Library

Herein lies all the Buildings for Academics and Training for both Students and Faculty.

Library

Caesar Drake
Hotel

31 Dec 2013, 19:30 #1

LIBRARY
"In game terms, reality is broken." - Patrick Kapera, Crafty Games, creator of Spycraft, FantasyCraft and the MasterCraft game system

War is changing. Killing, however, is constant.

Melody Aestas
Trainee

03 Aug 2015, 03:53 #2

The library was silent like normal as Melody wandered around the bookshelves, lightly dragging her pointer finger along the spines of the books as she walked past. Barely reading the covers of the books, she made her way to her favorite section, wondering what this place would be like during the actual school year. Would the tables be buzzing with the idle talk of students gossip instead of studying? Or would it be just as dead and peaceful as it was during the summer? Either way, that would stop her from popping in every day to pick out a new book to read.

Smiling, Melody peaked over the bookshelves in a way that seemed like she was greeting an imaginary friend, and in this case it was as she envisioned her favorite book characters wandering the shelves and sprawled out studying at the tables studying for their next exams. Her smile suddenly broadened before she quickly hid behind a book shelf blushing. Quickly plucking the nearest book off the shelf, and opening it to some page in the middle as if she had been there reading it the whole time.

*open to anyone who wants to join and maybe cause some trouble*

Maya Ramirez
Trainee

04 Aug 2015, 01:22 #3

Maya looked like her typical unkempt self a rats nest of hair, an old, disheveled shirt and hand me down pants clinging ill fittingly to her body and a scowling look on her face. This was no real surprise. That was pretty much Maya’s default human look. The real surprise was that for the first time in what was a rather spotty academic career for Maya, she was actually in the school’s library on her own accord. Or as own as her accord could be, she wasn’t really there to study, or find a book to ready, because that was just about the most boring thing she could think to do at a time like this, no she was simply bored and wandering. She was prowling about the school, looking for something, anything to keep herself stimulated for the time.

So there she was stalking up and down the rows of books, glowering at anyone who was brave enough to make eye contact with her. Then she reached a particular row of books and noticed a girl who seemed engrossed in one of her books. As if compelled by a force greater than herself, she prowled silently up next to her and began peeking over her shoulder as best she could.
~ profile ~ stats ~

Gwen Stark
Experienced
Gwen Stark
Experienced

04 Aug 2015, 01:58 #4

So here she was in the library again, supposedly studying for who-knew-what (truth be told it was just an excuse to get out of the room), and be somewhere other than the dorm for however long. It would be almost two years since she started coming to this school for 'special' people, and not once did she make any progress in figuring out her own power other than the normal stuff...or even what she wanted to do after graduating...if she even made it that far. Sighing, she sat down at a table in a corner and flipped her handheld on, smiling a little as the main menu for a fighting game appeared. Maybe if she could work on her skills through this, it could transfer over? Shoving those thoughts aside, Gwen started a round and selected her character; a regal-looking princess.

"Alright, let's do this. Oh why you...! No you don't... So not fair!" She muttered every so often as she tried to keep up with the computer controlled characters she had set at a medium difficulty. Granted it was a bit harder than she was used to, but if she was going to control her 'personal army', then she needed to make decisions on the fly depending on the scenario in question. "Aw yeah! Get ready for the mighty Arrow of Light!" Play, maybe that was said a little louder than intended (and now she was beginning to regret leaving her room for a place that was 'technically' supposed to be Quiet Town), but she couldn't help herself. As the clock ticked down its final seconds, Gwen clenched her jaw and maneuvered her princess out of the way of a few 'lethal' hits, and punched the air when the final tally came out with her on top...barely.

Glancing up, she noticed a couple of people sitting close by. "Oh, sorry..." She apologized in a meek tone.

Melody Aestas
Trainee

04 Aug 2015, 02:28 #5

After a few moments, Mel realized she had opened Anne of Green Gables up to the point where Anne had accidentally dyed her hair green, instead of a "beautiful raven black." She giggled quietly envisioning the scene from the movie in her head as well, before a presence appeared next to her shoulder. She jumped a little when she turned to see another girl with a mop of wildly uncombed hair peering over her book. Trying to stay calm at the sudden presence of the young girl, she carefully closed the book she had just picked up, and turned to face her.

