Capt Christopher Orlebar

This is a general discussion forum, open to anyone. It is essentially for Concorde related discussion, but members are encouraged to post information that other members will find to be of interest.This is not a General Aviation / Planespotting forum.

Capt Christopher Orlebar

thamesweb

February 26th, 2018, 4:04 pm #1

Chris Orlebar with Allan Winn CEO of Brooklands Museum
Thanks to JGC for the photo

Sad to report that Chris Orlebar passed away this weekend. As one of the team involved in putting DG together, I met Chris when he came to Brooklands to check progress quite regularly. He was, quite simply, a really nice guy. Helpful, interesting, and above all a true Concorde enthusiast.

I recall on one occasion sitting in the cockpit with Chris a few years back when he chatted on at great length about his days on Concorde, whilst also expressing great interest in the work we were involved in. 

Chris also published a book about Concorde which he updated and revised regularly. He was a true gentleman, and one of the best of the Concorde breed!

thamesweb

February 26th, 2018, 6:20 pm #2

Chris Orlebar has a Wikipedia entry here

I neglected to point out that Chris was also a VC10 pilot so his connections with Brooklands was two-fold. 

He will be much missed.

February 26th, 2018, 11:06 pm #3

Sorry to hear that; he lived not far from me - I have his book ( autographed ) and had met him a few times over the years.

He was a very nice man.

JelleH
JelleH

March 2nd, 2018, 8:34 am #4

Very sorry to hear that. I only met him twice but I will certainly remember the time I sat on the flight deck of ZA150 listening to Chris chatting about flying the VC10. A great guy.

cloud9
cloud9

March 2nd, 2018, 8:37 am #5

So sad to hear this. Met him at Brooklands too - lovely guy.
I sent him a Cartoon painting of Concorde - the first one he flew and he sent back a little note of thanks and a photocopy of the pages from his log book containing those first flights. I treasure them!