Welcome to Creative Addictions!!
Our tutorials are open to everyone!!
But our group has a lot more to offer in the way of
challenges, games, prizes and shares, so you're very welcome to
register and join us.

~~~~~~~~~~~~ :Welcome: ~~~~~~~~~~~~

'Staches & Glasses

You will need:

~~Tube of your choice with a closeup - I've used a fantastic Danny Lee tube which can be found at S&Co. Please don't use without a license.
~~FTU scrapkit "Pink Flamingos" by myself. Scroll down a bit to find out, and check out all of the other freebies there for you.
~~Template_07 by Bitzy Beez Designz, an oldie but a goodie. We're reusing, and this is good.
~~Plugins - Xero Radiance, Penta color dot, Eye Candy Glow
~~Mask - Insatiable Dreams 125 Mask - Scroll down HERE and d/l Masks 5. Put into your masks folder
~~Font - Futurist Fixed Width

Tutorial abbreviations:
s/sa/fl/defl/ = Selections/Select All/Float/Defloat
c/p = copy & paste
d/s = drop shadow

1. Open template_07, delete logo, bottom text and copyright layers. Slide down to the background layer and flood fill it with white. Resize now if you choose to.

2. Add a new layer above your white bg and select all. Grab pp05 and paste into selection. Layers, load Insatiable Dreams 125 mask and merge group.

3. Resize pp10 70%, then adjust/hue&sat to 32/219. On CIRCLE 1 layer, s/sa/fl/defl/ and c/p as a new layer, invert and delete. Select none, delete original layer. Add d/s of 2, 2, 43, 8.00. Repeat these steps on the half circle layer, changing the d/s to -1, -1, 43, 5.00

4. Highlight RECTANGLE layer and s/sa/fl/defl. Grab pp 13 and rs it 62%. C/p it onto rectangle, invert and delete. Select none, delete original layer. Add d/s of 2, 2, 43, 8.00

5. Resize pp09 60%. On CIRCLE 2 layer, s/sa/fl/defl/ and c/p pp09 as a new layer as well as your closeup tube. Invert and delete both layers. Select none and delete the original layers. Change the blend mode of the original tube to hard light. Duplicate and Adjust/Gaussian Blur of 3. Change blend mode to screen. On original tube layer, add Effects, Penta color dot. Set value to 90 & distance to 4.

6. Grab your preset shape tool and find your Ellipse shape. Set the width to 10 and your foreground color to white, background to null. Stretch out a circle to frame the tube/circle layer you just created, convert it to raster when done and add d/s of 2, 2, 43, 6.00

7. Grab your magic wand and tap inside the RING circle layer. Move up in your layer palette until you're under the HALF RING layer. Using the same resized pp09 as in step 5, c/p it as a new layer, invert, delete, select none, invert again - Selections/modify/expand 2. C/p your tube onto this layer and center it on the circle made, invert. Grab your eraser tool and erase the tube hanging over the bottom of the circle, select none. Duplicate tube and hit Adjust/Gaussian Blur 5 and change the blend mode to soft light. Choose Effects and Xero Radiance default settings.

8. Now we'll place the elements. Use any you like for this, these are the ones I've used. Refer to tag for placement, I've used the same d/s throughout except where noted.
...elem 46 resize 50%, c/p as a new layer. Move this layer to the right. Duplicate and flip, moving the flipped one down to just above the BG layer
...elem 18 c/p new layer. Move this to the left and to above the mask layer. Duplicate, flip and then mirror sliding it under the elem 46 layer.
...elem 47 resize 40%, move to the left.
...elem 19, 35, 36, 46, resize 50%. Elem 19 d/s of 4,4, 30, 10.00.
...elem 34 resize to 50% twice
...elem 9, 10 resize 40%
...elem 50 resize 77%
...elem 22 resize 40%, d/s of 4,4, 30, 10.00
...Lastly, c/p elem 31 onto top layer, free rotate right 90.

9. Once you're happy with your tag, add your artist's copyright information and your name, using a bright color from your tag and Eye Candy Glow to outline it. Delete the white background layer, merge visible and save as a png file. Voila!

Moon
Addict Extraordinaire
Moon
Addict Extraordinaire

1 May 2014, 11:00 PM #2

Oh wow! Love love love this tag Shirl! I can't wait to try out the tut...so cute!!

Psst...the blog looks FANTASTIC too!!

Hugs,

Moon

LadyQueen
Funky Addict
LadyQueen
Funky Addict

7 Jun 2014, 01:10 AM #3

my try with your tut love the kit used

Squirrely
Addict Extraordinaire
Squirrely
Addict Extraordinaire

7 Jun 2014, 06:48 PM #4

Oh wow LadyQueen, what a great tube to use for it! It came out great, I love it, thanks for making me one.

Moon
Addict Extraordinaire
Moon
Addict Extraordinaire

20 Aug 2014, 09:08 PM #5

Confirmation of reply: