A New Team Leader & A New Chapter Begins

A New Team Leader & A New Chapter Begins

Caesar Drake
Hotel

07 Sep 2017, 04:54 #1

Both Bravo Europe and Bravo Los Angeles had gathered together both to catch up and have a quiet celebration regarding the elevation of Hannibal to the Team Leader position of Europe. A small quiet restaurant was chosen with excellent food and drinks. However, things did not go as planned as Derrick Algaire showed up, knocking out the team and kidnapping Aura, Bravo Los Angeles' Team Leader. Now, the team has returned back to base to go over their options.

As they all drove back to the base, few questions came up as most of the information was slowly being disseminated by Shannon over the comms. Magen, Griffin and Spartan/Sergeant had remained quiet entirely while Moonlight posited that he had help or there was someplace to locate the drugs used on the teams. Seraph had flown on ahead, managing to secure two Bogarts in the process at the base and finding another down in the War Room as if it was waiting for them to return.

Once all had returned and gathered in the War Room, the Bogart was removed by Seraph to another location in the Base along with the other two she had found. Audra waited for everyone to settle for a few seconds. "Before we start, there is a reinforcement coming here for the team in LA and she should be here anytime now named Siren." Almost as if on cue, Gateway opened a portal and the new arrival stepped through.

"Welcome to the Crusaders, Siren. We are just starting a briefing. ... As Spartan had just pointed out, some of the big guns of the Crusaders, mostly Omega squad went into the mystical place known as Avalon and did some serious cleanup work. This included taking out the evil Queen of the realm and laying waste to most of her big time minions. Avalon was left a mess and Omega made the decision to let them engage in clean up on their own, especially since the populace had been under the Queen's boot for some time.

"As Hannibal pointed out, Derrick Algaire was in the custody of the Crusaders who transferred him to a particular prison that will remain nameless. From what I understand, while Algaire had no way out, the trolls could still get in and he managed to contact one or they traced him to the prison. Thankfully and luckily, they are the only ones who escaped."
She dropped a folder with a picture and few pages of notes on the table.

"This is the official file of what we got on Algaire. In short, the Queen of Avalon gave him abilities to track down his quarry, whoever that may be. He has Bogarts as information sources as they can repeat everything they hear verbatim, Trolls for muscle, and Hounds to help him in the actual hunt. The latter can look like anyone walking down the street. Now then, the Trolls as Seraph and Spartan can tell you, do not like bright light, can step through shadows to other locations they know of like in the restaurant and they can regenerate. Seraph is someone the Trolls really do not like because just about everything she does with her abilities hurts them more than anyone else except perhaps Michael on Omega squad. ... Hypothetically, with no Queen to give him targets, Derrick Algaire is working for himself or the highest bidder. ... Any questions?" Audra popped a beer open and took a healthy swig.

"In game terms, reality is broken." - Patrick Kapera, Crafty Games, creator of Spycraft, FantasyCraft and the MasterCraft game system

War is changing. Killing, however, is constant.

Christopher Blake
Experienced

11 Sep 2017, 04:32 #2

Trolls. It's always trolls. Every two-bit summoner in the world keeps at least a couple on retainer. Probably 'cause they're tough old boys. Strong, thick skin, sometimes they regenerate or do some other tricks. Most of 'em don't like fire... and they stink. By gods, they stink! Like burnt dog hair mixed with toasted pig shit...

Chris Blake, Ph D., former psychiatric wunderkind, part-time adventurer, and currently out-of-work paranormal investigator, leaned closer toward the taxi's driver.

You ever smell burnt dog hair? The way it chokes you out and sticks in your nostrils? Usually enough to make ya blow chunks... 'Course now and then the flesh starts to cook and ya catch a whiff. Weirdest thing, smellin' that nasty stench, chokin' on that thick black smoke, and then your belly starts a rumblin'.

