Information: We've moved, and this is now an archive board. You can find the new board at https://heavenlyhost.jcink.net

[if] Corpse Party If has no sound

doujinmaniac
Cursed
Cursed

June 14th, 2013, 7:15 pm #1

Hello world! I just started playing these fan made Corpse Party games a few days ago and I have to say that I'm in love with them. I downloaded Corpse Party If yesterday and when I went to play it I had no sound at all. I reinstalled the game twice and made sure all of my sound was turned up. Does anyone have any idea what the problem could be?

Ajogamer
Survivor
Survivor

June 15th, 2013, 3:40 am #2

Hmm, I can't remember anyone else reporting this issue, so I'm not too sure what the cause would be, unfortunately. Two questions though:

1. What system locale is your computer running? You can check this within your Region and Language settings (On Windows 7, it's Start>Control Panel>Clock, Language and Region>Region and Language, then you look under the "Administrative" tab). The english version of Corpse Party if is designed to run under an English locale, so if it isn't already on such a setting, I'd suggest changing to something like "English (United States)", then seeing if the sound issue is fixed after that (You may want to take note of what your current setting is so you know what to revert it to later on). Region and Language settings can sometimes affect installations as well, so if it wasn't an English setting already, you may want to try reinstalling as well.

2. Did you install the RPG Maker 2000 RTP? While I believe that the English version of Corpse Party if should work even without the RTP, It's best to have the RTP installed if possible, cause not having it installed may potentially cause certain issues.

Also as a side note, the Prinicpal's Office is intended for forum related announcements and issues, so this threads like this would be better made in the game's respective section of the forums; in this case, the Corpse Party if section, though I'll wait a bit to move this thread, so you're more likely to see this response.

doujinmaniac
Cursed
Cursed

June 15th, 2013, 7:52 am #3

Okay, sorry for posting in the wrong place and thanks for waiting. My language is set to engish (United States). I just tried downloading it again with my firewall turned off and reinstalling, but I still have no sound. I do have rtp2000 installed. I can play the other corpse party games perfectly with sound and all

Ajogamer
Survivor
Survivor

June 15th, 2013, 12:57 pm #4

No worries about posting in the wrong place; just wanted to make sure you knew about it before I moved the topic. Anyway, seems the issue still remains, huh? Luckily I have some other possibilities in mind.

First off, I just remembered something very simple that I really should've asked from the getgo: When you install Corpse Party if, do you extract two different folders (once with "CORPSE-PARTY if Ver.1.0e.zip" and a second time with "CORPSE-PARTY if.lzh"), or do you only extract the initial .zip file, then run the "setup.exe" file to install the game? The sound is almost guaranteed to be broken if you manually extract the "CORPSE-PARTY if.lzh" folder instead of running the setup.exe file, so if you didn't install the game via setup.exe, that may very well be your problem.

If you did install the game via the setup.exe file though, and it's still not working, there's something else I'd like you to try: Could you try playing the game until Yoshiki begins telling a ghost story and the screen goes black? I'd like to know if you're able to hear the song that plays during that scene or not; if it does, that'd confirm a suspicion of mine, and it won't take you long to try, since that scene's near the start.

doujinmaniac
Cursed
Cursed

June 15th, 2013, 3:14 pm #5

Yeah, that was the problem. I was running the setup then extracting the .lzh file. I was not getting the option to run the game after I installed so I thought I was supposed to. I ran the setup then found it on my control panel and it worked. I was telling it to put the shortcut on my desktop, but it never would though. Anyway thanks for your time and effort. I appreciate it.

Ajogamer
Survivor
Survivor

June 15th, 2013, 3:26 pm #6

Sure thing. Glad to hear it's working now!