May 2nd, 2015, 6:29 pm #21

We did some yard work yesterday afternoon (UGH). Half our front yard is great because it gets runoff from the gutters, and the other half is sparse and crappy looking. We got that seed/mulch/fertilizer mix stuff and I used a hard rake to scrape up the ground and get rid of a bunch of the dead grass and straw from when the lawn was fixed up last year (after a sewer repair had destroyed it). Then when we went to water it after spreading the seed mix and around and found out that our hose, sprinkler, and sprayer head are all done for Sooo we'll be buying that tomorrow. And probably more seed mix.
-> Kuwana, Japan - YFU JUSSE scholarship, summer 2004
-> Izmir, Turkey - work abroad, summer 2007
YFU volunteer area representative since 2009

May 19th, 2015, 12:52 am #22

My garden is really coming along. My lettuce and spinach are growing really well. My tomato plants are grow nice and tall. Tonight while I was watering I saw that I have a snap pea! Also a couple weeks ago I bought a cantaloupe and decided to plant a couple seeds, and last week a cantaloupe plant started to grow.
--> YFU Gap year 03/04
--> Volunteer Teacher 11/12

Traveled to:

April 16th, 2016, 6:30 pm #23

I'm cleaning up our screened-in porch now that it's warm enough to have the doors to it open. SOOOO much dirt. OMG. At one point I used a swiffer duster on the siding and even though it was filthy from the furniture it turned the siding from greige to beige I just have to Windex the furniture and the ledges where I know the cats will sit and I'm calling it good.
-> Kuwana, Japan - YFU JUSSE scholarship, summer 2004
-> Izmir, Turkey - work abroad, summer 2007
YFU volunteer area representative since 2009