The driver, smiling politely, nodded and turned up the music to drown out the sound of their passenger's voice. Chris laughed to himself, thinking that he'd probably do the same thing. Then again, he wouldn't get to tell his favorite part about hunting werewolves: collecting teeth.

Kept a special pair of pliers in the houdou kit and everything.

Chris stared out the window, anxious but thankful to be back in Zurich. He'd fallen in love with the city since his first stint with Bravo Europe a few years ago. His mind flashed back to Bonn, and that tooth rattling thunderclap, the connections he'd made and the friendhips he believed at the time would last forever. He felt like a kid back then, all the trials and tribulations of the past seeming to finally culminate in this bright new future; a future where the world knew Christopher Blake as a mighty hero.

Chris smirked, this time laughing at himself.

"Oh yeah! The Almighty Rune! Big time hero! 'Cept how the hell ya gonna save the world when ya can't even save yourself?"

Chris sighed and laid his head back. So much had changed since then. He'd lost almost everything he'd ever had, all over again. His best friends dead, or just gone. His ex-wife, Cassandra, gone for good, resting in pieces thanks to the handiwork of the so-called Mistletoe Killer. Chris tracked the bastard for a year and a half. Crossed paths with a lycanthropic chapter of the Warriors of the Aryan Nation, or WOTAN as blasphemy is always in vogue. Nobody ever could give him a name, but he'd learned one thing: no werewolf is as fun to kill as a nazi werewolf.

The taxi pulled up to the gates on the perimeter of the estate and Chris handed the driver a wad of marks. He didnt know or care if he'd paid an appropriate amount, and the driver didn't seem too concerned as they sped off as soon as Chris and his belongings exited the car. He only had the two bags and the clothes he wore as he approached the security console and scanned his Crusader badge. Chris eyed the flaked, fraying edges, faded text, and a boy's face he no longer recognized, scratched his shaggy gray beard and wondered how long it'd take Audra to make a replacement.

Chris's idea to use the Zurich compound as a flophouse rose from a combination of fear and desperation, as he'd hit a dead end tracking Mistletoe and these days not even the birds bothered squawking anymore. Chris assumed he'd lost Odin's favor to a more suitable champion; the Allfather's reputation for fickle favor remained well known among those in his acquaintance.

Chris walked along the path toward the front entrance, stretching his muscles and meandering a bit. His handlers at Hotel caught him up on some of the latest happenings when he checked in a couple of days earlier. Scandinavian cuisine never set well with him, and crashing out in a mansion estate in Zurich seemed like a no-brainer in comparison to the chain of hostels he'd come to call home.

Stepping through the doors, Chris paused a moment to take in some of the photos on display in the foyer. He forced himself to move along, figuring on no shortage of time to dwell on ghosts later on. For now, he made his way past kitchen flirtations, awkward latenight hallway encounters, and post-workout beers and brofists, and eventually found his way where the real center of activity in the house lie.

Wearing a flannel shirt, beat up blue jeans, a black leather glove over his right hand, and tracking cemetery mud on his boots, Rune stepped into the War Room just in tme to see Audra lifting a bottle as if to accentuate a final point.

"Any questions?" Audra asked before popping the cap off and taking what seemed to be a hard-earned pull. Audra had always been one of the more realistic among support staff, and knew just what to do in times of crisis.

Yeah, actually. Ya got one for me?

Codename: Rune
(Arcane Mystic/Martial Artist)
Bravo Europe
Profile + Stats + Goals

Celestia Johnson
Experienced

11 Sep 2017, 08:23 #3

Finding a total of three of those bogarts, Seraph was successful in encasing them in a personal sphere of light. She then moved them away from any sensitive rooms, keeping them separate for now until they were properly dealt with. Perhaps there was a way to get them to divulge what they knew of the attack at the restaurant, but it would probably take a certain skill that she lacked...even though these things didn't like her light at all. It was then she heard the information regarding Derrick, probably being hired by the highest bidder for his services. Her mind went into overdrive then, piecing together what she knew now to other events, like with what happened to her and Aquaria back in the U.S. some time ago.

