Forum rules
About Tomichi [center]
[url=http://kaioshen.deviantart.com/art/Over-the-Hills-and-Far-Away-458989056] [img=600,220]http://pre05.deviantart.net/62ed/th/pre/f/2014/157/9/a/over_the_hills_and_far_away_by_kaioshen-d7l9q80.jpg [/img] [/url]
[small] [i]Digital Art © [url=http://kaioshen.deviantart.com/art/Over-the-Hills-and-Far-Away-458989056]kaioshen [/url] [/i] [/small] [/center]
The same as Pomah [sup][ [url=http://s15.zetaboards.com/Continent_of_Altrus/topic/8375971/]1 [/url]] [/sup], Tomichi village was disrupted during the first outbreak and also recovered immediately through its people’s cooperation.

As of the moment, Tomichi closes down its windows and doors and only allows its people to light one lamp every night if needed. You can see no one outside their houses after the sun has already settled. Tomichi is sometimes called the quiet village.

[small] [i] [url=http://s15.zetaboards.com/Continent_of_Altrus/topic/8375971/][1] - Pomah [/url] [/i] [/small]

A Crack in the Coin

May 26th, 2017, 7:45 am #1

Setting
  • 5 days just after the RP "An Unusual Request"
  • Sky is getting darker and rain seems imminent, wind is chilly and steady.
Locke heaved a sigh as he started to step down from the carriage that took them from the port to Tomichi. Part of his rational mind was telling him to go back and make amends. He had not only escaped the training grounds, but he had been a witness to a general knocking out her fellow because of his request. This was responsibility he had to bear.

But despite this, a larger part of his mind wanted to push through. The pit in his stomach was like acid waiting to break through. If he did not keep himself in check it was not entirely implausible that he'd run off chasing any whisper he could hear. Of course, he could not dare do that with the lady general being on his journey.

Though, their travel had seemed rather smooth. There were no hindrances so far. Locke had half a mind to think that he'd have to escape and go on alone because of the general's agreement she said; to which he could not refuse even though he wanted to.

The wind kept blowing steadily, making Locke feel the chill of the weather. It did not help that he had left his vest to the sleeping general Alexandria when they had left her to the guards at the port. It was partly due to his remorse for what had befallen her that he did that. He was, after all, at fault.

Thinking he would have to find another way to get back to her good graces, Locke faced her accomplice, the red haired general Amadea; her visage seemingly resembling his lost companion. He blinked once to shake away the fatigue that had built up and to somehow sooth his unruly emotions.

"So, lady Amadea," he spoke softly, unsure whether to call her by her name in fear that it might cause more trouble. "Can you tell me a bit about this area? It would not be a bad idea to study the lay of the land before we go ahead and ask."

Extending his hand to help the general out of their ride, all he kept having glimpses of memories he had shared with his companion.
Last edited by Locke Cole on May 26th, 2017, 8:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

May 27th, 2017, 12:18 pm #2

Ileana suppressed a yawn as she took Locke's hand and jumped down from the carriage, making sure her old staff won't get caught over the carriage's ceiling. She had retrieved it from the Main Base a few days ago seeing as she had been forced to leave Odile[note]Her cursed weapon[note] behind.

Though in hindsight, leaving her weapon was a pretty useless move since Kisara had probably alerted Eclair of what she did already. They could be after them now, ready to whoop her behind for daring to go to east without leave and even dragging a trainee with her.

Noting Locke's expression, Ileana flicked his forehead with a huff. "You're still thinking about Kisara? I told you, she'll be fine. She's probably gonna come after us with a blazing trail of fire and death and then beat me up a few times. In fact, she's probably on her way now and will be upon us before we even know it." Ileana looked around for good measure.

The town of Tomichi was as silent as the grave making it seem like a ghost town. The gloomy weather wasn't helping its image either. But Ileana knew there were still people who lived here.

"Anyway..." She started then trailed off, "this town used to be big and bustling with life, before the demons attacked. It's one of the few towns we managed to recover but...as you can see..." She trailed off again, moving forward and looking at the silent houses. There were a few people peeking at them from their windows but none came out to greet them.

