Generating A Heartbeat

July 27th, 2011, 1:24 am #1

Aka, talking here about giving the forum a bit of life. I think most of you are aware that this place isn't as lively as it could be. I feel it's kind of a shame, because, yes, you do still have that glimmer of a membership here, a few people posting on the odd days, and it does seem quite a friendly community, and has some good people in it. It's unfortunate really then that it's as slow as it is.
This is basically an encouragement all to start trying to post around a bit more. I note you have a large amount of members who tend to sit in, stare at everything, and not comment much. It's a shame really that you have so many people, knowing each other and the forum, but just not talking or communicating (bar the shoutbox which seems to be the only real string of activity).
As such, this is first an encouragement to those people to dare posting about a bit. Don't just take a look at things - have a thought, leave a comment. I think a good way to get some more communication and people talking would be a challenge to you really - see if you can post at least one new topic in each area. New topics means new things to talk about, lots of people posting at least one new topic in as many areas as possible leaves a lot to talk about in a lot of places, and will generally give this place a spark of activity too.
I've already done my best to post a few new different topics around if people want to go check those out and comment, or if they wanna just start their own, whatever really. I may also do a small amount of advertising for you guys whilst I'm feeling generous.
This is a good place, with some interesting people, so it'd be a shame to let it churn down this much.

July 27th, 2011, 2:07 am #2

I would post in topics, but I generally don't have much if anything to say, quite honestly… :c

EDIT: And immediately after this post, I post in a bunch of topics when I was meaning to go to sleep. Irony. : v

July 27th, 2011, 2:16 am #3

I honestly don't know what to post here :/ I don't rp much anymore, not like a was a big Rper in the beginning, and Rp's used to make this forum active. but, idk. plus, there are a lot of Private rps too, which limits who can join.

It's hard to post here, since 1. its hard to come up with a topic, 2, for the most part, we all know each other so well so topics like "how old are you?""do you have any pets?" are kinda useless.

Really, what we need is new members to flood in or something.Then there will be new faces to meet and more things to talk about. Most of us talk outside the forum on skype or msn and such. so new faces would really help out a lot.

I would ask people to join, but I don't know many who honestly would want to. I have one friend who probably would though, but his laptop is broken, so I've been communicating with him through PSN.

Also, a lot of us are older. Majority of the members are High School or College. Mostly college though, so they are very busy people during and not during the school year. We all know how college people are~

We are a pretty friendly bunch, but again, we all know each other so well, so we arn't like "OMG HAI <333" see what I'm trying to say?
The answer is: new members xD;

July 27th, 2011, 2:39 am #4

I agree Mr. D, ive got a few projects in mind i havent initiated because ever since i work on the weekends ive been really tired, but i promise ill do my best to get some activity in here, and i hope you guys tag along, otherwise id be wasting my time and energy ( which i lack)

July 29th, 2011, 1:34 am #5

@Fifumz: The problem with saying 'the answer is new members' is that you also need life to attract new members. Yes, new members = life, but the same is vice versa. Effort needs to be put in to show people that when they join, they are actually coming to something.

One suggestion I'm just gonna throw out there is that I know the Admins have the ability to send an all-member e-mail out to people. Take advantage of that, and send one out saying that you're attempting to bring life back to the place. That way, we can bring some old faces back, but hopefully generate new life, y'know?

July 29th, 2011, 1:37 am #6

Well, I've seen activity the past couple of days. So, there we go.

July 29th, 2011, 4:44 am #7

Pretty much thanks to the Dreigan meister.

ive always thought Mass PM annoys people...

July 29th, 2011, 10:39 am #8

Why would it? It's just one singular message for each one of them that tells them "oh hey, we're still around, might wanna take a look around for old time's sake," and if they ain't interested, they'll just ignore it. Simple.

July 29th, 2011, 9:05 pm #9

Herman2000 wrote:Why would it?
because it bothers me to get those myself xD; ,
but screw it... ill just send one.

August 1st, 2011, 2:35 am #10

Unfortunately it seems the enthusiasm of the people who've commented in this topic doesn't appear to've been matched by a large number of the other forumees... Still, a strong few is better than a weak many. Or something. I dunno. I probably got that out of a fortune cookie.