It was then after Audra had finished and another person had spoken up, to where Seraph greeted the newcomer with a nod before going on with her theory. "You said that Derrick is a Hunter, a tracker of sorts. He was able to somehow find us all, and for some reason could have taken all of us out while we were drugged...yet he let us all live, taking Aura. Recalling a similar incident that happened to Aquaria and I back in the States, I would conclude that Galapagos has resurfaced, having hired Derrick to track down additional genetic samples for her collection. Yet whereas Aquaria's situation was more family/powered human hatred based, there could be a possible secondary reason behind her abduction." She glanced around the room and added, "Just a theory really, but maybe we can get some information from our unwanted guests; I found three of them."

Sofia Nikecrates
Experienced

12 Sep 2017, 19:32 #4

While riding in the vehicle with the other members, Sofia felt antsy. She felt like she could have gone on ahead and fracked down a lead or two, or st least figure out where those things took their comrade. Hearing talk about the trolls and their weak points made her smile though; if they hated Fire, then she could really 'light' up their lives. Still, the Greek blonde kept her peace as things were quiet, not wanting to divulge any other information until the coast was clear and they could speak freely once more.

Audra gave them all the rundown of what happened with Derrick and this 'faerie queen', and how he could very well be working for the highest payer right now. She still held one of the darts that was used on their non-drinking counterparts, certain that something could be found, whether it be a fingerprint, or where the chemical came from. A couple of new arrivals came then, one of them a guy who described what trolls smelled like. "Good thing I will be taking them out from a distance then, so I do not have to deal with the stench." She shot back with a smirk. "We still need to find them first. We have their little spies sure, but this Derrick guy may wonder what happened to them if they do not report back..."

12 Sep 2017, 22:07 #5

Mercenary. Zahava bitterly thought to herself. There were few more unpredictable than those. Zealots had a cause. You could predict their movement. Nations protected their own self-interests. But a Mercenary? They only cared about one thing. Money. One day they'd work for someone, the next they'd be on the opposite side. Zahava had learned long ago that trying to learn the motives of any such person was useless.

Which lead to the biggest question. "Why Aura?" Zahava asked. "In terms of the group of us she isn't the most powerful or the most senior. She leads us out in L.A., and she's good at it, but that's only one small reason. And if trying to take out L.A. was the reason, then they could have taken us all right then and there. Which suggests that there is a personal vendetta against Aura. Unfortunately I don't know enough right now to guess the who. And it might not even be a personal vendetta. There could be a million reasons why they kidnapped Aura. But we can't be sure. Unless if we can prove a link between her and either Algaire or someone with enough resources to pay Algaire." Zahava spat the words out quickly, trying to pull all the connections together. Her mind raced a million miles, thinking about why? The most fundamental question in the human language.

"Too many unknowns." Zahava whispered quietly. "We don't even know if she's still alive." The lack of answers were killing her. Especially that last one. If she lost Aura.... if the team lost Aura, she didn't know what she would do with herself. Probably explode or something in an unhealthy amount of anger and rage.

Caesar Drake
Hotel

13 Sep 2017, 05:10 #6

Audra ended her speech with a question that she used often. She did not expect to hear the voice she did though. "Rune! Was not sure you were still about? Last I heard you had been on Reserve status handling something." Fishing another beer out of her refrigerator at her desk, Audra tossed it in his general direction. "We've had the Team Leader kidnapped by Algaire and one of his trolls. The team can use you right now but you may want to grab a shower first." There was a beeping sound at her desk and examined it quickly. "Does anyone know a Stone? Used to be part of Bravo Los Angeles? Looks like he'll be here shortly too."

Audra opened herself another beer and took a swig as she listened to the other opinions being given. "Why Aura may have been grabbed is certainly something to be discussed and investigated as Magen pointed out. I have seen Moonlight's bow in action, I have a feeling it will certainly be advantageous. With Rune and Seraph here as well, that gives this group some serious magical backup for the task ahead." Audra took a long swig of her beer almost as if thinking while drinking.

