Information: We've moved, and this is now an archive board. You can find the new board at https://heavenlyhost.jcink.net

So, I'm thinking about making my own fan Game of Corpse Party.

HeroLuka
Doomed
Doomed

November 24th, 2013, 4:48 am #1

The plot:

2 kids messing around, discover the Sachiko Ever After charm, and decide to try it the exact moment the Corpse Party crew decide to.

Those 2 kids know exactly what's going to happen, and they can decide to interfere, or let things be.

I plan on making the whole thing about 6 chapters long in Rpgmaker.

Any special tips anyone could toss over?

DeathkaiserG
Caretaker
Caretaker

November 24th, 2013, 11:35 am #2

HeroLuka wrote:The plot:

2 kids messing around, discover the Sachiko Ever After charm, and decide to try it the exact moment the Corpse Party crew decide to.

Those 2 kids know exactly what's going to happen, and they can decide to interfere, or let things be.

Heh... I remembered my unfinished corpse party fic...it's almost the same but the difference is the whole CP crew encountered bad ends (Well, they're not exactly dead.. ;) ), Maybe i'll recreate it as a game... XD

What kind of special tips do you need... Story wise or rpg maker wise...? not really sure what your asking for...

"It is way easier to sneak past a dead person."
-- Killian (Killian Experience)

HeroLuka
Doomed
Doomed

November 24th, 2013, 2:19 pm #3

DeathkaiserG wrote:
HeroLuka wrote:The plot:

What kind of special tips do you need... Story wise or rpg maker wise...? not really sure what your asking for...
Both actually!

HeroLuka
Doomed
Doomed

November 25th, 2013, 2:29 am #4

And a couple things to note:

Our protaganists, Chanceler and Matthew, are going to be american. So humor will be thrown in when people like Sachiko yell threats at them. It also means that some signs that are currently there may or may not be readable.

Each chapter will have an average of 5 wrong endings.

Now, if someone could tell me where to start, besides on sprites, that'd be fantastic.

DeathkaiserG
Caretaker
Caretaker

November 25th, 2013, 5:32 am #5

HeroLuka wrote:Our protaganists, Chanceler and Matthew, are going to be american. So humor will be thrown in when people like Sachiko yell threats at them. It also means that some signs that are currently there may or may not be readable.
[+] Spoiler
Chanceller and Matthew:
Lolz...Good Idea though...

Well, I guess its good to plan on what your doing.. Write the whole story first then make it in RPG maker.. In my experience, being spontaneous doesn't finish the job (i did..and it never finish) And read some tricks and tutorials in the web ( and in the forums) for RPG makers , it would help overall

"It is way easier to sneak past a dead person."
-- Killian (Killian Experience)

HeroLuka
Doomed
Doomed

November 26th, 2013, 6:06 pm #6

DeathkaiserG wrote:
HeroLuka wrote:Our protaganists, Chanceler and Matthew, are going to be american. So humor will be thrown in when people like Sachiko yell threats at them. It also means that some signs that are currently there may or may not be readable.
[+] Spoiler
Chanceller and Matthew:
Lolz...Good Idea though...

Well, I guess its good to plan on what your doing.. Write the whole story first then make it in RPG maker.. In my experience, being spontaneous doesn't finish the job (i did..and it never finish) And read some tricks and tutorials in the web ( and in the forums) for RPG makers , it would help overall
Yes! Yes xD

But um, the Character Matthew is very silly, so if she were to show up, He'd probably yell:

"Hey girl down there! Will you make me a sandwich?"

Of course, that's way later on, I'm currently just working on the intro.

HeroLuka
Doomed
Doomed

November 29th, 2013, 11:55 am #7

If someone could help me with the second floor of this damn school I'd be most appreciative.

How do I put this as a map? I've been trying to use Paint to cut out sections, but it's not working properly.

http://i.imgur.com/29OnFSY.png

Skybird
Mentor
Mentor

November 29th, 2013, 12:38 pm #8

Um, wait. Are you using Yogeh's chapter maps? The complete picture of some floors and rooms? If you are, I think "parallaxing" is needed for that to work properly. I'm not really an expert in that.
[ - Gran is the real deal. - ]