HP P1120 horzontal black line issue

March 14th, 2006, 3:20 am #1

Hello there. I bought this CRT recently and have noticed 2 small black lines runnin across the entire screen. They both are 1/3rd distance from their respective edges. They arent terrible I suppose but I cant help but notice them. Is there any sort of fix for this or do I need to realize this crt is dying and plan ahead for that.

Thanks so much

March 14th, 2006, 3:28 am #2

Sorry. Wanted a little more description and it seems i cant find an edit.

Ok, the lines are razor thin but solid and run across the entire screen left to right. Ive checked my pc with another CRT and it had no issue.

March 14th, 2006, 3:42 am #3

Hello there. I bought this CRT recently and have noticed 2 small black lines runnin across the entire screen. They both are 1/3rd distance from their respective edges. They arent terrible I suppose but I cant help but notice them. Is there any sort of fix for this or do I need to realize this crt is dying and plan ahead for that.

Thanks so much
Ok, I found my answer. Damper wires. Now the question is is there a way to minimize the "shadow" effect of said wires. Yes, I realize its not going away but could I lighten it or help the situation out in any other way? Thanks