"My House had holdings here, the main estate here in the east in fact, but it's all burnt to the ground." Ileana said, "my relatives didn't make it since our estate was located at the borders nearer to Dafentall Land..." She had been trying to find someone willing to come back to the east to relieve food and resource shortage but none of her relatives are willing to live so close to the demons. "The town lost almost half of its original area so we have less to cover. If Klas is staying here, it wouldn't be so hard to find her. If she's not within town borders then we can try searching outside of the town border. Though...I don't know why she would be out in the first place...it's very dangerous. Dafentall Land is just a bit to the north after all..."

Ileana glanced back at Locke at a particularly chilly wind, "by the way, are you cold? We should find you some coat before you get sick."
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler

Confused on where to start? Read our Beginner's Guide! :>
We are currently accepting applicants! Please check our Application Corner to see how it works!

May 28th, 2017, 2:09 pm #3

Locke looked around, as lady Amadea had told him, as he rubbed the part the general had flicked, seemingly nursing it even though it did not hurt much. It was as she had said; there were people looking out but nothing made a noise aside from the howling wind. It would not be off to think that they were being treated as absurdities with the suspicious looks that were darting through them.

Although the gusty breeze was strong, the next words of the red haired maiden left Locke more like he was just slapped in the face. It was a huge surprise. The seemingly frail maiden, one you would least expect to find within a battlefield, was not only an accomplished fighter but one who had experienced a lot of loss. She was, by far, more of a man than he is yet she is definitely feminine enough to charm the hearts of men.

Are strong people created by adversities? Or were they strong from the beginning? Locke refrained from voicing out his thoughts as he slowly took a deep sigh, remembering his companion. She too had a rough past. Being treated as a monster just because she was misunderstood; surely she had every right to hate the world's logic and yet she doesn't. She held a deep respect for the stories left by the same humans and although she had her guard up when he first dealt with her, she was by far not unsociable.

Lady Ileana might just be the same.

The more Locke spent time with general Amadea, the more he saw similarities with his partner. The hair pigment aside, they both had a mischievous side that likely hid the sadness they held. Merchants were people who could see through people but Locke was sure this was no mere conjecture. He had, after all, seen it firsthand though it just made his heart ache all the more, as though he was looking at a surreal illusion which was too fragile to touch.

It might be why he unconsciously lacks restraint when it comes to her.

It might be in a foreign land but regardless, Locke made a silent prayer to the souls of the departed that lady Amadea had spoken off and thought about her next words. Indeed, this would be an absurd place for his companion to end up but he had no other trails to thread.

"Do not mind me," Locke replied to lady Amadea's concern about his outfit with a smile. It was not the first time he had to traverse a place with unfit clothing. "Instead, would you mind if I asked you if you had a special person for yourself? I do not know if my companion would call me 'special' but someone who would, at least what I'd like to think, throw away a lot of things for your sake?"

His words left his mouth rather abruptly and he realized it far too late that he had asked the general a rather sensitive topic already. Looking up at the darkening sky, he could only blame his emotional state being such a mess. If his companion was here right now, surely she would be laughing at his impertinence.

Aye, I really feel too comfortable with her.
Last edited by Locke Cole on May 28th, 2017, 2:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

May 29th, 2017, 3:50 am #4

...What…?

Where did that come from?

Ileana froze at Locke’s unexpected question. Did he mean a lover? Such things never interested her because she was always focused on juggling her duties as an heiress and her extra activities as an aspiring dancer.

It didn’t help that all the men who’d come to woo her so far were...not to her liking. They either have their own ulterior motives or were simply trying to further their own status. Then they’d see just what kind of a ‘lady’ she was. Some just peacefully backed away and never returned. Others, unfortunately, were more persistent, voicing out their unsolicited opinions and telling her parents how they could make a proper lady out of her.

Ileana will have none of them.

Now, she was a General. One of the strongest in Altrus. Ileana was sure not many men wanted a lover who could freeze and pulverize their butts whenever she so pleases.

As for 'someone who would throw away a lot of things for her sake'...

She didn’t have anyone like that, did she? Someone like Locke towards Klas…

Earnest forest green eyes briefly flashed in her mind, unbidden. Her chest tightened in response as a guilt buried deep pushed to the surface, begging to be let out.

No.

No. No. No. He didn't...

It was all for his family. For Altrus. He was just too nice for his own good.

Ileana shook her head to erase the image and as a way to respond to her companion’s query.

“No. I don’t.” Ileana said nonchalantly with a shrug. “Anyway~” She added, “I think we really should find you a coat at least. I don’t like the look of the sky.” She commented, frowning up at the darkening clouds. “Maybe one of those people hiding in their houses would lend us one. Did your lead state any specific part of this town where we might find Klas? We have to start somewhere.”

