"Do you dance like a girl?"

A place to discuss personal experiences with crossdreaming

June 23rd, 2018, 9:26 pm #81

June 24th, 2018, 8:27 am #82

I love the photos!

Coming back to the headline. I do not dance like a girl (I believe), but I do throw ball as one. Does that count? ;)

June 24th, 2018, 3:29 pm #83

Jack, you would have hated being raised in 1960s America as I was. Every red blooded boy was expected to enthusiastically play baseball. As soon as spring arrived, impromptu games broke out all over the neighborhood. Then there were the dreaded little leagues where a less competitive boy could embarrass himself in front of a crowd of kids and parents. This was all like a slow tortuous death to me, because I knew I wasn’t very good at any of it. I was tall and grew quickly, which made me rather clumsy. But I also lacked the competitive male energy that other boys seem to have. I threw alright, but I was dreadfully afraid of getting hit by the ball so fielding and hitting were exercises in terror. The other boys could see all of this and that became the basis of some bullying. I avoided all of that as much as possible. I never once participated in little league, and that became by itself a subject of discussion among my male peers. My best way out was to become a bit of a child intellectual who had better things to do than playing stupid kids games. I view this persona now as a tactic for survival and not necessarily my authentic self. As I grew into my adolescent years, I saw how limiting that persona could be in terms of accomplishing my personal goals, so I modified it to incorporate more alpha male characteristics. I even became involved with some competitive sports for which I had a little better aptitude. That approach actually stayed with me in various forms well into my 40s.   

July 11th, 2018, 1:26 pm #84

The subject of what qualifies as dancing like a girl actually came up in a bar discussion recently when we were watching some young drunk girls out on he dance floor. This discussion involved 3 gay men and myself, so some bias must be taken into consideration here. The general consensus of my 3 gay friends was that most of society equates dancing like a girl to dancing in an overtly sexualized way, which usually translates to dancing like a stripper. I actually don't consider this type of dancing to be all that feminine. For that matter, I don't even consider it to be all that sexy (but that might be me looking at this through glasses tinted by 4 1/2 years of hormone use), This type of dancing always looks forced to me, and rather unnatural. And I find whenever that is the case, it doesn't look sexy or feminine. In Western society, girls are given a much larger freedom to express a range of emotion in public. And this is even evident on the dance floor. To me, dancing like a girl is about being complete emotional freedom. When the song says slow and moody, dancing like a girl involves showing that. When the song says rock out, dancing like a girl involves doing that as well. The best song to dance like a girl is one that evokes a range of emotions at different places in the song,, and thus permitting all that emotional freedom to manifest over the length of the song. 

July 13th, 2018, 2:14 pm #85