South Field

Herein are all the exterior areas of The Crusader Academy

South Field

Caesar Drake
Hotel

05 Mar 2014, 16:47 #1

The South Field sits directly across the road from the Aristotle Building. The distance around the edge is one quarter of a mile and the field is largest enough to play several outdoor games at once.
"In game terms, reality is broken." - Patrick Kapera, Crafty Games, creator of Spycraft, FantasyCraft and the MasterCraft game system

War is changing. Killing, however, is constant.

Vince Able
Trainee

23 Aug 2015, 03:46 #2

Vince caught the ball effortlessly as he tossed it in the air. Dressed in a tank top and athletic shorts, he scanned the field to see if there was someone to play with. Sadly most either learned they were not in his league physically or where more of the indoor type. He made his lips thin and thought to himself, Makes me miss the boys.

Setting the ball and a large bag he brought by his side, The Unbreakable Boy stretched his hamstrings. Even if we can't play sports doesn't mean I got to get out of shape,[/color he convinced himself. Ronin would work out still. So with that, vince produced a 45 pound plate from the bag and tossed it up on his shoulder.

Taking off in a jog, The young hero eventually came to nice throt before picking beginning to time himself by a two minutes. On the two minute mark, he took off in a sprint. He can for one straight minute and came to a jog again. He repeated the process for ten reps. By the time he was done, Vince dropped the weight, still feeling too light for him but the sprints made him want to puke. Vince fought the thought, "Please Taco Tuesday was amazing last night but I don't want to be seeing repeats... "

01 Sep 2015, 22:53 #3

People need to realize the importance of afternoon tea, Nathan lamented while he was taking a walk in the green areas surrounding the school near the Artistotle building. But more importantly, they should realize the importance of afternoon ale, he continued his thought, as he slowly sipped from the small bottle he was carrying with him. It was a hot summer afternoon, and the young teacher basically had nothing to do, so he decided to take a walk, then relax a bit outside. And nothing more desirable on such a hot summer's day than some good old ice cold beer.

As he walked by the large green south field, he saw a young student nearby, a boy he probably already met on a few occasions, doing some practice around. 'Ah, Americans. They call rugby football and football soccer. Strange kind of people.', the young Brit smiled, as he watched the boy jogging.

"Good afternoon.", Nathan nodded, as he walked past the boy. "Tacos?", he asked to himself, not realizing why he had that thought. Then he suddenly realized he was probably reading the boy's mind without wanting to, and for some reason the boy was thinking about tacos. Strange. Hopefully he did not hear what he said.

Vince Able
Trainee

05 Sep 2015, 22:01 #4

Vince fell to his knees and rolled to his back, "Oh my god... world... stop spinning... please... that will help..." His stomach was turning in knots, he placed his hand on his head to help hold the world in place. "Fuck you Crossfit... you suck," he cursed the workout.

Soon a shadow made the world a little less bright and Vince looked up at the words of Tacos. "What?" he asked as he recognized Mr. Greenwood, "Mr. G what are you talking about?"

Gwen Stark
Experienced
Gwen Stark
Experienced

12 Sep 2015, 07:37 #5

"You should watch out for that teacher...or at least your thoughts around him." Came a voice from a ways down the field. Not like she needed fresh air, but having a bit of free time made things a bit more enjoyable. "Sorry for butting in. Was getting too crowded inside the building...that and figured my mini army could use the workout too." She gestured to her handheld device. She wasn't one for exercise if she couldn't help it, but then again she guessed that she still had a decent metabolism from all those training sessions and weights and self-defense classes and the like to burn off all of those late-night gaming binges on the weekends. And those were a bit more important right now; it helped her relax and get better in reaction time...or so she told herself. Maybe she should bring up a club idea to the teachers to have weekly gaining sessions with a different game each week to improve strategy, hand-eye coordination, and reaction time...that and it gave the others a chance to have fun for once.

"Oh hey Mr. Greenwood...sorry for spoiling your secret there." Gwen waved a bit finally making her way up to the two men. "Too bad we don't have someone here with the superpower of being an awesome chef for those boring school lunches, right? I mean the cafe is cool and all, but I've really been craving McD's, especially their fries. So addictive!"

12 Sep 2015, 09:58 #6

"Oh, sorry...", Nathan shook his head, looking at the boy, who called him 'Mr. G.', "Nevermind. It was just a slip of tongue."

"Good afternoon.", the teacher then waved as he noticed the little gamer girl approaching their company. "No, it's not a secret.", he replied, "I'm sure by now all the students are very much aware of my powers.", he smiled. He knew that occassionally Gwen was irritated by him being able to read her mind, which was natural of course - being a student and having a teacher around who could catch you when you lie or try to withhold something. It would've made him totally outraged as a teen. Of course, in reality, it was the other way around. It helped him in many ways that he was able to read his teachers' thoughts.

"Ms. Stark, you remind me how long it's been since I ate a good dish of fish and chips. They just can't make it the same here.", Nathan added, reacting to the girl's remarks about meals. Really, how long it's been since he ate something actually delicious? In this regard, he truly missed home. Mom could really cook well...

Gwen Stark
Experienced
Gwen Stark
Experienced

25 Sep 2015, 13:38 #7

"Figured I'd warn the new kids before they get spooked. That's all. No harm, no foul, right?" Gwen asked, finally making it to the two of them. "Not to say that reading people's minds is a bad thing...or a good thing. Depends on what thought you decide to check out." She shrugged, landing at the other guy before jumping back into he conversation about food. "How'd they make it over there? Hand-cut thick fries and beer-battered fish pieces? Maybe you can show us all sometime so we can pass the word along and do it the 'right' way."

Of course in her eyes, fish and chips were just that; as long as it wasn't too oily or too salty, all they needed was a side of ranch dressing for both and dinner was ready. She wasn't all that picky with food. Of course now the thought popped into her head on actually asking the headmaster for a McD's or some other brand-name restaurant to come onto the school...then again, that would probably put the school at risk, with no one knowing its location and all that aside from maybe parents. Dismissing that thought completely, Gwen glanced at the two guys, well, looked down at the one on the ground. Man, he really didn't look well. Kneeling by his side, Gwen's expression changed to one of concern. "Hey, you alright? Need a hand?"

((sorry for the delay, wanted to see if Vince was posting first))