We are currently accepting applicants! Please check our Application Corner to see how it works!

May 29th, 2017, 10:57 am #5

Seeing the fluster of the red haired maiden, one who was finally acting like what her image betrayed, Locke couldn't help but give out a chuckle.

So she does have someone in mind, he mused to himself. It was likely that she would hide under a shell of embarrassment had he pushed more so he kept his thoughts. It was reassuring enough to know she had someone in mind.

The past few days the two had traveled was rather uneventful, mainly due to his restlessness, but seeing this reaction felt like he had seen something mere acquaintances would likely never see. It would not be a lie to say he felt rather happy at the thought.

Moving closer to her, again by mere subconscious, he raised his hand and gently put it on the red haired general's head. He then ruffled her hair; a smile of satisfaction on his face as he told her, "You did well for yourself..."

It was an honest praise, one of sheer amazement and wonder. Locke knew he could never amount to anything half the deeds the general had.

But he also understood that the strong normally kept themselves in solitude. Stubbornness was a part of their blood as much as their courage and valor. One could not revere a man who needed another to walk, but the paradox is that a man also could not walk a thorny road without a trustworthy crutch. Whoever she had envisioned during that split moment was a likely someone very important; someone she could deeply lean on when all her cards were exhausted. Locke knew men are governed by profit and logic. They did not do anything without a reason. For a lady general far grander than any noble Locke had laid his eyes on to think of someone, surely he must be as amazing; although she poorly hid the fact.

"But you'd do well to be more honest. Even the bravest of heroes cry on solemn nights. No one would blame you if you wanted a warm shoulder to do so," he continued his sentence as he gently lifted is hand from the general's head.

Surely, such folly could be forgiven, aye? he thought as he breathed in a sigh to regard the rest of the general's words.

"Sadly I know not much else aside from this," he sternly spoke, shifting the lighthearted mood, "You can call me a fool, I will not deny such, but I just ran out here from the whispers that there had been a witness to a woman with red hair and amber eyes here. It may as well be a wild goose chase, and I will not blame you if you leave now for more important business, but I at least want to ask around..."

Locke trailed off, giving another look around him. As he did, he felt rather cold but not because of the weather. "That is if they will indulge us at all," he continued, regarding the cold stares of the people around.

Glancing back to the lady general, he asked, out of respect of position, "Shall I go ask around?"

May 30th, 2017, 1:38 am #6

Ileana didn't speak as she listened to Locke's words.

Be more honest? She had no such luxuries.

In her position, honesty is a deadly virtue. If not to her, then to those around her. Nobles liked to keep their secrets close. Let one information slip and it could spell then end for them.

She smiled wanly as Locke ruffled her hair. Her father used to do that and she'd always complain then because he'd end up messing her hairdo. Now, she'd give everything just to have him do that again.

"I'll keep that in mind." Ileana answered simply.

She observed him closely as he continued to speak, unable to hold her sigh when he said that he wasn't really sure whether the rumors he heard spoke of Klas or not.

But she could understand his desperation.

Wasn't she the same?

Holding out on a very feeble goal that....

...that she'd still be able to find her family's remains...

For what? In order to uphold a timeless family tradition?

She remembered Eclair's words back then. She remembered it clearly until now. There were more pressing problems to think about than stressing over giving a proper burial to a bunch of dead people.[note]In A Future General[note]

To Eclair, her family were nothing more than a number added to the total loss of the continent.

And perhaps she was right. She wasn't the only one who lost her loved ones in this brutal war.

But then, if she didn't have that goal...what else could she do?

"Don't worry about it." She sighed and approached the nearest house that wasn't empty then knocked on its door. "May a have a word, please? I am General Ileana Amedea, Commander of the Front Lines. My companion and I have some questions to ask!"

Invoking Narrator-sama

May 30th, 2017, 3:04 am #7

-----Meanwhile in Triathos -----

A hooded rider dress in all black on top of a large black stallion. What is interesting is the companion of this rider is huge sleek black panther prowling by her side, on the look out to protect his mistress.

It was the dead of night when she arrived at Triathos. Kisara reigned Black Thunder to the lone traveler's in in the village. She needed to rest Thunder for a few hours and also Cerberus. They've been traveling with so little rest just to catch them up. Kisara took the time to go back to the Main Office when she woke up from the blinding headache that Ileana gave her.

