Addict Extraordinaire

23 Nov 2014, 11:39 PM #1

Welcome to Creative Addictions!!
Our tutorials are open to everyone!!
But our group has a lot more to offer in the way of
challenges, games, prizes and shares, so you're very welcome to
register and join us.

~~~~~~~~~~~~ :Welcome: ~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tube - I've used an awesome tube - Harlequin - by Danny Lee which can be purchased at S&Co.
Scrap Kit - I've used my own FTU kit "Intense" which you can find over at the Creative Addictions Attitude Blog [url=http://http://creativeaddictionsattitude.blogs ... pkits.htmlHERE[/URL]. Remember to leave a bit of love if you d/l!!
Mask - I've used a favorite mask of mine, Mask 50-MB & SW from Moonbeams and Spiderwebs HERE
Template - Find Millie's 697mpm template HERE
Filters - EyeCandy 3.1 drop shadow - OPTIONAL, but it's what I've used for this tut.
Font - I've used a fun font, Harlequin, which you can d/l [url=http://http://www.dafont.com/harlequin.font]HERE[/url]

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Tutorial abbreviations:
s/sa/fl/defl/ = Selections/Select All/Float/Defloat
c/p = copy & paste
d/s = drop shadow
f/f = flood fill
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Throughout the tut I used an EyeCandy dropshadow of distance 10, blur 10, opacity 38 - with color #000000, except where noted.
1. Open Millie's template, duplicate and close original. Delete layers 15 - 17 and the credits. Unhide the white background layer. Change the canvas size to 700x600 - we'll crop later because now you'll need the space to work in.

2. Highlight layer 1 and s/sa/fl/defl, add a new layer. Open pp05 and c/p into selection, select none. Duplicate move this one over to cover layer 2. Delete layers 1 & 2.

3. Highlight layer 3 and s/sa/fl/defl, add a new layer. Open pp13 and c/p into selection, select none. Duplicate move this one over to cover layer 4. Delete layers 3 & 4. On the rt side paper, free rotate 3 to the right, and on the left side paper, free rotate 3 to the left.

4. Highlight layer 5 and s/sa/fl/defl, add a new layer. Open pp08 and c/p into selection, select none. Delete layer 5 and with your mover tool move the paper down and to the left a bit.

5. Highlight layer 6 and s/sa/fl/defl. Open pp03 and r/s 75%, c/p as a new layer, invert and tap delete, invert again. Selections and modify, select selections border with settings: inside, anti alias check and border of 4. Add a new layer and f/f with black. Modify again and expand by 2, add a new layer and drop below the black layer, f/f with white. Select none.

6. Highlight layer 7 in your palette. Open el01 and r/s 80%. C/p as a new layer. With your magic wand, tap inside of the circle, modify expand by 15, invert and tap delete, invert again. Open your closeup tag and c/p as a new layer, centering the face in the circle, invert and delete. On your tube use Xero Grayscaler with the following setting:

...and then use Penta Color Dot with these settings:
7. Highlight layer 13 (rt sm sq) and s/sa/fl/defl. Open your close up tube (if using the same Danny Lee tube, the full size tube is large enough so use that) and c/p as a new layer. Position it so just the left side of the face is within the selected area. Duplicate the tube and hide this layer, invert, move back to the original tube layer and tap delete. Unhide the duplicated layer and move it below the face layer. Move it up so the black and white diamond parts of the tube fit inside the selected area and tap delete again, select none. Duplicate the diamond layer and mirror. Move it above layer 14 in your layer palette and fit it within that square. Highlight layer 14 and s/sa/fl/defl and c/p the tube once again as a new layer. Position it so just the right side of the face is within the selected area and tap delete, select none. Now duplicate each of the face layers (left and right), add a Gaussian Blur of 3 to each and then add the Radiance effect to each with the following settings:

Change the blend mode of both of these layers to soft light. Add your d/s to the right original face layer.

On the left original face layer add the same d/s but change the direction to 318. Delete layers 13 and 14. Grab your left merged tube layer and move it in your layers palette down to layer 11, merge down. Now bring this layer down to layer 9 and merge down. Repeat with the right sides.

8. Open your tube and r/s as desired, c/p as a new layer onto your tag and move her to the right just enough so you can see the face in the small right sided box and half of the close-up tube in the center frame.

9. Now we're going to decorate your tag, refer to mine for placement. On all elements use an EyeCandy dropshadow of distance 5, blur 10, opacity 42 - with color #000000:::
:::Open el24 and r/s 75%, mirror. C/p as a new layer moving it to the left so the glow shines on the eye in the circle frame.
:::Open el17 and r/s 50%. C/p as a new layer and move it so it appears your tube is holding the wand. Grab your eraser tool and erase the bit of the handle that the tube is "holding" in her hand.
:::Open el20 and r/s 40%. C/p as a new layer and move to the far right top. Move it down in your layers palette to just below the long framed rectangle layer.
:::Open el15 and r/s 50%. C/p as a new layer, moving it to the far bottom right of your tag. Open el16 and r/s 50% as well. C/p it as a new layer and move it down in your layers palette to just below the square layer, tuck it behind the juggling pins.
:::Open el13 and r/s 50%. C/p as a new layer moving it down also below the square layer and move it to the left so it peeks out of the side of the tag. Open el14 and repeat the above but to the right side below the little rt sided square.
:::Open el34 and r/s 50%, unsharp mask with the following settings:

C/p as a new layer and move to the far right corner and drop below the drama/comedy masks. Duplicate and mirror, and move down slightly.
:::Open el46 and r/s 50%, rotate right. C/p as a new layer and move down in your palette to just above the circle frame. Move to the left so it's behind the small left rectangle.
:::Open el31 and c/p as a new layer dropping it below your main tube layer.
:::Open el30 and r/s 80%. C/p as a new layer and move it down to just above the circle frame. Grab your eraser tool and erase any "glass shards" that cover the face inside the frame. It's important to do that to not degrade the integrity of the artist's work. Once done, add a heavy d/s of distance 5, blur 15, opacity 70 to the glass.
:::Open el47 and c/p as a new layer moving it to the bottom of your tag. Move it all the way down to the background in your layers palette as well.
:::Open ele27 and c/p as a new layer, moving this to just above the floor element. Repeat the same heavy d/s as before.

10. Highlight the white background layer and add a new layer, f/f with color #808080. Apply the Mask 50-MB & SW and merge group. Add your artist's © and your name, merge and save as a png file.

I hope you've enjoyed this tutorial!

Confirmation of reply: