Information: We've moved, and this is now an archive board. You can find the new board at https://heavenlyhost.jcink.net

The Trailer (Kisaragi Festival trailer)

Ajogamer
Survivor
Survivor

6:33 PM - Apr 27, 2014 #1

Edit: This is the short trailer shown at the Kisaragi Festival, and apparently has nothing to do with the recently announced (as of Feburary 25th, 2015) Movie adaptation.

Since nobody else made a topic, here it is:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zc0c64cQ-XE

Discuss!

Ajogamer
Survivor
Survivor

6:38 PM - Apr 27, 2014 #2

I noticed they focused a lot on Ayumi, so I'm guessing she's gonna be the main character. Considering her popularity in Japan and the apparent focus on her in Blood Drive, I'm not too surprised. I'm pretty fine with her getting more focus, but I hope we see a good amount of the other characters as well, since the varied and interesting cast is a good part of what I really liked about the games.

Aside from that, I think it looks interesting. Kind of hard to get a good impression just from a short trailer, but I'd likely want to watch it eventually, especially if it gets subtitled.

Diabolic
Cameraman
Cameraman

6:56 PM - Apr 27, 2014 #3

Yo, the guts and stuff kinda made my stomach turn...that being said; I can't wait for the actual movie to come out XD But I guess they couldn't replicate Seiko's hairstyle for the movie, huh?

Yoshie Shinozaki
Protagonist
Protagonist

8:21 PM - Apr 27, 2014 #4

It looks interesting, to say the least.
I'd watch the film if it was subtitled.
(although they could've amped up the gore a bit but than again, I'm used to movies like Evil Dead)
Yoshikazu kinda looked like the ghost child from "The Grudge" during the split second you get to see him.
(I wish his bloody tears were a bit more "runny" but I'm very picky about detail and I'm not trying to punch a hole in the film or anything)
I was a little sad that they used a knife instead of a pair of scissors.
(This definitely makes me wonder what Yoshie would look like in the movie... If she's featured, that is)

"I Return This Nightmare. I Will Find You. Sleepless, Cloaked In Despair. I'm Behind You. Man Has Made Me Oh So Strong. Blurring Lines Of Right And Wrong. Far Too Late For Frail Amends. Now It's Come To Sweet Revenge. Desperate Hands That Lose Control. Have No Mercy On Your Soul."- Here Comes Revenge By Metallica.

DeathkaiserG
Caretaker
Caretaker

10:19 PM - Apr 27, 2014 #5

Woah! Corpse party movie XD Nice...

I'm kinda excited for story changes... It kinda seems that they've already know the Heavenly Host Murders before they arrive there XD

For the Guts.... Not really sure... It kinda looks like cured meat...

"It is way easier to sneak past a dead person."
-- Killian (Killian Experience)

Iarumas
Pupil
Pupil

2:23 AM - Apr 28, 2014 #6

I hate to say it, but the trailer is a bit... underwhelming. To say in the least, the whole thing looks to be pretty mediocre and it kills me to say that. I mean, I was so psyched when I saw there was going to be a live action Corpse Party, but it looks more akin to an extremely low budget fan film with a few cosplaying friends. The school doesn't look as run down as it should be, rather, it looks exactly like what it is: an emptied out school for a filming project. And don't get me started with the "gore" in the trailer. I was ready to see what they had in store for the gore, practically cringing just imagining it... but alas, it looks like blobs. Like someone tried to cook something, failed, and threw it on the floor. It really, really hurt to see it in such a state. I'm hope this is some sort of "preliminary" type thing, without CG effects to make the school look run down and to make the gore cringe worthy. I'll be honest, I'm too much of a fan to pass up watching this thing, but as of right now, I'm pretty disappointed in what I'm seeing so far. Here's to hoping they beef this thing up.

Edit: Here's a download link for the trailer in the highest quality available. Feel free to add it to the top of your post.

11:15 AM - Apr 28, 2014 #7

I'm so disappointed with the cast cuts, the gore, the school, and the acting. It seems like this is a bit too indie, and it'll be just another disappointing adaption.

It's Mekaku City Actors all over again (which you probably shouldn't talk to me about).

“I'm telling you I LOVE YOU, GODDAMMIT!
Yoshiki Kishinuma

Lloyd515
Leader
Leader

8:28 PM - Jul 09, 2014 #8

This is going to sound really weird, but I thought the meat used for human guts looked tasty.
... :unsure:

1:21 AM - Jul 10, 2014 #9

Lloyd515 wrote:This is going to sound really weird, but I thought the meat used for human guts looked tasty.
... :unsure:
Okay, the guts don't look that realistic, but still, ew.

:wub:

“I'm telling you I LOVE YOU, GODDAMMIT!
Yoshiki Kishinuma

7:23 PM - Jul 10, 2014 #10

I'm quite disappointed by it... I mean, it would have been decent if it were a video made for fun by some fans... but if it's the trailer for a real movie it doesn't really look appealing....