MAGVIEW 572 BLANK

Joined: March 20th, 2006, 10:20 pm

March 20th, 2006, 10:25 pm #1

Hi out there:
I just tried to get my niece's computer going (E machine T1140) with her MagView 572 15" and the SCREEN IS BLANK. The light flickers around on the little group of boxes on the left. The E Machine was a gift (she has NO money) so I was hoping to get it up and running to see what she's working with. No luck. She couldn't locate her manual.Do I need the driver from the Proview site?
Any advice will be much appreciated.
MargeHD
Quote
Like
Share

Richard B
Richard B

March 21st, 2006, 11:04 am #2

Hi when the computer starts to boot it is only in low resolution modes and drivers are not needed.

If the picture is still blank then try the monitor on a known working machine.

The drivers for monitors are only to tell windows what resolutions and refresh rates the monitor is capable of so if you have windows set to 800 x 600 at 60Hz refresh then 99% of PC monitors would work OK, the other 1% being so old that they do not support 800 x 600 at 60Hz.

Rich
Quote
Share