"Now, if what Seraph is suggesting is true with Galapagos being involved, then HQ may want both Omega and Alpha teams involved on this since she sits atop our own Most Wanted List. She is incredibly dangerous. Back in the early nineties, she kidnapped a superpowered criminal and dimensional jumped escaping through a self-created gateway just after causing a three story building to implode on top of Michael and Ronin. There is no telling how powerful she is now."

Audra was about to continue when the elevator down to the War Room opened and out stepped Shannon Scott. "Hope I'm not too late. Looks like some new arrivals or returning people to the battlefield. ... So went through the restaurant with a fine toothed comb or as much as I could. Bad news is Algaire is definitely involved and I found a Bogart at the restaurant which means it hitched a ride there. A fact that touching gave me. The point of view of it hanging on underneath the wheel well should be a rollercoaster or something. Further bad news is Algaire is definitely working with a woman. But there is good news from the little thing and Aura is wanted because her powers are wanted by someone which could be this woman. This could mean they just want some of her DNA to think your worst thoughts if need be. I need to report in to HQ but I thought I would give you my brief so Hannibal, since he is the active team leader, can decide what he wants to do." Shannon grabbed a comm device and started walking down the hall away from the group.

"In game terms, reality is broken." - Patrick Kapera, Crafty Games, creator of Spycraft, FantasyCraft and the MasterCraft game system

Christopher Blake
Experienced

14 Sep 2017, 05:28 #7

"Yeah, well, I've been around..."

"Wish I could say it'd been fun."

Chris's left hand shot up to catch the bottle Audra tossed his way. He inspected the bottle's color and label before propping the cap along the nearest table top edge. With a measured amount of force from the heel of his palm, the cap popped off and Chris rose the bottle toward Audra and took a deeply satisfying drink. He smiled slyly in response to Audra's comment.

"A shower sounds nice."

Chris left his comment to hang in the air as Audra went on to discuss mission status. The teams had lost Aura, LA's current lead, so Chris figured the joint mission was already off to a really solid start and he was tickled pink to be invited along.

"Bullshit."

Audra and the assembled Crusaders talked possibile motivations. Moonlight made a point of smirking at Rune and bragging about taking "them" down from a distance, leaving him to wonder if she'd developed a telepathic technique and knew he was still thinking about troll sweat. Maybe he was still tripping from that vision quest in Arkangelus.

Rune didn't know what to make of anything he was hearing. Dimension-hoppin turtles lay pretty far from his comfort zone. Why couldn't it just be a chupacabra or zombie samurai? Chris was about to finish his drink and debated requesting another when Shannon Scott appeared acting all Shannon Scott-like. All this Bogart talk made Chris hungry, but Shannon mentioned something about a wheel well that got Chris thinking.

"Rollercoasters? So Conny Land? ParaPark? What if it's a train? Y'all want me to jog on down to the Hauptbahnhof before I settle in?"

Bravo Europe
Profile + Stats + Goals

14 Sep 2017, 15:55 #8

Masamune was silent during the journey back to the base, playing various scenarios through in his head, trying to piece together the events of the evening. What, where and when were all straight forward enough and how was rapidly becoming apparent. The big question that still bothered him was why. Why target Aura specifically? Why not take more of them or finish them off? It seemed to Masamune that this Derrick must have been under orders to capture Aura specifically. It must also be the case that he felt the fallout if they did rescue her would not affect him too greatly and that he was confident they would not find him first. If that didn't say mercenary Masamune didn't know what did. A theory that was confirmed in his mind as he took in the information that was given back at the base. Target chose Aura for her powers. Makes sense, especially if Galapagos is involved.

Continuing his silent assessment the shinobi nodded as they were fed the Intel that Shannon had gathered from the restaurant. "I imagine that this location will be relatively nearby. Are there any theme parks or train yards nearby that have been recently shut down?" He asked simply, glancing at the team in the room. Though he didn't allow it to reach his face inwardly he smiled a little. He was certain that between them and the Alpha/Omega members that would be aiding them they could take on anything, even this Dr Galapagos and come out on top.
服部 半蔵 正宗

Credit to Javen!

