Moderator: Starlight_Embrace

Tsubasa Chronicles

Mindy
Underpuss
Mindy
Underpuss

June 19th, 2008, 11:07 pm #1

I love this series a LOT, and I do prefer the manga over the anime, but the anime has its fabulous moments, too. The crossover CLAMP universe characters are so neat and I just enjoy the stories and characters. Quite a few of the chapters touched my heart.

I have a fondness for Kurogane. :ph43r: Or just ninjas in general XD
Psychomouse Network:
http://psychomouse.phoenixcrash.net

lightofhope18
Ragle fragle
lightofhope18
Ragle fragle

June 23rd, 2008, 3:36 pm #2

I adore the series as well -- however, the anime just does not live up to the manga (TOO many fillers and random stories).

Mokona by far is my favorite -- I think I have an unnatural obsession with cute and bubbly types of characters... And of course I adore Fai. CLAMP really is creative when it comes to story ideas~

Mindy
Underpuss
Mindy
Underpuss

June 27th, 2008, 12:51 am #3

I love Mokona! Fai was one of my favorites in the beginning (of the manga) but then I lost interest (and hope) in him; however, that's been renewed with the recent manga chapters. He has certainly redeemed himself!

Sakura is much cooler in the manga.
Psychomouse Network:

lightofhope18
Ragle fragle
lightofhope18
Ragle fragle

July 1st, 2008, 1:25 pm #4

Mindy wrote: Sakura is much cooler in the manga.
Yes, Sakura is way cooler in the manga. I felt she was slightly pathetic in the anime. Actually, the anime made it seem really pathetic and hopeless. The Tokyo OAV redeemed the anime slightly.

TokuTenshi
Underpuss
TokuTenshi
Underpuss

July 6th, 2008, 7:10 am #5

oh my gosh, the anime so disappointed me. not only was the gore and stuff cut down due to station censorship issues, but it felt emotionally flat. when a still picture conveys more feelings then an animated speaking one... you KNOW you got problems.

the OVA is sooo much better. within the first five minuets of the first one i saw more blood then the entire two seasons combined. I was a happy girl.

Sakura's getting pretty hardcore now and more like her CCS self. I still want her to say her unbeatable phrase though...
"everything will definatly be alright."

i was a bit surprised when i was watching my cardcaptor sakura dvd set and noticed that maho and touya both stated "there are no coincidences, only the inevitable."
i suppose maho could have heard it from yuuko.

Mindy
Underpuss
Mindy
Underpuss

December 24th, 2008, 1:34 am #6

And coming out in '09, there will be a Tsubasa/xxxholic OAD. More Tsubasa goodness~~~ <3
Psychomouse Network:

Confirmation of reply: