Moderator: CTX Advisor

Forum rules
The Ch.34 Cafe [center] [img=300,310]http://z1.ifrm.com/2510/101/0/p1022157/Ch34Cafe.gif [/img] [/center]

interference

March 18th, 2018, 5:38 pm #1

hello one and all can any of you tell me is sola panel give out rf to cb radios or have any of you had this problem all im getting on my rigs is 30+ noise my neighbours has 6 sola panel on there roof i never had this problem years ago when i did cb and i havent moved homes or anything any help or what i can get to stop this problem . :bash:

March 19th, 2018, 2:24 am #2

Hi Grady,
There are many things that can cause QRM, PLT (using mains wiring to distribute internet around a house), "wall wart" power supplies that are "cheap and nasty", various appliance power supplies. inverters on solar panels amongst others.

First thing, have you proved it's not your house.
Put the radio on a battery and kill the mains at the consumer unit.
If your noise goes down, then there is something in your house.
Switch one circuit in at a time until you find the noise come back up.

If it makes no difference, then you will have to walk around with a portable radio (Medium Wave / AM band).
If the noise on the tranny comes up as ou approach your neighbour's house, then you will have to use your skills as a diplomat to keep him on your side.

What I'm trying to say is be sure first and don't go shouting the odds

Good luck

March 19th, 2018, 11:06 am #3

BigTone wrote:Hi Grady,
There are many things that can cause QRM, PLT (using mains wiring to distribute internet around a house), "wall wart" power supplies that are "cheap and nasty", various appliance power supplies. inverters on solar panels amongst others.

First thing, have you proved it's not your house.
Put the radio on a battery and kill the mains at the consumer unit.
If your noise goes down, then there is something in your house.
Switch one circuit in at a time until you find the noise come back up.

If it makes no difference, then you will have to walk around with a portable radio (Medium Wave / AM band).
If the noise on the tranny comes up as ou approach your neighbour's house, then you will have to use your skills as a diplomat to keep him on your side.

What I'm trying to say is be sure first and don't go shouting the odds

Good luck
Thank you for the information I’ll try that tomorrow when I’m off work thanks again hope to be on the air ways soon . regards Grady

June 13th, 2018, 5:02 pm #4

Hi Grady
I sometimes have QRM on my HF/vhf radios. I found out mine was caused by my Sky Q box being too near my broadband router, so I relocated my router and this seems to have solved my problem.
Regards
Mike
108CT555

June 13th, 2018, 5:45 pm #5

canine wrote:Hi Grady
I sometimes have QRM on my HF/vhf radios. I found out mine was caused by my Sky Q box being too near my broadband router, so I relocated my router and this seems to have solved my problem.
Regards
Mike
108CT555
Me too....my EE router was giving me about S6 - S7 of noise at one stage. I moved it about 12 feet (3.6 mtrs) across the room and the noise level dropped to S3 -S4.

June 15th, 2018, 10:09 pm #6

canine wrote:Hi Grady
Regards
Mike
108CT555
Hi mike ill look in to that too its not as bad now i have put up my antron 99 higher just some days its bad and not others its a funny old thing
anyway thanks for the input
regards
grady

ct2750

June 16th, 2018, 3:07 pm #7

Buy your self a anc timewave and it will solve your problem