Sofia Nikecrates
Experienced

15 Sep 2017, 16:01 #9

"A wheel well could also be a parking lot of some sort as well, deserted and full of abandoned vehicles." Sofia reasoned, throwing another possible location into the mix. "Which was why I was suggesting we start with tracking whatever was in this." She held up one of the darts she picked up, making sure not to prick herself with the pointy end. "If we know of the chemical, or how it can be produced, or even where said darts were purchased and by whom, we have have a lead to go off of." It made sense to the archer anyways. If only the Goddess was able to give her some sort of tracking sense...or better yet, if they had one of those 'hounds'...then perhaps another way could be found to locate their comrade quickly. It was a thought anyways.

Brian Stone
Trainee

16 Sep 2017, 01:28 #10

As soon as Audra was finished speaking and almost on que, a message came over the comms. "Crusader Europe, This is Stone. Asking permission to enter air space and land at base." spoke a confident and commanding voice.

It seemed calm, however there was a hint of anger.

Once Stone received permission, he landed on the helipad and came inside. On the video feed of the helipad, it was almost flashed out by the bright white light. It maintained for several seconds and revealed an average sided male with dark hair and a fit build. However, his Crusader uniform had all the lines and colors other then black glowing in a radiant light. Finally the Crusader Emblem signed out like a batsignal.

Minutes later, Stone entered the war room. The former Air Force Lt. Colonel gave a nod to his fellow LA team mates then turned to address the Europe team. "Who was in operational control when the incident happened?" He demanded, "Obviously there was a lap in judgement in security protocols."

At that point, Michael turned to face and cocked his head, "Who are you talking to like that? It was sure as hell wasn't me."

Stone turned to face the Sergeant as the latter started to take a couple steps forward. Stone cocked an eyebrow and sighed. Ignoring the soldier that came to address him, Stone spoke to the group again, "I can use my gauntlet to track certain signatures. Where I would start to look besides that would be any underground supernatural spots that would help hide the trolls. From there, myself and LA will move in to retrieve Aura."

Michael was flabbergasted, "You got some stones on you Fly Boy. Europe will take lead on this due to experience with this kind of enemy before. I agree with Celestia. Lets drag this little boggart to a dark corner and make it reveal what we need."

At that point, the soldier moved to leave the room to where the boggart was being held.

Celestia Johnson
Experienced

16 Sep 2017, 03:23 #11

It seemed like everyone had something to say: from the blonde archer who wanted to put in another possible idea for where Aura could be held, to the newcomer suggesting possible deserted theme parks, to yet a new arrival showing up and immediately started asking what had happened with the security and getting into a bit of an argument with Michael. Seraph shook her head and tried to get in-between both men, hoping to calm the situation before things got bad. "For starters, we all were out. The blame does not fall on anyone here. Bogarts could get into anything at any time, as Shannon pointed out." She addressed the newcomer. To Michael, the half-angelic woman shook her head again and said sternly, "No. You are not torturing the bogarts; I already have them surrounded by the thing they hate most, and away from the conversation. So if anyone is going to question them, then it should be me. I'm pretty sure they can understand me, so I can get our questions answered. And then, when I release them, they may very well turn tail and run back to their contract holder, so we can follow them then."