"Oh, um, hi! I didn't see you there! Did you want to borrow this book? Or where you just seeing what I was reading? Or...." Her thoughts trailed off as a shout from another girl bounced off the walls of the quiet library, surprising her again. "Oh! It's okay, I honestly didn't realize there were others in the library with me." A soft blush spread across her cheeks.

Janelle Morgan
Trainee

04 Aug 2015, 16:59 #6

 
Janelle knew that being as frequent a visitor to the library as she was did not help her status among her fellow students but she simply couldn’t help it. She still suffered from anxiety when it came to interacting with others and, aside from Gwen and a couple of others, she hadn’t really managed to fit in terribly well with her fellow students. She desperately wanted to but it simply hadn’t happened yet.

So, here she was again entering the large, comfortable place with her heavy pack slung over one shoulder and carrying an improbable looking stack of books in both arms. She lugged her burden over to the empty counter knowing that there would be no staff on duty at this time but being enough of a frequent visitor that she was familiar enough with the check-in process to take care of it on her own.

She was setting the books onto the counter when she heard a familiar voice:

"... Get ready for the mighty Arrow of Light!"

She couldn’t help but giggle slightly as Gwen made a sheepish apology to the others in the library. Thankfully, there wasn’t really anyone else aside from her and another girl Melody who Janelle shared a couple of classes with. The only other girl present was…

Maya!?

Well, yeah, sure. It was definitely Maya standing over the smaller Melody looking as if she’d been reading over the other girl’s shoulder. There was no mistaking the unique, and unquestionable exotic appearance of the young shapechanger. That she was actually in the library was surprising but, it was a quiet place most of the time and Janelle wasn’t one to question what anyone else was doing.

“Th-, that’s okay Gwen,” she called over in a low voice from the counter. She left the books for the moment and moved over towards her roommate offering a shy wave over towards Melody and Maya as she reached the table and placed her pack on top of it. “Hi Melody. Hi Maya.”

She tried to put a winning smile on her face as she greeted the others but there was still a bit of uncertainty in her expression when she looked at Maya. While she thought that Maya was intriguing, she was also quite intimidated by the wild and sometimes unpredictable girl. Since she was intimidated by nearly any sort of social interaction the potential for an actual physical confrontation that Maya often seemed capable of only served to heighten the tension Janelle felt when among a group of people.

Still, she was determined to make friends and, since it was only three other girls, Janelle pressed on hoping for a positive outcome here. She set aside her worries with a heroic effort and continued. “So, what brings you guys here on such a quiet day?”
<center>Profile ~.~Stats Sheet</center>

Maya Ramirez
Trainee

06 Aug 2015, 02:02 #7

When it rained it poured. In what seemed like a blink of the eye the library went form almost empty to her being surrounded by a couple of girls, both of whom she recognized from previous encounters, unlike the book girl. Still as they arrived the book girl seemed to have noticed her and seemed rather startled by the cat-girls presence. That amused her; she always liked it when she was able to get the drop on someone. It was her weird way of asserting dominance, and reminding everyone who was the apex predator at this school, the second way she did that was murdering deer eating them and leaving the carcass on the campus grounds to be found.

Either way, pleased as she was, she did not show it, simply staring at the girl in an unblinking manner with her unnaturally yellow eyes in a manner that was almost certainly violating personal space. The only thing that probably gave away she was even acknowledging the girls presences was the sniff she gave. Then stepped back a half a step, glance over at Gwen and Janelle, looked at the girl and answered her question, “My feet,” in the most literal way possible.
~ profile ~ stats ~

Gwen Stark
Experienced
Gwen Stark
Experienced

06 Aug 2015, 22:41 #8

In turn to the apology muttered by the other girl, Gwen blushed even harder and used her handheld to try and hide behind it. It was great to see Maya out and about, and hearing her answer on why she was here caused the brunette to make a soft chuckle. "I think what should be said was, 'Why are you here'. She meant to ask if you were here to study, or just find some quiet spot alone here...although it seems the latter is a bit out of the question now..."

