Information: We've moved, and this is now an archive board. You can find the new board at https://heavenlyhost.jcink.net

About the recent outage

Ajogamer
Survivor
Survivor

12:05 AM - Nov 24, 2016 #1

The forums just got back online from a multi-day outage, so I thought I'd make a quick post here to let those wondering know what was up:

Basically, the hardware running multiple Zetaboard servers (including the one these forums are on) ended up having a failure, so they had to replace the hardware and restore from the backups they had.

The issue was actually resolved pretty quickly and without any issue (since it was a simple problem and they make constant backups), though the outage ended up resulting in a decent bit of downtime due to how long it took to restore all the server data onto the new hardware.

If anyone wants the full details, you can check this post on the official Zetaboards support forum, which is where all the updates went while the servers were in the process of being restored.

In any case, since this was just a random hardware failure that's been taken care of, we likely shouldn't have to worry about any similar downtime anytime soon.

Ryon
Soul Mate
Soul Mate

9:31 AM - Nov 24, 2016 #2

Hope that won't happen again. I was looking at the support log daily to check progress. Thank the rings it's back to be up here!
When in doubt.... Retreat to the Infirmary!!!