To everyone else, the brunette looked around, as if asking approval of her idea before once again turning to the two men, specifically the new guy. "We need answers, not a quarrel on our hands. You may not know, but these things don't respond well to any sort of light. The Europe team was celebrating a victory over solving a difficult case, and the Los Angeles team happened to be in town. So we had decided on a whim to trade stories and have dinner. There is nothing wrong with that. Audra had made the choice on a whim, but had the place secured, but the bogarts and trolls that work for this Derrick can easily blend into the crowd. And if you are speaking of these supernatural hotspots, that may as well be any spot in Europe itself; it is a haven of activity from various religions, so you would have better luck finding a needle in a rather large haystack."

michael Armand
Experienced

16 Sep 2017, 04:14 #12

"What are you gonna do? Bake it cookies then go join a march down Main Street for Boggart rights?" Michael returned immediately after Celestia got between the two former military men, "The only thing you said that made sense is that we are wasting time. So go ahead and question the damn thing and get nothing from it cause you don't have the confidence to approve of your own suggestion to help. You'd get eaten alive in a real interrogation."

With that Michael turned and left the room, moving to the locker room to grab his helmet. Returning, he took it into two hands and placed it on his head. "Audra, send me a list of known areas that would be large enough to house a group of trolls and keep them out of sight. Also, why not look for banking accounts that match Algaire's previous mundane money patterns. When I was Delta, we had to track an terrorist cell that burned all forms of tracking when they got word of us. Finally, we were able to catch them because they started moving money around and used the same bankers, transfered the same amount of money but under new accounts."

Looking to Rune then Masa, The Sergeant pointed at the two of them, "You coming?"

Stone shook his head and looked to Celestia, "I have a similar power base as you. If I got flying around the city they will run deeper into the shadows. I'll stay here to help you or to help command and control till they need me."

Profile ~ Stats Sheet[/align]

Christopher Blake
Experienced

16 Sep 2017, 06:01 #13

As far back as his childhood, Chris enjoyed watching bucks vie for dominance. He didn't need his Northwestern education to tell him anything deeper or more intuitive about the siruation. Rune remembered Spartan from the training center, and although Armand sometimes carried himself with all the tact and grace of a loud fart in a quiet church, if Chris were going to follow anybody's lead it would be the Sergeant.

Chris preemptively activated his bestowment of lightning speed. With no one seeming to think much of his suggestion (he was only a doctor, after all), Chris decided to take Audra up on hers. Leaving a rainbow trail of light behind him as he ran, Chris showered, brushed his teeth, groomed his hair and veard, and changed into a back up uniform left in his standing wardrobe in the converted store room he'd claimed as his bedroom before. Rune reached into the smaller of his two bags - more pf a satchel, really - and pulled out a lengthy double-headed battle axe that couldn't possibly have fit in such a small container. Chris looked down at the fingerless blue and green glove on his right hand and hoped no one would notice the pale, withering skin and gray, brittle nails. The mistletoe's cut burned from the middle of his forearm, down across his wrist, and deep into the palm of his hand. Chris' s hand cramped violently, and he could almost smell the sour milk scent of that hungry bastard's breath...

Rune resumed his place near Hanzo in the War Room as Spartan secured a new helmet. Chris wondered how anybody won a fight in one of those things before Mike gestured toward himself and Masa. Figuring it beat talking to Bogarts, Chris nodded in the affirmative. He just hoped Armand led missions better than he managed games nights at the CTC.

Bravo Europe
Profile + Stats + Goals

16 Sep 2017, 16:22 #14

Zahava wanted to smack some sense into Michael and Stone. It probably wouldn't work, seeing as it seemed like their skulls were thicker than, pardon the pun, Stone. Luckily Seraph, (that was her name right?), stepped in and told the two off. Stone seemed to be moderately placated, but that might only be because Michael had stormed off.

She slapped her hand to her forehead. She really, really, really, was contemplating fantasizing about murdering a whole bunch of people. Specifically starting off with Michael and Brian. But because that wasn't productive, she put the idea into the back of her head to dream about later. Right now Aura was in trouble. So she decided to speak up.

"Okay. I'm siding with Seraph. The interrogation might be useless, I don't know anything about supernatural forces so I'm going to stay out of that argument. However I am in favor of tracking the beastie back to it's lair. Now dependent on how intelligent that thing is, it might try to run to a few different area's to throw us off it's track. Once again, I don't know much about these things. We have some leads, but right now they are tenuous at best. For all I know, once we unleash this thing, Algaire will have it kill itself or something. Once again I can only speculate." Pausing for a moment, Zahava thought about the issue a little bit more. A memory struck her, something that had happened a while back.

