July 10th, 2017, 8:48 am #221

Nothing planned John.... It all depends if something interesting comes my way or not. I'd like to restore a multimode II, just because it will be a complete challenge, so if I pick up one that is electronically sound and un-modified, but cosmetically awful, I'll probably do that.
Last edited by Pook on July 10th, 2017, 8:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
CB, 11 Metres, Ham Radio... it's all radio, so stop fighting about it.

https://www.qrz.com/db/G0SLV

July 10th, 2017, 12:04 pm #222

I'm gutted My funds won't allow me to bid on this radio, I've loved this thread and would have loved to own the finished product.

July 10th, 2017, 6:24 pm #223

Pook wrote:Nothing planned John.... It all depends if something interesting comes my way or not. I'd like to restore a multimode II, just because it will be a complete challenge, so if I pick up one that is electronically sound and un-modified, but cosmetically awful, I'll probably do that.
No worries, David. A Multimode 2 would make a good next project. :thumb:

I have fond memories of these radios, as a Multimode 2 was my first side-bander. :pirate2:

July 11th, 2017, 7:36 am #224

Pad wrote:I'm gutted My funds won't allow me to bid on this radio, I've loved this thread and would have loved to own the finished product.
Well.. it went for £206. I'll be posting it out and saying goodbye to it today.

I learned a lot doing this radio.
CB, 11 Metres, Ham Radio... it's all radio, so stop fighting about it.

https://www.qrz.com/db/G0SLV

July 11th, 2017, 11:27 am #225

Pook wrote:
Pad wrote:I'm gutted My funds won't allow me to bid on this radio, I've loved this thread and would have loved to own the finished product.
Well.. it went for £206. I'll be posting it out and saying goodbye to it today.

I learned a lot doing this radio.
Somebody is getting a thing of beauty David, lovingly restored.

July 16th, 2017, 12:39 pm #226

Money well spent whoever bought it. You have put a lot of time and money yourself into the project which is a credit for what you got for the radio. An interesting insite as well into cosmetically restoring radios.

Regards
May the propergation be with you

April 29th, 2018, 10:36 am #227

Wow.........Just spent an hour enjoying this thread from page 1 to 12.
In total envy and what made me laugh was that I was going to go to Halfords today to buy a rattle can. Now 'I won't do it'.
The preparation even for the case is way above my skill levels but I will try to follow your posts to see whether I can replicate the finish you achieved. I was fortunate enough to buy a nice Ham Int Concorde 2 yesterday (yep another one) however the case needs restoring as someone painted it Gloss black.

Can I ask is this a hobby or are you prepared to receive work in?

TIA

September 5th, 2018, 10:28 am #228

It was with great interest I read this interesting restoration thread for the HyGain V (2795DX)! Wonderful job! :clap:

I have a couple of those radios as well and I was wondering where you bought your mylar cone loudspeaker?
(http://charlietango.co.uk/single/?p=8284751&t=7885155)

I have found similar ones at Mouser and other online electronic shops but none with the proper dimensions and the wattage specs.

I am also trying to download the label files that you used to create new labels but it seems that the download links are not valid anymore?