Information: This board is currently read-only.

10/17/13 HALLENDALE, FL Boys /Girls Club Fundraiser

September 12th, 2013, 6:30 pm #1

October 17, 2013 Thursday

Gulfstream Park's Sport of Kings theater.
901 S. Federal Highway
Hallandale Beach, Fl 33009

Season 5 American Idol Winner Taylor Hicks will be the 21st Annual Hollywood Welcomes the Stars Celebrity Guest.

Taylor will entertain our guests shortly after our Live Auction with a live acoustic performance. Other Celebrity guests include Former Miami Dolphin Captain and WQAM Sports Talk Show Host Channing Crowder, Miami Heat Legend Tim Hardaway, MLB Hall of Famer Andre Dawson, NFL Hall of Famer Dwight Stephenson along with many more local celebrities as we raise money to benefit the Boys & Girls Clubs of Broward County.

This year's star-studded event features red carpet arrivals, cocktails, a lavish buffet, live and silent auctions, and the exclusive opportunity to meet and mingle with American Idol Winner Taylor Hicks. Taylor will delight guests with a few songs during the event.[/color]
Over 2,000 at-risk children belong to the Marti Huizenga Boys & Girls Club. The Club is open five days a week from 2-9 p.m. during the school year and 8 a.m.-6 p.m. during the summer with an annual membership fee of $15. The well-trained and committed staff leads a wide range of programs in the areas of Academic Success, Good Character & Citizenship, and Healthy Lifestyles. The Club is a safe and positive place for children ages 6-18 years of age.

About The Boys & Girls Clubs of Broward County:
The Boys & Girls Clubs of Broward County joined the national organization in 1965 and has grown along with the movement. We now have 12 facilities with a membership of over 12,000 youth, making us one of the largest Boys & Girls Club organizations in the nation. We are a nonprofit 501(C) (3) private agency. We rely on funding raised by our Board of Directors, special events, general donations, corporate sponsors, foundation support, endowments, and the Broward County Government.

credit to Robert Stolpe Photography

TICKETS: For more information please call 954-537-3324 or email codea@bgcbc.org or morgan@bgcbc.org.

$250 per person and sponsorships are available starting at $2,500. Please call Events Manager Colleen O’Dea at 954-537-1010 or email codea@bgcbc.org. To make a contribution, please visit www.bgcbc.org to donate now.

SEATING CAPACITY: 500

SEATING CHART:

THE VENUE:

Gulfstream Park's Sport of Kings Theater
The Bandstand Area: credit to wallymc

CAST OF CHARACTERS:

Brian Less - keyboard

SET LIST: credit to Debbie

Levon
Taking it to the Streets
Halleluhaj I love her so
They Call me the Breeze.

SOUL PATROL MEMORIES :

credit to david schultz with his aunt Gail

1. DebbieinFlorida

. Great job Taylor & Brian! They loved you!!

It was a very elegant affair with a "lavish" buffet, beautiful desserts, and coffee, tea, and open bar.

I didn't want to keep him too long, because I knew he had to mingle. There were a lot of local celebrities there. A few of the Miami Dolphins were there, some of the Miami housewives were scheduled to be there, and a lot of press.

Taylor came on after the auction. Taylor offered 2 trips to Paris Las Vegas to see him, private meet & greets. I think the bid was for $1300.

credit to Debbie Troxell

credit to Robert Stolpe Photography.

credit to Robert Stolpe Photography