Moderator: Section Moderators

4:07 PM - Jan 17, 2017 #11

get it done proper by a shop for the price especially if a new radio.
M0LSG

4:43 PM - Jan 17, 2017 #12

Thanks lads.

Yes I will leave it to someone FAR more accomplished than me to do it.

Haven't got around to seeing who would yet.

Thanks all

Tim.

10:22 PM - Jan 25, 2017 #13

TimH1971 wrote:
DXHunter wrote:hi tim nevadas will not do the wideband mod if you check there site it says 5mhz mod cant tell you if it a company policy or the engineer I live only 15 minues from it I was told also by a good radio friend of there policy but would suggest double checking and give them a ring
Thanks Robert

Will check with them

73s
Rang Nevada today they said would do wideband mod for £24.95

12:58 AM - Jan 29, 2017 #14

that good news tim the info I had was from a source it was proved wrong at least I know in the future

9:56 AM - Feb 14, 2017 #15

Hi Tim. just read this thread, will be interested to see how it turns out, I to have just got a 450d, got mine 2nd hand but its mint condition and not wide banded. I also just purchased a Moonraker wonder loop antenna for use indoors. It really pickups up well, comparable to a short wire antenna, but for Tx I cannot get the swr down using the inbuilt tuner? The tuning knob on the antenna is small and to fine tune is very difficult, but the volume of the Rx does increase and peak so I would expect it to tune on the internal tuner but it must still be over 3:1 so the tuner ignore it. I think I will have to go manual and connect to an external SWR meter and tune that way.

I made a inverted L di-pole for mine out of some odd bits of wire, been using it successfully on 20m, getting out to nearly 2000miles on under ten watts at the weekend. Now going to extend the legs to run it on 40m.

Let me know how you get on with widebanding, I wonder would they do it whilst you wait if you book it?

Another thought, must the diode be removed totally, makes me sound a bit of a butcher, but is it not just possible to snip the tiny diode or does the circuit have to be maintained? just a thought I don't think it should be tried.
Steve

11:14 AM - Feb 14, 2017 #16

Mirmanuk wrote:Hi Tim. just read this thread, will be interested to see how it turns out, I to have just got a 450d, got mine 2nd hand but its mint condition and not wide banded. I also just purchased a Moonraker wonder loop antenna for use indoors. It really pickups up well, comparable to a short wire antenna, but for Tx I cannot get the swr down using the inbuilt tuner? The tuning knob on the antenna is small and to fine tune is very difficult, but the volume of the Rx does increase and peak so I would expect it to tune on the internal tuner but it must still be over 3:1 so the tuner ignore it. I think I will have to go manual and connect to an external SWR meter and tune that way.

I made a inverted L di-pole for mine out of some odd bits of wire, been using it successfully on 20m, getting out to nearly 2000miles on under ten watts at the weekend. Now going to extend the legs to run it on 40m.

Let me know how you get on with widebanding, I wonder would they do it whilst you wait if you book it?

Another thought, must the diode be removed totally, makes me sound a bit of a butcher, but is it not just possible to snip the tiny diode or does the circuit have to be maintained? just a thought I don't think it should be tried.
Steve
Hi Steve how's things?

I have booked it in for Nevada next Monday morning. They are doing it as I wait.

£24.95.

Give them a bell and they will sort it for you.

73s Tim.

3:07 PM - Sep 23, 2018 #17

found this g0djk.blogspot.com/2013/09/ft450d-wide-band-tx-g0djk-remove-top.html
No matter where you go
there you are !

Omar
26CT429