And it turned out that the group of girls was joined by Janelle, her roomie! She hoped that the other wasn't mad for leaving the room, but figured that the other could use some alone time too. "Well...honestly for me, just practicing really. Since I can't apparently figure out what I am doing wrong since I want to get new abilities and progress too. I have no plans on anything outside of school once I graduate, and it seem like all I'm going to do is end up back in a broken home." She sighed and glanced away. "Sorry for the burden..."

Melody Aestas
Trainee

08 Aug 2015, 04:17 #9

Melody's eyes widened as Maya, finally recognizing the girl from her classes from spring semester, after invading her personal space for a bit by staring at her and then giving a quick sniff before back away. The odd behavior quickly sparked a bunch of scenes from fantasy novels to play in her mind, letting her calm down again from her fright to give Maya a genuine smile. When Janelle came into area and greeted them, Maya's witty response caused a small giggle out the younger girl.

"Hi, Janelle!" She listened in for a bit between the exchange between Gwen and Janelle before deciding to pitch in her own to sense. As much as she wanted to go back to her room and reread the book she had just picked up, there was no sense in leaving at the possibility of finally making a friend. Between just starting at the Academy this last semester and all the studying she had to do to catch up, she really hadn't had any time to socialize as much as she wanted to. "No, you're fine! I don't really have any clue at what I want to do either, maybe join one of the Bravo teams, I'm sure with my destructive powers I could be useful, but other than that....well..."

23 Mar 2016, 16:51 #10

Walking around campus, Mackenzie was rather bored. Sure, she had to study, but she didn't really want to. However, it would seem that that was the only thing on her schedule as of right now. Everyone seemed to be gone or busy, and, with finals coming up, Mackenzie knew she needed to do well this school year. Not so much because her parents would care. More so because she was feeling the pressure from herself. She was a perfectionist, after all, and average would simply just not do.

She sighed as she took a seat at one of the tables in the library. It was the quietest place on campus that she knew of, and she needed no distractions. Although, a distraction at this point would be more than welcome. She reached into her Versace backpack and pulled out her hideous biology book. She figured she might as well start with her least favorite subject.

As she read through the boring pages, little seemed to be sticking. Between the cardiovascular system and biomes, Mackenzie was feeling herself get a headache. Who even cared about the different climates that animals lived in? It wasn't like this was useful knowledge for later in life. She sighed as flipping through the chapters and taking meaningless notes. Distraction or help would be more than welcome at this point. That was for sure.

23 Mar 2016, 18:13 #11

"Wait... so you are telling me there is no potions for dummies or Black Arts 101 text books here? What kind of damn library is this? Where is the restricted section!?! Is that where you guys keep all the Victoria secret magazines too??? Mama needs a new bikini!" The young mage and spell-slinger, Morgana Von Hope called down the aisle of books.

She humpfted to herself after no response and turned left to walk down to search more. She reached out with her hand and pushed out a little bit of will with it. If there was a magical book to be found here, she would find it. She turned left then right... then left again... then right...

No luck.

Frustrated, Morgana gave a sigh, "Well ain't I a disappointed panda." She studied the area around her and pushed with her will one more time but instead of magic she found a different source of power. It... was surging... it drew Morgana to it. Opening her eyes, she saw a girl sitting there at the table. A smile creeping across her face, she had to meet this new person.

Sliding into the seat across from her, Morgana smiled and leaned in to look over the top of the book, "I am pretty sure I cant not pronounce like 90 percent of the words on this page."

23 Mar 2016, 19:58 #12

Oxygen gets passed through your body and away from your heart in your veins. No wait, that wasn't right. It was the arteries, right? Mackenzie sighed as she read over the same paragraphs three times. Why did it all have to be so complicated and boring? It wasn't like reading through the latest vogue magazine or anything. Nothing new or gossipy happens in the body. It's the same stuff all the time and has been that way for forever, so why was Mackenzie struggling with it so much?

