Information: We've moved, and this is now an archive board. You can find the new board at https://heavenlyhost.jcink.net

Live-Action Corpse Party Movie Coming (Kisaragi Festival Trailer)

WeirdRaptor
Soul Mate
Soul Mate

April 28th, 2014, 1:04 am #1

Edit By Ajogamer: This topic is discussing the Trailer shown at Kisaragi Festival, which has since been shown to be unrelated to the current movie adaptation.

Here's the trailer.

Here's an article on tumblr about it: Don't get your hopes up.

What we know: Only Ayumi, Naomi, Mayu, and Seiko will be in the film. No Kisaragi boys, no Yuka, no Miss Yui, and no Kizami. Yeah... that sounds... interes...no, that's not the word I'm looking for. Excit...no, not that, either. Dull. That's the one! DULL!! They had the option of just using the original cast, Satoshi, Naomi, Yuka, Ayumi, and Yoshiki, and they went with this?

Also, the gore looks like the results of a food fight and the acting is about as lively as particle board in the commercial. Seeing "gore" and then laughing should not be my response. The interior of Heavenly Host is pathetic. There's an abandoned school in the area where I live that would serve as a better haunted pocket dimension. I could take local actors and film this on a shoespring budget and still do the game more justice than this tripe.

If they wanted to make a standalone CP film, they should have just based it on the PC-98 game, instead of the newer entries. That one's at least simplistic enough to work with without having to trim too much.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

Yoshie Shinozaki
Protagonist
Protagonist

April 28th, 2014, 1:22 am #2

Y'know, I was thinking the exact same thing when I watched the trailer.
So it's supposed to focus on Ayumi, Naomi, Seiko and Mayu?
I wasn't aware of that detail.(don't get me wrong, I like that portion of the cast but wouldn't the movie go by too quickly if there's no one else to be featured/slaughtered?)
As for the gore... That actually was laughable.(but I find actual gore elements to movies and video games hilarious but the way the guts looked... It literally looked like dogs***)
Despite possible curiosity, I'd probably still check it out just cause but I'll immediately pick up my Vita and start playing Blood Covered... Repeated Fear to get the story in check for myself.
(But honestly... It can't be as bad as Dragonball: Evolution...)
Once again, I totally agree with you.
"I Return This Nightmare. I Will Find You. Sleepless, Cloaked In Despair. I'm Behind You. Man Has Made Me Oh So Strong. Blurring Lines Of Right And Wrong. Far Too Late For Frail Amends. Now It's Come To Sweet Revenge. Desperate Hands That Lose Control. Have No Mercy On Your Soul."- Here Comes Revenge By Metallica.

DeathkaiserG
Caretaker
Caretaker

April 28th, 2014, 5:12 am #3

WeirdRaptor wrote:What we know: Only Ayumi, Naomi, Mayu, and Seiko will be in the film. No Kisaragi boys, no Yuka, no Miss Yui, and no Kizami. Yeah... that sounds... interes...no, that's not the word I'm looking for. Excit...no, not that, either. Dull. That's the one! DULL!! They had the option of just using the original cast, Satoshi, Naomi, Yuka, Ayumi, and Yoshiki, and they went with this?
WHAT? Just four of them? Oh come on...I just thought this is just trailer 1 and trailer 2 has the other Kisaragi crew in it.... I mean I was excited it will kinda look like the sweet home movie (in terms of story structure..DEFINITELY not in the gore department) but no...they have to cut them off...

Well, still gonna watch it... Hoping that they would pull something interesting out of this pile of meat...

"It is way easier to sneak past a dead person."
-- Killian (Killian Experience)

April 28th, 2014, 10:44 am #4

I watched a few seconds of the trailer, but couldn't really finish it knowing that the male cast is gone. I mean, there's a reason you can't cut one side of the cast out! Some of the (female and male) cast is dependent in personality and plot when it comes to the other characters. Ayumi would go crazy if she was alone, and Yoshiki was there to be her anchor, Satoshi saved Naomi from hanging herself, and it was so interesting seeing Morishige's descent into insanity, and seeing Mayu look everywhere for Morishige because she wanted to get out together with him hand in hand. There are so many plot lines they're cutting, and it might even be just as uninteresting if they removed the female cast. Are they literally removing the memories of what Yoshiki, Kizami, Ms Yui, Satoshi, and everyone else has done for/to them? What about Naho!? AAARGH.

I'm so frustrated. When will Corpse Party get a good adaption?

Edit: Watched the Trailer all the way. I have so many unanswered questions...

“I'm telling you I LOVE YOU, GODDAMMIT!
Yoshiki Kishinuma

April 28th, 2014, 11:04 am #5

I'll be honest, I was one of the first notes on the post on tumblr and I was absolutely thrilled but?? I can understand not including a majority of the byakudan students (the only ones that made much of an appearance in Repeated Fear were Kizami and Kurosaki), but not including Satoshi, Yoshiki or Morishige makes no sense to me?? they all have fairly important parts.
The gore is mediocre too. It doesn't really look like... gore? It looks more like big globs of tan goo of some sort with some 'blood' thrown on.
overall i'm really disappointed. CP seems incapable of having a decent adaption.

this movie is gonna be a mess tbh (i bet the ao oni movie will be better haha)
サッちゃんは私の自慢。私の為に何でもしてくれる。私の事はもう分からなくなっているけれど、あの子を私は愛している。

Ajogamer
Survivor
Survivor

April 28th, 2014, 11:29 am #6

I went ahead and moved this to the board for the Film adaptation.

