Information: We've moved, and this is now an archive board. You can find the new board at https://heavenlyhost.jcink.net

Corpse Party: Cycle of Demise

egg_
Cursed
Cursed
egg_
Cursed
Cursed

May 7th, 2018, 8:09 pm #1

Originally Lloyd515's game, I went ahead and talked to him about it and he said it was fine to take over it.
That being said, here's a short demo to give you guys an Idea of what I want to do. I'm really looking for criticism on how I portray the Book of Shadows chapter in an RPG setting. I want to fix a lot of the look of the game before I go further on.

If you do want to report a bug or recommend something, please read this. There are a lot of things that I will get around to fixing, I'm just too lazy to do so :P
[+] Spoiler
Bugs:
-When you enter 3-A, the little graphic in the top right corner doesn't fade away completely. For some reason, VXAce doesn't like erasing pictures.
-Not all areas are accessible, even though you can clearly go in the door.
-There are test characters in the west hallway on the second floor. These will be removed later.
-Some of the sprites for events make a weird downwards shift.
Future Changes:
-Changing the font to Cinecaption.
-Improving the look of the message system, as well as adding busts to scenes.
-Improving the text formatting so reading is a bit more natural
-Improving the title screen and menu. (It's a bit... ugly at the time)
[+] Spoiler

Here's the download.

Thank you!
"Whoa, a talking dog! What were you guys smoking when you came up with that?"
"We ere eating Rotisserie Chicken"

May 8th, 2018, 9:08 pm #2

Sounds interesting. I'll play it on my computer later and tell you what I thought about it ! 'hope this will end up being a good fangame

May 10th, 2018, 4:40 pm #3

So far, I'll show what problems / glitches I've seen
[+] Spoiler

[+] Spoiler

You can walk on every floor's staircases's windows
Also, it would be good if the menu ( when you press "X" ) wasn't the one of Final Fantasy. Soldier Mayu XD Also, the color green for the menus is too bright and unfitting with the game. How about some purple or another dark color ?

Aside from this, I find this game enjoying and I know it can only get better with time ! I especially loves how the scrolling follow the player, being slightly at the back, and I also loves the 'animation' when you enter inside rooms. ( I dunno why, I just find it more enjoying than in the officials Corpse Party games

egg_
Cursed
Cursed
egg_
Cursed
Cursed

May 11th, 2018, 8:37 pm #4

Thank you for the feedback!
wrote:Also, the color green for the menus is too bright and unfitting with the game.
Sorry about the menu, it's temporary for now. I don't think I was too clear in my original message. I'm going to completely remove the entire menu and replace it with an event based menu system.
"Whoa, a talking dog! What were you guys smoking when you came up with that?"
"We ere eating Rotisserie Chicken"

May 18th, 2018, 7:37 pm #5

i really enjoyed this so far! ive been hoping someone would remake demise for a while, and im thrilled you did it in the same style as the seal remake jackkel dragon did.

neiko is love, neiko is life