She grab her weapon in her office and changed her red coat to a black hoodie and headed back to the Alexandria Estate to get her horse. Balthazar insisted her to bring Cerberus with her since it's a bad a idea for a Lady in her standing to travel alone. Her trusted butler gave her some food to pack and a few clothes to bring for traveling. Light enough as not to burden Thunder too much weight, even thought it doesn't bother him.

Kisara gave the stable boy three deeks to give Thunder some water and shelter him in the stables. She let Cerberus prowl around the village forest. He knows when and where not be seen or heard. The people with likely be uncomfortable to see a huge panther roaming freely in their village.

She entered the in and went to the table where a man behind the desk doing his logs in the log book. Kisara thew some 5 deeks at him. "I need a room for the night." She said gruffly, making sure that the noble twang in her voice didn't show. She is keeping a low profile a woman of her standing shouldn't be running around without a chaperon.

Kisara sighed with relief as the innkeeper leads her room. Most of the stragglers in the inn stared at her, wondering who is this tall hooded figure with a huge bladed staff weapon at her back. She tried her best to cover her weapon since curse weapons are rare and the knowledge is not well know yet to the masses.

She entered the room that the innkeeper opened. Kisara looked around, one bed, a desk and a chair next to it. "Thank you, this will be enough." She said to the innkeeper who is waiting by the door, Kisara gave him three more deeks to keep him quiet then closes the door. She dropped her bag by the bed, leaned her weapon at the wall next to the bed and took off her black hooded cloak and laid it at the chair by the table.

She sat on the bed, elbows resting at her knees and hands at her temple as she groaned. Eclair is out so I had to chase those fulls down here. She thought furiously. Those two better pray that I will be in a better mood when I catch up to them or I will let Cerberus have a nibble out of their hides.

Without bothering in taking of her ridding boots, Kisara lay down at the bed to take a short nap since she had little sleep while traveling and her body is starting to ache. Good thing she grabbed a few pills to ease the aches and keep her up with the traveling. For now she drifted off.
[+] Spoiler
Last edited by Kisara Alexandria on May 30th, 2017, 3:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

May 30th, 2017, 4:40 am #8

Doreena flinched as General Amedea knocked on their door. She turned to her father who looked back at her before standing from his chair and walking towards the door. He opened it, revealing a young lady holding a twisted wooden staff. She looked so out of place in their dreary town made even drearier by the weather. She looked so colorful with her teal eyes, red hair and expensive dress.

“M-my lady general!” Her father greeted with a nervous bow. Doreena scurried to him and curtsied. “What brings you here in our town? Is...” he paused, gulping in fear, “is there an impending demon attack?”
My job is to kill characters. Be aware. *insert evil laugh here*

If you are lost, please check our Beginner's Guide.

May 30th, 2017, 5:13 am #9

"Oh, no, don't worry about that. I didn't hear about any incoming attack. I'm here for another reason." Ileana responded.

"My companion here is looking for his friend, a young woman with red hair and amber eyes. His last search has led him to this town so..." Ileana paused, "have you or anyone around here seen anyone like that? She'd be a stranger here so it shouldn't be hard to notice her."

She stopped and then added as an after thought, "by the way...do you have a coat to lend to my companion? I'll pay you for it even."

May 30th, 2017, 10:09 am #10

Locke sighed with an exasperated smile directed at the general beside him, resigning himself to her kindness. It seemed like come hellfire she was determined to find him a coat despite his dismissals.

The thought gave a bit of warmth to Locke's rather unruly emotions. Despite his cool facade, his heartbeat was starting to get stronger. A bit more and he thought it might cause him to faint. But he knew when not to be run by emotion. He was a merchant, after all, and from his many experiences from dealing with townspeople he knew their expressions were rather frightened. Whether it'd be from the fear of a demon invasion or not, he wished that the lady general at least presented herself with more of a casual air. They were not here for an inquisition; it was merely his own selfishness that brought them to this land.

Locke stepped forward and presented a calming smile to the old man and his daughter. "My apologies, we are not here for official business. Truly, we wish to only ask a couple of questions. 'Tis as general Amadea asks. May we indulge in your kindness?"

It took enough effort to put his words out for his calm was surely being forced but Locke still managed it. He knew enough not to force an issue, nor to hasten trade. If all goes well, he might just be reunited with his missing companion by sundown, if the sun intended to at least show its face to them.