Wachowskis and Trans Super Intelligence

Where we discuss art, games, fiction, music, fashion, media and other forms of creativity.

Wachowskis and Trans Super Intelligence

May 16th, 2018, 6:24 am #1

Has anyone else noticed a link between their cross-dreaming and the way they contemplate the universe? I think the Wachowskis's experience this type of thinking, and their productions tend to be among my favorite, especially Cloud Atlas.

Some aboriginal cultures have also celebrated two-spirited people as priest types.

In the book Transgender Complete, Joanne Border points to a study that trans people are 30 IQ points higher on average, with a disproportionate amount having 140+ genius level IQ's. Not that IQ points are everything, but it is strange to see a population so high in the aggregate.  She also says it tends to be the general case out of large number of patients she has seen.

And is it possible Einstein was a cross-dreamer? His head certainly was in a completely different world, he loved his fuzzy slippers, and there were those photos of him rocking women's sandals.

Edited comment to add photos. It would be so cool if the movement could appropriate the image of Einstein. Maybe in 20 years when no one gives a crap, and it will be more of an honour to be gender non conforming:
Sandals.jpg

FuzzySlippers.jpg
Last edited by Jennifer_New on May 19th, 2018, 4:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

May 16th, 2018, 8:28 am #2

I do not think that crossdreamers are that exceptional -- for me, it looks like some kind of selection bias. We can see many very intelligent crossdreamers online, but they are 1) able and willing to spend lots of time on the internet and 2) they are most probably on the good terms with themselves. We have very little chance to see the people, who thinks that their desire to be a woman is something alien and repulsive.

We can see the same bias here, at CDL about MBTI personality types. Lots of us here have INFP or INFJ personality types. It doesn't mean that crossdreaming would make you an INFP, it's just that INFPs have a natural predisposition to accept themselves, while, let's say, ESTJ crossdreamers are more likely to think that they are just men with a kink, because their personalities are seen as very masculine in our culture.

Maybe it's how our different gifts plays together, and how crossdreaming influences the development, which makes many of us to develop our gifts well. Most (but not all) crossdreamers doesn't like rough boyish games at childhood, they prefer something more calm, more aligned with their personality, like books or even dolls, so it contributes to developing higher intelligence, or something else, like sense of beauty.

The dissonance between the body and spirit manifests not only as gender dysphoria; it's also a pull towards introspection: what does it mean? How to live with this dissonance? What does it mean -- to be a woman? There is a subjective reality -- where you can be a woman, despite the fact that in objective reality the story is different. And this is what naturally pulls many of us towards some form of spirituality, even if sometimes we do no use exactly this word.

Being trans is truely a gift, a gift of being different, walking our own unique way. But it comes with a high price...

oreb
oreb

May 16th, 2018, 2:41 pm #3

Wowowow... let's try not to go full Magneto here.

May 16th, 2018, 3:18 pm #4

Or since this is CDL should that be Magneta?

God, I LOVE rule 63!!!

May 16th, 2018, 4:57 pm #5

Jennifer_New wrote: . . . cross-dreaming and the way they contemplate the universe?
LOL Did ya know the primal element HYDROGEN . . .
. . . shares many properties similar to our more conventional notions of "God"? 

BTW I'm NOT "Christian" but Catholic too! 
Barbara Haskell wrote:Lots of us here have INFP or INFJ personality types.
Barbara just quickly took that test and . . . voila' says am (INFJ-A) too ! ?
"But it's no use now," thought poor Alice, "to pretend be two people!
"Why, there's hardly enough of me left to make one respectable person!"

May 16th, 2018, 7:56 pm #6

I do think my cross dreaming and my ideas for fiction/desire to be a writer come from the same place, which is one reason why I hope I never lose crossdreaming because I never want to lose my desire to create fiction.

I do think though, that we need to be very careful before saying that cross dreamers or trans gendered people in general are more 'something' than others...  Years before the internet, when I could only get information about trans feelings and issues from books, I read in one book that 'all trans people are more outgoing and extrovert'  - Since I knew I wasn't either of these things , I thought 'OK  so I must be mistaken then, I can't be trans..

Now I believe this is an error, a confusion of cause and effect...  In the early days it was only the extrovert trans people whole had the courage to get themselves out there and know, which isn't to say there were not introverted trans people transitioning, but they did so more in secret and were less visible to be written about.

Now trans people do express themselves more,  with the Internet and all that, but perhaps its the more articulate that can write well,, and being articulate is a sign of intelligence, that get picked up on.

So being articulate'intelligent has joined being extrovert as a 'visibility' factor for trans people in the media and studies

I believe being shy and maybe not having a high IQ is no block to being trans, just that such people are not as visible

May 16th, 2018, 9:34 pm #7

Stop baiting me, people, you know I crossdream of being Magneto on days that end in d-a-y!

I have read speculation about there being some overlap with trans and autism; both are also surrounded in speculation about hormone exposure in utero. Maybe various statistically outlying traits have a similar mechanism of cause?

They stuck me in the gifted program in first grade. I just always thought that was why I was weird, never suspected that most of my weirdness was actually garden variety crossdreaming. ;) I don't think one caused the other.

I'm INTP. I'm all kinds of weird. ;)

May 16th, 2018, 11:39 pm #8

blackcat777 wrote:I have read speculation about there being some overlap with trans and autism; both are also surrounded in speculation about hormone exposure in utero. Maybe various statistically outlying traits have a similar mechanism of cause?
I've seen this mentioned in various places. A naiive explanation would be that maybe lots of people have the potential to turn out trans depending on which inner potentialities get triggered in the course of life, and that the threshold for triggering transness is higher for neurotypical people because their brains are more disposed to respond differently to people like and unlike themselves. I'm just making this up.

(FTR, I'm on the autism spectrum; was diagnosed with asperger's in 1989. And as is probably clear by now, I'm not classically trans but I'm also not as cis as some. I think of womanhood as I think of an exotic holiday location: would love to visit, if the weather's good, but don't want to live there.)
I'm INTP. I'm all kinds of weird. ;)
I'd say I tend more toward J than P depending on the situation. But I don't want to encourage anyone to take Myers-Briggs classifications seriously. As a convenient way to describe yourself in four letters, it's probably harmless, but that's all it is.

(BTW, pretty much the only time in my life I thought someone was flirting with me, it was the way they said "you're weird".)

May 17th, 2018, 6:11 am #9

I went through a period of going mad on Myers-Biggs,  not for myself but for the characters in my fictions. I did the 'quiz' answering for the characters and came up with some interesting results

May 18th, 2018, 7:58 am #10

I would add that being creative and culturally radical seems to be a queer thing, cp. the over-representation of homosexual people in the arts and other creative occupations. 

We will also find this in other marginalized groups, like people with a Jewish background in the entertainment industry, or black people in R&B.

I agree with Barbara that there is a significant selection bias here, but if you find yourself out of alignment with well defined "normalcy" you are probably more likely to seek outside the box for truth and meaning, if you have the abilities needed.