HP Pavilion mx70 monitor schamatic diagram needed

alaegyman
alaegyman

January 19th, 2004, 2:52 am #1

I've HP Pavilion mx70 monitor, it doesn,t come on, I checked most of the component on power section, but no defected parts unless if it was a z-diode or so.
I need the circuit diagram and I'll be thankfull.

kester
kester

June 28th, 2004, 4:16 pm #2

I have the same prob. as you, but i have one more prob. that is a little worse. I can't get the stupid monitor open. I cannot get the covers off. If someone could help me out that would be nice. I have an electronics tech that can work on it once it is open... plz help. and maybe we can figure out what is wrong with it.

ToMMa
ToMMa

August 16th, 2004, 11:01 am #3

my problemis that i cant cange the excessive width and the e-w correction wont work either i can get it open all you have to do is un-do the 2 screws on the bottom then get 2 flat-head screw drivers and push 3 tabs in on the top then lift it up, if i could get sum schematics because i need to find the "Modulator / damper diode (DMV32)" as i found on another site and help would be greatly apreseated i can afford another monitor

August 25th, 2004, 2:39 am #4

I have a hp monitor with the same problem can't adjust the horizontal width. I was curious about "Modulator / damper diode (DMV32)" and the web site you heard about it. Is it a common cause of this problem and what web site was it.

joe
joe

September 8th, 2004, 8:43 am #5

Yes the DMV-32 is a common problen on this range and the M70 series as well.Replace this and it will fix the excessive width.
This diode contains both the modulation and damper diodes and goes leaky reverse direction.
The MX 70 had a common problem with blowing the main fuse due to a faulty degausing posistor.
Replace the fuse and the posistor

duvs182
duvs182

March 12th, 2006, 8:08 pm #6

Hi everyone !

So if your HP mx70 monitor doesn't power on at all, Check C206 ( 1000 uF 16V 85oC ). The capacitor is near of resistor and diode that heat up and the capacitor drop his value to 0 uF. So replace it with an other capacitor 1000 uF 16V. If you can, put a capacitor with a better temperature range like a 105oC.