Toshiba 53HX71 Blinking Power Light

Toshiba 53HX71 Blinking Power Light

September 21st, 2003, 11:25 pm #1

have 1 1/2yr old 52" Toshiba Cinema Series HD Big Screen, model # 53HX71. Red power light just blinks, no picture, no sound. Is it fixable?

Wes Waters
Wes Waters

March 6th, 2007, 12:19 am #2

Mine is doing the same thing. Did you get yours fixed? If so what was the problem and was it expensive. I am thinking about just getting a different TV or even going without and saving the money. Not much good on anyways, but I do like Idol and House.

BigA
BigA

June 8th, 2007, 12:06 am #3

I have an older 52" toshiba TV the red power light keep blinking and there was nothing working had a tv repairman come and nothing he took it to the shop and it worked just fine for them. It seems as though it you just unplug the TV for like a day or two and plug it back in it just works not sure what all thats about but it works. So maybe you can try that!

Anonymous
Anonymous

June 8th, 2007, 3:33 am #4

Mine was doing the samething. I took it to the repairshop. The guy was so nice He charged me a little money and my tv was fixed.

Anonymous
Anonymous

June 9th, 2007, 7:25 am #5

OK, so what did this TV repair guy actually do?

May 4th, 2012, 2:30 am #6

I have an older 52" toshiba TV the red power light keep blinking and there was nothing working had a tv repairman come and nothing he took it to the shop and it worked just fine for them. It seems as though it you just unplug the TV for like a day or two and plug it back in it just works not sure what all thats about but it works. So maybe you can try that!
i have the same problem

May 9th, 2012, 11:32 am #7

have 1 1/2yr old 52" Toshiba Cinema Series HD Big Screen, model # 53HX71. Red power light just blinks, no picture, no sound. Is it fixable?
First you need the full service manual located HERE!.
Next go Here! and these guys will tell you what to do next to fix the problem.