We were told by the Captain that a pilot came on board 3 am, 3 pm and 3 am on the 2 nd day, when I saw us passing a buoy, so certainly an attempt was made.
Unfortunately, I found out that Azamara Journey was allowed in on that 2 nd day.
We were told that we were too big for the channel, due to the wind speed, which was apparently 53 knots. There were a few white horses on the sea, but we didn’t feel any Rock’ n Roll. Someone found a picture of that channel on Google.
There was far more movement when we passed the tip of the Jutland peninsular, in fact the production show was postponed until the following night.