Information: This board is currently read-only.

December 13th, 2010, 12:08 am #31

SET LIST AND CONVERSATION :

There were a few microphone issues in the first part of the first song, but that was soon fixed.

1. Love The One You're With

How's Birmingham doin'.
Contrats to Carson James .

2. What's Right Is Right

Are ya having a good time here?

3.Soul Thing
- East Bound And Down

Song for the folks in Louisiana. If I could put in Alabama, I would.
My good friend Delbert McClinton helped me.

4.Back To Louisiana

Written with Mike Reid. On hold for several country artists

Maybe You Should

Did you like that?
Finally I get to talk like this . Do you understand me. I like to think I understand me too.

Battlefield

Song for the military.
How about a hand for the Marines and Toys for Tots
This song means a lot to me .

Nineteen

How about a Stones tune.
Anyone here like the Rolling Stones?
Screams of I love you. He replies, I love you too

Can't You Hear Me Knocking

Special Guest
Shows what b'ham has as far as talent goes.
Huffman High and Hoover High
Ruben Studdard everybody

Woman's Gotta Have It with Ruben Studdard

Did you all like that? I liked it too.
Road house song

Seven Mile Breakdown
-Running On Empty

Ain't Gonna Hurt Nobody

Thanks to my friends and family members who have supported me all these years. This song is for you.

Scarlet Begonias with Clay Connor

When I was with Ivan Neville @ Cervantes, I heard this song and found out the singer was influenced by Jerry Rafferty as am I
Here is the funky version of Bulletproof

Bulletproof with Carson James

The End

December 13th, 2010, 1:07 pm #32

December 13th, 2010, 1:09 pm #33

December 15th, 2010, 12:39 am #34

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

An Alabama Idol Makes It Home for the Holidays
Reuben Studdard and Taylor Hicks

You might say that we have adopted Taylor Hicks as the "official musician of Legal Schnauzer." As a Birmingham-based blog, it seems natural that Hicks would be one of our musical favorites. He grew up in Hoover, just a few miles from where we live, and we have come to appreciate his "rootsy" music, his "up-by-the-bootstraps" back story, and his appreciation for those who came before him.

Mrs. Schnauzer and I had heard of Hicks before he won American Idol in 2006, but we had never seen him perform until the rest of the world--including Simon, Paula, and Randy--had discovered him. From listening to Hicks' two independent, pre-Idol CDs, we know he has the kind of writing chops that should serve him well over what we hope is a long and prosperous career.

We were pleased to see that Hicks made it back to his hometown for a holiday concert last week at WorkPlay. Mrs. Schnauzer and I were on hand for Hicks' post-Idol performance at Birmingham's now-defunct City Stages festival, and we were there for one of two sold-out shows at the Alabama Theatre on his first national tour.

Unfortunately, we have so many legal irons in the fire at the moment that we had to miss the WorkPlay show. But thanks to the miracle of YouTube, we can feel like we were there. And we hope Legal Schnauzer readers will want to share that feeling, appreciating a local boy who has shown that our community can turn out more than just football players and right-wing politicians.

Hicks opened the WorkPlay show with a rousing performance of the Stephen Stills classic, "Love the One You're With":

http://legalschnauzer.blogspot.com/2010 ... idays.html

Reuben Studdard, Birmingham's original American Idol, joined Hicks for a cover of Bobby Womack's "Woman's Gotta Have it":

Carson James, an up and coming Birmingham artist, was the opening act, and Hicks joined him for a cover of Stevie Wonder's "Superstition":

Finally, we have "Nineteen," a song from The Distance, Hicks' second post-Idol studio album. Hicks wrote the tune with Nashville-based songwriters Gary Nicholson and Jeffrey Steele. It tells the story of a high-school football star who joins the Marines after the attacks of 9/11. To our untrained ears, the song had the potential to be a major hit, but somehow it has floated under the radar. Hicks provides a vocal performance worth savoring:

December 15th, 2010, 12:41 am #35

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

An Alabama Idol Makes It Home for the Holidays
Reuben Studdard and Taylor Hicks

You might say that we have adopted Taylor Hicks as the "official musician of Legal Schnauzer." As a Birmingham-based blog, it seems natural that Hicks would be one of our musical favorites. He grew up in Hoover, just a few miles from where we live, and we have come to appreciate his "rootsy" music, his "up-by-the-bootstraps" back story, and his appreciation for those who came before him.

Mrs. Schnauzer and I had heard of Hicks before he won American Idol in 2006, but we had never seen him perform until the rest of the world--including Simon, Paula, and Randy--had discovered him. From listening to Hicks' two independent, pre-Idol CDs, we know he has the kind of writing chops that should serve him well over what we hope is a long and prosperous career.

We were pleased to see that Hicks made it back to his hometown for a holiday concert last week at WorkPlay. Mrs. Schnauzer and I were on hand for Hicks' post-Idol performance at Birmingham's now-defunct City Stages festival, and we were there for one of two sold-out shows at the Alabama Theatre on his first national tour.

Unfortunately, we have so many legal irons in the fire at the moment that we had to miss the WorkPlay show. But thanks to the miracle of YouTube, we can feel like we were there. And we hope Legal Schnauzer readers will want to share that feeling, appreciating a local boy who has shown that our community can turn out more than just football players and right-wing politicians.

Hicks opened the WorkPlay show with a rousing performance of the Stephen Stills classic, "Love the One You're With":

http://legalschnauzer.blogspot.com/2010 ... idays.html

Reuben Studdard, Birmingham's original American Idol, joined Hicks for a cover of Bobby Womack's "Woman's Gotta Have it":

Carson James, an up and coming Birmingham artist, was the opening act, and Hicks joined him for a cover of Stevie Wonder's "Superstition":

Finally, we have "Nineteen," a song from The Distance, Hicks' second post-Idol studio album. Hicks wrote the tune with Nashville-based songwriters Gary Nicholson and Jeffrey Steele. It tells the story of a high-school football star who joins the Marines after the attacks of 9/11. To our untrained ears, the song had the potential to be a major hit, but somehow it has floated under the radar. Hicks provides a vocal performance worth savoring:

December 16th, 2010, 6:51 pm #36

Toys 4 Tots Wrap Up Party at Iron Horse in Hoover, AL with Taylor tonight starting at 6:30! Don't miss it!! Spread the word!

December 16, 2010
Toys for Tots Wrapup Party
Live music and more! Bring a toy for Toys for Tots to get in the door. The party starts at 6pm
http://wzzk.com/cgi-bin/info.cgi?type=event&id=4276393

The Iron Horse Cafe

1694 Montgomery Hwy #184
Birmingham, AL 35226
(205) 978-5599

Iron Horse Cafe has become the premier live music venue in the state.

The Iron Horse isn't "just another bar". It's a full service restaurant with the best food in town. Satisfy your munchies with one of our wonderful appetizers. Or, sit down, relax, and enjoy a complete dinner from our entre menu. Whatever your stomach is in the mood for, you can find it at the Iron Horse!

December 17th, 2010, 3:18 pm #37

December 20th, 2010, 8:07 pm #38

Workplay T-shirts now on Sale :

http://www.taylorhickspress.com/workplaytshirt.html

[/color]