The hosting service was doing maintenance and not sure what happened, but now they are moving files to another server and was informed I will need to reset the name servers when they are done.
So this could take awhile. Sorry. It's been a hair puller of a day.

Be sure to check out the sharing portion of this forum where Nigel just posted photos (or rather links to them)!!! :photo:

spongebon
Advanced Member
spongebon
Advanced Member

Jan 30 2007, 09:36 AM #2

Wondering if any have tried out the quiz on the main website and if so did you like it? I could create more of these so if you have input on this feel free to let me know.

spongebon
Advanced Member
spongebon
Advanced Member

Feb 6 2007, 02:49 AM #3

:bus: Wondering if anyone out there might be interested in having a website sort of like custodian.info, but for bus drivers or say for food service workers? If this is something you'd like to see happen ...?

spongebon
Advanced Member
spongebon
Advanced Member

Feb 9 2007, 03:25 AM #4

OzzyFan and Dirts directed me to a comic strip that features a janitor called Frazz. So I set up a button link to it on the main page, left side and on the humor page. :lol:

spongebon
Advanced Member
spongebon
Advanced Member

Feb 9 2007, 03:28 AM #5

I updated my blog last night. if you'd like to read my rantings it is linked near the bottom of the main site's index page. The author of my blog is called Mindfrosting, but it's me, spongebon. Let me know what you think of it. Thanks :comp:

spongebon
Advanced Member
spongebon
Advanced Member

Aug 19 2007, 05:50 AM #6

:demonstrate:

Hey! If you have tried to register so that you can participate in the forum, but your registration hasn't come through - you might want to email me and remind me to get with it.

I don't always find these and some look slighly like they might be spammy. So in trying to be careful in an attempt at keeping the forum free of spam I might inadvertantly be junking your legit registration attempt. So, do email if you feel it's been a long wait. info@custodian.info and be sure to put something logical in the subject line and in the message something to lead me to believe you are true. Thanks, spongebon