She was brought out of her thoughts by a new voice that seemed to join her. Mackenzie had seen her around but never really talked to her much. The girl was taller than she was, which was really rare for the most part, and she was of course gorgeously skinny and pretty. Not as pretty as Mackenzie, of course, but pretty close. Mackenzie also noticed she had pretty good style which she could appreciate. It wasn't the newest clothes by any means like hers were, but they were cute. Definitely barrow worthy.

"Tell me about it. I think they want to bore and confuse us all to death, personally." She sighed looking back up at the girl in front of her and flashing a pleasantly nice smile. "I'm Mackenzie, Mackeznie Bettencourt." She didn't offer to ask the girl her name as she was sure she was going to provide it. It didn't really seem necessary for her to ask. "It's not like they chose to offer any fun electives to make up for it even like fashion design. No, I'm stuck taking Spanish on top of French." She was more idly chatting about herself as she did most the time. "And on top of that, they make me actually participate in the barbaric training sessions."

She rolled her eyes a bit at the thought before turning her attention back to the girl. "Oh, I love that top. Where'd you get it," she asked knowing it was from last season, but she still did truly like it. However, she'd stick to her in season designer tops for the time being personally.

25 Mar 2016, 12:05 #13

Morgana returned a look that said "I know right?" and nodded her head. For a place that was meant to develop and train the next generation of Crusaders, you think they would focus on training more. Morgana had only done one training session since she been here. "Morgana," She said back extending her hand to shake, "Resident spell slinger."

"They have me taking latin,"" She said back, "However I think that is to help with my spellcasting. I think there someone high above who is directly watching my curriculum. However they seem never to realize I'm not the smartest panda in the world so I get lost in the sauce sometimes."

The Hopestar looked down at her top and grabbed it to pull it out to look, "Honestly I made it. Its a little out of fashion for this season but I haven't had a chance to teleport to Italy or New York to buy clothes. " Ever since a certain incident with a fire controller, all students with significant power levels and types of powers where heavily watched. Also she shouldn't have told a teacher he was a creepy old man.

25 Mar 2016, 17:56 #14

Morgana the Spell caster. Interesting. That could spell all sorts of power in Mackenzie's eyes. Even more of a reason to friend this girl she supposed. I mean, they did seem to have some in common including a love for fashion. The girl carried herself well too. Mackenzie definitely spotted her as a ally here in these warped school.

"Latin can be quite interesting," she replied vaguely not wishing to really dwell on the subject of school. She was basically forced to be here by her parents, and really she found she didn't want to be friends with a lot of the people here. Sure, she would out of necessity, and she did have a few in mind she'd pursue, but she didn't particularly want to be here when she first came a year ago. Still, her feelings had not changed much minus the fact she now had her horse to take care of. Tsarina was really the only thing keeping her here and not going home against her parents' wishes.

She admired the shirt a bit. The girl had talent. With Mackenzie's fashion sense, and Morgana's talent, they could really start their own business if they wanted. Mackenzie was starting to think that wasn't such a bad idea either. "Well, it's cute especially for being homemade. I should show you some of my design sketches sometime." Might be fun to collaborate on something "So, what brought you to a school like this," she asked not really caring. More just making conversation.

26 Mar 2016, 16:02 #15

Morgana perked an eyebrow as she noticed the girl was studying her. " What??? Do I got something on my face? I teleported in some pizza from New York and I'm gonna be one mad panda if I have something in my teeth or on my face..." The young mage went instantly to check her face in her cellphone.

She blushed and mouthed thanks on the compliment of her shirt. However when she asked what brought her here, Morgana smiled and with a snap of her fingers, magically summoned a rose from the outside garden, "Well I'm magic."

"One day I honestly just started doing weird stuff. Summoning objects by thinking of them, reading minds, teleporting to destinations I see in magazines. Then a book came to me. Told me I was related to some guy named Merlin. Gave me my spell book and this pendenant," Morgana said pointing to her neckline.

She pointed back to Mac, "So whats your story?"