Forced feminization novels from the Victorian era

blackcat777
Dream Walker
blackcat777
Dream Walker

9:50 PM - Apr 04, 2018 #1

I recently finished reading the most AMAZING book that I think many here will appreciate. It's called Gynecocracy, by Viscount Ladywood, and it was published in the year 1893. You can find it on Amazon (Anne Rice gave it a glowing review). It's a "petticoat government" erotic novel. In terms of both explicitness and psychological depth, I'd say it's equal to or greater than Story of O (so you know what you're getting yourself into).

The story is about a feisty young rich boy who gropes one of his maids, and is sent to live with his three female cousins and a governess. He acts out, so the governess forces him to dress in corsets, petticoats, etc., as punishment. There is lots of flagellation. While the book is packed with erotic content, what set this apart in my eyes from  other erotic novels, is that the author used the premise to explore a number of fascinating social situations and the male/female power dynamic. It is shocking and explicit but incredibly brainy... and the author digs heavily into cross-gender fantasies.

The most amazing part, to me, is, people were very clearly having these thoughts more than a century before the internet (which is sometimes ignorantly blamed for cross-gender fantasies). It made me marvel at the timelessness of the human condition.

I have some similar books waiting to be read and I will mention them here if they are enjoyable. :)

Lost247365
Dream Tamer
Lost247365
Dream Tamer

12:22 AM - Apr 05, 2018 #2

Very cool!

Something to check out in future!

I did a series of post on this forum a while back on Crossdreaming in Mythology and found a few stories involving these type of situations going back hundreds of years.  From Arthorian Legends to Hindu mythology to even 1001 Arabian nights.

We crossdreamers have been around since the beginning!

Cheryl Sussex
Dream Walker
Cheryl Sussex
Dream Walker

2:07 AM - Apr 05, 2018 #3

A chap called Peter Farrer has done a variety of in depth studies on the subject and has published many books on this era with regards to crossdressing. 

418749EZFGL._SX305_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Here is a link
https://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=dp_bylin ... evancerank

blackcat777
Dream Walker
blackcat777
Dream Walker

9:09 PM - Apr 05, 2018 #4

Very cool! Thank you for the links!

jackmolay
Dream Tamer
jackmolay
Dream Tamer

11:11 AM - Apr 08, 2018 #5

Thank you for sharing this one Black Cat. I will definitely take a look at this one.

For further proof of 19th century crossdreaming, take a look at Magnus Hirschfeld's groundbreaking book from 1910, The Transvestites. He is using the term "transvestite" very much in the same way transgender is used today – as an umbrella term for gender variance. He is very open about the erotic aspect of crossdreaming, and does not try to pathologize or ridicule the people he writes about.

The book contains a large number of transgender life stories, most of them about MTF crossdressers and trans women.

Katya
Dream Walker
Katya
Dream Walker

11:22 AM - Apr 08, 2018 #6

For further proof of 19th century crossdreaming, take a look at Magnus Hirschfeld's groundbreaking book from 1910, The Transvestites
Also Magnus Hirschfeld gave permission for transition to Lili Elbe (danish girl) whom Blanchard would classify as autogynephile. 
WE DO NOT EVEN IN THE LEAST KNOW THE FINAL CAUSE OF SEXUALITY. THE WHOLE SUBJECT IS HIDDEN IN DARKNESS

blackcat777
Dream Walker
blackcat777
Dream Walker

9:44 PM - Apr 08, 2018 #7

I am familiar with Magnus Hirschfeld :)

Another thing I found interesting about this particular book was that when the main character is dressed, rather than revolting against it, he goes with the flow and legit imagines he's a woman, up through the point of contemplating if he can get pregnant, and feels terribly sad that he doesn't have a womb.

I found it extremely validating to read someone else writing about that over 100 years ago. >.>