"While Michael might have been nicer about some of his wording, he's right about the tracking. In Shin Bet, we did a joint mission with Mossad. Cell Nisht we called them. Because there was nothing to track them with. No matter how many members of this cell we caught, they never turned in the others. Once one of them finally gave up the base, but by the time we got there they had burned the building to the ground. We were actually glad that we found that, because at least it was proof they existed. No matter how long we observed a suspected member, they would eventually escape our notice. But we eventually caught them. Pure luck too. We caught one of them tending to a dog. And the dog followed him and disappeared. We found him again tending a dog. And a third time. The fourth time we discreetly put a tracker on an injured dog and waited. When the dog stopped for a long period of time, we found out that their latest base was next to a vet's place. Finally took them down. Point is that even the most minor detail could help us track Algaire. It was a combination of both Michael's plan and Seraph's plan that caught them. While we don't have the same amount of time, we could certainly apply some of those same principles to rescuing Aura. Zahava explained.

While it wasn't necessarily the whole truth, there had been a lot more violence and instead of dogs it had been Israeli soldiers who were being killed, the same things applied. She just hoped that this time they would be able to do so without sacrificing anyone. Zahava turned away from the group to wipe her face. She could feel herself trying to hold herself together. It was going to be another long night. And she wasn't crying, she told herself with internal snark, she merely had something in her eyes called a tear. How much more of this could she take? Living memories of horrible events to learn some messed up lesson. She should probably see a counselor or something. Then again, PTSD was common amongst people like her.

Had she mentioned it was going to be another long night?

Caesar Drake
Hotel

18 Sep 2017, 04:21 #15

Audra slammed her hand down on the desk as she stood. "If you two want to start dick measuring then just drop your pants and get it over with. As for finding Aura and dealing with Algaire, some points were raised that need to be addressed. So far Seraph is the only one in this room who has taken on Algaire or his minions with any regularity. While Spartan or Sergeant, whichever you are going by, and Rune have taken them on to. ... You want to start hunting in areas they might be in Europe then why not just start with the Black Forest in Germany or check under any bridge in any city in Europe because there might be a troll there."

Audra stood silent for a second. "While I can certainly try to come up with a list of possible locations, I will need some help for whatever is in that dart that Moonlight has in her hand. It could be some rare enough concoction or perhaps a component is rare enough to be located. I'd also try to interrogate the Bogarts. As for Algaire's payment, we can try looking through banks that will allow us to see if he has an account somewhere."

Shannon reentered the room about this time. "Bank accounts? For Algaire? Don't waste your time on that, Audra. A few years ago when Divina was shot, Exabyte did a scan across Europe then Asia and the Americas without finding anything. It was hypothesized that he was paid in gold. Kumba as much as confirmed it when they went to Avalon and found Algaire's castle." She stopped for a moment and looked at everyone before continuing.

"Alright, this part I am about to tell you stays off the record. Some of you may remember Victor Dawson, the extradimensional thief, that Valkyrie chased through to his home dimension with Gateway's assistance. They stumbled across him raiding Algaire's 'treasure room' in his castle when they were assaulting Avalon. Estimated loss was probably in the neighborhood of twenty tons of gold bars. Dawson has them somewhere which means Algaire is more or less poor unless he is being paid in installments but probably at the job's completion."

Audra had been typing as Shannon spoke but now stood to speak again. "According to the hypotheticals based on reports from the Avalon assault, these Trolls are limited by in their shadowstepping to an approximate one hundred mile radius. So if Stone wants to start checking any areas from the sky that are in that radius and sealed from exterior light, it is a possibility. It is a lot of ground to cover. As Hannibal has yet to voice some commands perhaps people should just get to it by breaking into teams and splitting up duties."