Handwriting

A place to discuss personal experiences with crossdreaming

Handwriting

May 15th, 2018, 9:49 am #1

There is some truth to the idea of feminine and masculine handwriting, although the differences are at best minor statistical trends.

That said, have you ever browsed online font databases just so you can choose one and fantasise that it's the handwriting of your opposite-gender self?

For me, the font that comes closest to my crossdreaming fantasy is Miama, which is actually based on the author's girlfriend's handwriting. Unfortunately it needs some alternative glyphs to make the letters link up properly, and the default leading is ridiculous (yeah, I'm using some tech speak here; I actually work in graphic design), but the overall look and feel I like very much.

With a few adjustments, that could totally be my handwriting. Can you find yours?

(Oh yeah, I had this idea that if I crossdream on the forum, I could use this colour.)

May 15th, 2018, 9:22 pm #2

I always had terrible chicken scratch.

The girls in school always had nice, flowey writing and I could *never* mimic it.

May 15th, 2018, 10:35 pm #3

Wow Miama is such a pretty style.  I wish I could write that good.

But my handwriting is horrible.  I have spent years trying to make it look better and have only had minor improvements.

In my crossdreams, I imagine that my handwriting is closer to Freestyle script

But I suspect that had I been born female my handwriting would still be pretty bad.  Given that women have narrower hands and more slender muscles even in their hands I suspect that her handwriting would be different from mine, but I bet it would still be just as messy.

May 16th, 2018, 9:17 am #4

20180516_091517.jpg

May 16th, 2018, 10:01 am #5

Dawn, Your writing is similar to my own. Are you left handed/

May 17th, 2018, 3:03 am #6

No, I'm right handed