Forum rules
INTRODUCTIONS

Please make a new Post in this Forum and Introduce yourself if you have recently joined Charlie Tango, or Post if you wish to request a CT 11m Call-sign be allocated to you.

A little bit of information about you: your background; radio history; specific Radio interests and ambitions; level of knowledge and experience; and similar, all helps us get to know you.

It also means that if you ask questions, the Members will be better able to judge at what level the answer should be pitched. We do not need to know any really personal details! but, often, the better we know you, the more we can help. Please note, the 'Firstname, Location, & Country fields must be filled out in your profile, for a call-sign to be issued to you.

New Member & Callsign Request

September 10th, 2018, 10:57 pm #1

Hi All!

I'm based in Brighton (East Sussex) and just recently got back into the radio hobby after nearly 30 years off the air.

I started on CB in the early 1980's and went on to get my class B amateur licence a few years later. General "life stuff" got in the way, the CB gear was sold and the amateur licence expired and never got renewed.

After a bit of a chat with Ofcom earlier this year, I was able to get my amateur licence back. Thanks to the rule changes in 2003, I've now got a 'full' licence and can use any of the ham bands I feel like. I'm using a Yaesu FT817ND and I've been amazed to discover that 11m is still going strong, with several weekly nets local to me as well as a bunch of friendly people working both the UK FM channels and the CEPT mid block on SSB.

One of my interests is experimenting with antennas and I've been able to get on the air on 11m with a home-made inverted-V dipole. A combination of an old fishing rod and 3m of 32mm plumbing pipe makes a great mast for it and it seems to do quite well. I'm keen to compare it with something like a T2LT and see which works best.

I'd like to request a CT callsign and if it's not considered too cheeky for a newbie, I'd love to be able to have CT2975 if it's still available. If not, then whatever is free would be fine.

Phil, Brighton (IO90wt)
G1BCG
--

Phil
Brighton, UK

September 11th, 2018, 5:35 am #2

Hello Phil, welcome to the forum,

73's Gary.
26CT1836 2E0GGQ

September 11th, 2018, 5:38 am #3

Good morning Phill 
Welcome to the Charlie Tango forum buddy ūüĎč
Come and join us on CH 35 London?s Daily Net from 8:30pm to late.
Our Facebook group name is CB channel 35 Club uk come and join in the fun
We now have Our own Club Call sign Lima Tango ( London Town )
available to club members

Jake Highgate 73

September 11th, 2018, 6:28 am #4

Hi Phil and a very warm welcome to the group 

Great intro  :thumb:

Cheers N beers 

Craig 73 

Ps I am sure one of our call sign team will be along shorty 
Yaesu FTdx 3000 - Sirio GM - MD 200 mic

September 11th, 2018, 9:20 am #5

Hello Phil and welcome to the Charlie Tango DX Group. 

September 11th, 2018, 10:52 am #6

Hello and welcome, Phil.

73s John.

September 11th, 2018, 11:04 am #7

Thanks for the greetings! I'm struggling to get all my profile info in place so the admins can allocate me a callsign - the drop-down box for 'country' doesn't appear to be working. Tried it in Firefox and Chrome, is anyone else seeing the same thing?
--

Phil
Brighton, UK

September 11th, 2018, 11:26 am #8

If anybody else is having the same problem, I fixed it by changing 'My Language' to 'British English' under the 'Board Preferences' section of my profile.
--

Phil
Brighton, UK

September 11th, 2018, 5:07 pm #9

Hi Phil,
Hi Ian,
Welcome to CT DX group.
We have just migrated to a new forum in the past 2 days, and we are still sorting out many issues, one being the call-sign lists.
So, please just bear with us, and we will issue you a call-sign as & when we can get everything running correctly here,
Many thanks,
Nik
M6GFT ::: QRZ Page- http://www.qrz.com/db/M6GFT
All CT members are expected to use good operating procedure, good manners, and be friendly...Please do not chat on any calling frequencies, or use bad language on air, thank you it is appreciated.

September 13th, 2018, 7:23 am #10

Hi Phil welcome to Charlie Tango.

26CT1369.       :cb:
MAY THE DX BE WITH YOU.