While I didn't mention it in the other topic, I do agree the gore blobs look a little odd. I definitely get the worry, I just didn't really say much about it myself since I feel like there isn't enough for me to really judge by yet, and I'm really more concerned about how well they adapt the other elements anyway.

Anyway, one thing I'm curious about is in regards to people saying that only Ayumi, Naomi, Seiko and Mayu appear in the movie. Does anyone actually have any reliable source for this info? Cause far as I'm see, it's just that the person who made that tumblr post saw they were the only 4 to appear in the trailer, then stated that possibility as if it were a fact, without any reliable basis for that being the case (though they did say "let’s take a look at the trailer and see what we can figure out from it." just before that statement, so I don't think it was their intention to mislead people, just poor wording).

Now, I don't think it's a good sign that we've only seen those four in the trailer, since it does mean the possibility remains that the other characters would either get smaller roles or even be removed entirely, though unless there's a more reliable source for that info I'm unaware of, we should keep in mind that claim only seems to be an assumption based on the trailer, and not an established fact. I'd definitely be as disappointed as the rest of you if it does wind out being confirmed all those characters were all cut out, though. While the main story could likely be completely told with just those four characters, it would have a very different feel without them.

April 28th, 2014, 4:50 pm #7

I think we jump to this assumption because it's a trailer, and trailers are not easy to make -- which makes us conclude there won't be a second one that reveals the rest of the cast. A trailer gives us the whole impression of the movie, and if there *is* only one trailer, and the male Kisaragi cast ends up in the movie when only the female cast was in the trailer; people will be confused because it defied their expectations from the trailer. To be hypothetical, it's as if a movie edited the trailer to make us expect an action movie, and people went in wanting one, but oh wait; the trailer didn't show the monster! Surprise! It's actually horror movie! No one would really be disappointed if the male cast (and Yui, Yuka, etc) showed up, but the trailer should certainly be finished, and they shouldn't make one before they get the rest of the cast *if* there will be anyone else.

“I'm telling you I LOVE YOU, GODDAMMIT!
Yoshiki Kishinuma

Ajogamer
Survivor
Survivor

April 28th, 2014, 5:49 pm #8

Yeah, that does make sense. I definitely think them not being in the trailer is a pretty bad sign in terms of those potentially being in the movie, but I also noticed that the trailer focused a LOT on Ayumi, to the point that we don't even get a decent look at Naomi, Seiko and Mayu until the very end, so when I first viewed it, I was left feeling unsure if it may have just been a result of them wanting to follow a single character for the trailer.

I do think there's a fairly decent chance they could be completely excluded, though I'd rather wait and get more info on the movie and its cast before jumping to conclusions. I do feel worried about it as well, though.

WeirdRaptor
Soul Mate
Soul Mate

April 28th, 2014, 9:02 pm #9

There's no point to completely omitting over half the cast from the trailer. If they're in the movie, we would see SOMETHING of them even with the trailer focusing a lot of Ayumi. Even if they are, that still doesn't change how laughable the gore is, how underwhelming the interior of Heavenly Host is, how bad the eye contact of the red eye is, and every other thing wrong that was shown.

Adapting the PSP game into a standalone movie is still a bad in and of itself. They're no way they can do the story any justice in just an hour and a half or two hours. I said it before and I'll say it again, they should have gone with original RPGMaker version of the story.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

Shigitou burikaa
Journalist
Journalist

April 28th, 2014, 9:41 pm #10

WeirdRaptor wrote:Here's the trailer.

Here's an article on tumblr about it: Don't get your hopes up.

What we know: Only Ayumi, Naomi, Mayu, and Seiko will be in the film. No Kisaragi boys, no Yuka, no Miss Yui, and no Kizami. Yeah... that sounds... interes...no, that's not the word I'm looking for. Excit...no, not that, either. Dull. That's the one! DULL!! They had the option of just using the original cast, Satoshi, Naomi, Yuka, Ayumi, and Yoshiki, and they went with this?

Also, the gore looks like the results of a food fight and the acting is about as lively as particle board in the commercial. Seeing "gore" and then laughing should not be my response. The interior of Heavenly Host is pathetic. There's an abandoned school in the area where I live that would serve as a better haunted pocket dimension. I could take local actors and film this on a shoespring budget and still do the game more justice than this tripe.

If they wanted to make a standalone CP film, they should have just based it on the PC-98 game, instead of the newer entries. That one's at least simplistic enough to work with without having to trim too much.
What Is the tumblr username. I MUST SEE THIS....... Er-hem I apologize for the childness, what I mean is that I am looking forward to seeing this.
ste teraz mojej obete. Vitajte v mojom herňa, zvieratko. Ja som teraz mučiť vás.
~ポケウォーズ9000™
i am servent to no one.
[+] Spoiler
http://www.myfconline.com/?do=view&type ... _id=264324