Fight Club

May 12th, 2018, 11:19 pm #1

You know that moment when you realized you were actually Tyler Durden? 😂

Oh, man. I was always obsessed with this movie.

May 13th, 2018, 12:07 am #2

The guy in the movie had some mental health issues which was not controlled, he needed  a mental health care. Otherwise it is very hilarious movie. :)
WE DO NOT EVEN IN THE LEAST KNOW THE FINAL CAUSE OF SEXUALITY. THE WHOLE SUBJECT IS HIDDEN IN DARKNESS

May 13th, 2018, 8:48 am #3

When I was a teen I was a fan of this film, also I was a fan of "craziness ", It was fashionable during my teenage years :)

WE DO NOT EVEN IN THE LEAST KNOW THE FINAL CAUSE OF SEXUALITY. THE WHOLE SUBJECT IS HIDDEN IN DARKNESS

May 13th, 2018, 3:22 pm #4

Sooo funny you posted that video!

Plot twist: my childhood best friend (who later realized he identified somewhere on the MtF spectrum) and I used to sing this song all the time. Except he would sing Amy Lee's lines and I would sing the guy's lines.

Sometimes we still do if we want to fondly reminisce about our teenage angst. >.>

May 15th, 2018, 6:35 am #5

Fight Club is a great movie with unexpected plot twists, but as crossdream material, to me it's naturally nothing but high grade anti-fuel.

Which probably makes it totally appropriate for it to have such a significance if you're FtM. 🙂

-

On a personal level: The kind of masculinity portrayed in Fight Club was never my cup of tea. To be honest, from the first time I saw it, it only made me think of the (homoerotic?) kind of guy who tries to be 'oh so macho' but seems to lack a center of gravity within him, spending his entire life desperately looking for a 'father figure' he never had.

Well, I can tell you this, if you ever grew up with a 'real dad', you'd never want him back!

You can recognize the homoerotic macho guy by his skinhead hair stub, love of male-on-male violence, condescending attitude towards femininity (not women, femininity! - He can respect women to the extent they are exactly like tough-minded, physically hard working men!) and the long-winding garlands of tattoos covering his body.

(Clarification: I love big manly men, but only if they are totally NICE GUYS inside, obsessed with sex, cuddly and preferably chubby!)
"We live only to discover beauty. All else is a form of waiting."

- Khalil Gibran

If I cannot be a feminine traditional woman, what's the point of being a woman?

- Me

May 15th, 2018, 7:22 pm #6

It's not so much that I indulge crossdreams of being Tyler Durden - he's not *quite* my type. ;) I prefer bishounen...

But it's a poignant metaphor, because all my crossdreaming has led me to discovering something of a Tyler Durden inside myself (not in terms of personality, but in terms of concept). Me realizing I am trans was totally like that moment of revelation in Fight Club... like I was the last person to realize this alter ego that completely hijacked my life.

As for being a fan of homoerotic violence, WELL, I make a point of walking past the jiu jitsu studio on my way to work every day. ;) I used to work in a sports bar that had MMA on TV during the afternoons, and I always told everyone I loved MMA because I could imagine I was the guy who was losing. I didn't realize that was crossdreaming, though, I just thought I was being hilarious and implying that I loved strong men.

May 16th, 2018, 4:29 am #7

Amy Lee comes up as a 'role model' for MtF crossdreamers far too often for this to be a co-incidence.. Including with me I wonder what it is this woman has to makje that so

I knew a MtF transitioner once who had Fight Club as her favourite film, but I've never seen it