Moderator: CTX Advisor

The Big Multimode Nets 2018

March 31st, 2018, 3:43 pm #1

Just an early heads-up for this years event!

March 31st, 2018, 5:24 pm #2

Hi Del. Have sent you a PM with my number could you please give me a call, Thanks, Tom.
Call CQ Because on radio nobody can hear you listening!!

March 31st, 2018, 5:29 pm #3

Thanks for the info, Del. :thumb:

April 17th, 2018, 6:36 am #4

Getting a lot of feedback and it looks like this years event could be really good with lots of stations on the air.

April 17th, 2018, 7:25 am #5

I thought we were using designated net frequencies for this?

April 17th, 2018, 9:10 am #6

TimH1971 wrote:I thought we were using designated net frequencies for this?
The big national net organized events are using our usual freq Tim.
Last edited by Smudger on April 17th, 2018, 9:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
CT1938 / FOX INDIA 420

April 17th, 2018, 9:48 am #7

Yes that's what I thought Richard.

April 17th, 2018, 9:02 pm #8

Perhaps that needs explaining soon then guys, because it looks like everyone is being asked or advised to use the calling frequency 27.275.

June 12th, 2018, 8:17 am #9

Yes call on the UK calling frequencies then QSY.

This will be the fifth event celebrating legal AM and SSB in the UK.

AM calling on 27.125 channel 14
SSB (USB) calling on 27.275

The aim of the event (and other related events such as The Big Net in November and the PMR446 DX WEEKEND) is to get as many people as possible on the air at the same time, thus improving the chances of us all making some great contacts. These contacts will hopefully result in regular chats between users who were previously unaware of each other.

So SPREAD THE WORD!
Last edited by Delboy on June 12th, 2018, 8:18 am, edited 2 times in total.

June 12th, 2018, 10:33 am #10

OK Del so your promoting your own thing and you have scrupulously avoided my attempts to contact you privately and discus things so we don't have a confliction of frequencies on the night! so we'll do it publicly mate, hear goes. Your plugging AM and I don't have a problem with that except your encouraging people to use 27.125 the "AM Calling freq". problem is that Roy and the lads in the north-west are using that freq on Wednesday 27th of June to activate The five counties in the north west region as part of the Activate All Counties. Infact they have been using that freq on SSB for the North-West SSB net getting on for three years, And you know this cos you publish and regularly update a list of all the nets that take place through-out the UK

So why are you actively encouraging people to cause to QRM to a well supported long established net that generates plenty of activity on a legal SSB freq? And please don't say "Its the designated AM calling freq" because It might be in Delboy world but the fact is that after four years flogging the dead horse that is (Your vision for UK Mid-band calling channels) The FACT is nobody uses them!!! Just a little dose of reality. you can spam the be-jesus out of the internet and facebook et al from your armchair all you want but its the efforts of dozens of dedicated people all round the country who are going to take to the hills on the 27th that will make it a great night on mid-band and many people are going to a lot of trouble to organize things maximize everyone's chance of being able to work as many parts of England as possible apart that is from you, who for some reason have decided to actively undermine everyone else by going rouge elephant?

Sorry to everyone else for the rant but for the record I have tried contacting Del months ago on a number of occasions and was ignored (Odd for someone who supposedly likes talking on radio) and given he never seems too busy to to bladder the internet with stuff bigging up his social media profile its harly likly he's short of time. So over to you Del are you going to reply?.....

73, Tom.
Call CQ Because on radio nobody can hear you listening!!