Information: We've moved, and this is now an archive board. You can find the new board at https://heavenlyhost.jcink.net

English subtitles

L3Z4
Pupil
Pupil

10:32 PM - Aug 11, 2016 #1

So, a week ago I was wondering whether there were any subtitles available for the live-action film thingy, and I spent a good solid 40 minutes trying to find some to no avail. Instead, I got a virus. But that's not the point.

Yesterday I got in touch with a friend of mine, who apparently would be willing to sub the entire thing all by himself. He's Japanese and all that, but I'm pretty sure it won't be an easy task nevertheless.

Anyway, my question is, would you guys be interested in that or would it flop horribly?
I'd probably help him with the timing and all that (we'd use Aegisub), but I'd hate to waste a few days of my life working on something that nobody even asked for to start with.

Oh, and we'd also need a proofreader or something. Grammar is not our forte.

Edit: Somebody just told me that it is getting an official release. Would rather not hurt sales. We're thinking subbing Book of Shadows (the, uh, other live-action film) then would a better idea.
Tumblr/dgtranslations Twitter (@itssarabruh) Twitch.tv

Yoshie Shinozaki
Protagonist
Protagonist

11:08 PM - Aug 11, 2016 #2

You guys have my support if that helps in any way? I'm sure everyone else would like to see the film with subtitles. If no-one else would be up for the task, and if it doesn't require an overly elaborate software. I'd be happy to help proofread the subtitles. Not like I have anything better to do, to be honest.
"I Return This Nightmare. I Will Find You. Sleepless, Cloaked In Despair. I'm Behind You. Man Has Made Me Oh So Strong. Blurring Lines Of Right And Wrong. Far Too Late For Frail Amends. Now It's Come To Sweet Revenge. Desperate Hands That Lose Control. Have No Mercy On Your Soul."- Here Comes Revenge By Metallica.