A Scientific Fantasy

dialforthedevil
What The?

June 8th, 2010, 9:05 pm #1

This is a little world i have been playing round with in my head
I have been thinking how you could create a world with all of the typical fantasy creatures but implement them in a believable way so i shall begin with a timeline please tell me if i should change anything:
65 MYA An asteroid impacts in where is now present day Afganistan due to it being slightly smaller than the one which impacted in our timeline the whole world was devastated apart from what will become Central America, dinosaurs continue to thrive and then during the tertiary begin to recolonise the new world, a group of dromaesaurs start to become sentient and develop a hunter gatherer society.
43 MYA In Oceania a species of monitor lizard starts to develop wings and grow much larger...
1 MYA Homo Erectus leaves Africa they will evolve into two species of men Homo sapiens silvus(elves) and Homo sapiens sapiens. Although the group which stays behind evolves into Homo vulgaris (goblins but not in the usual sense). Homo Vulgaris is slightly shorter than a human but has a far better sense of hearing and sight due to increased living in caves.
Also around this time gigantopithecus develops into a troll like being (i need help explaining this)
Another sentinet species evolves as well Canis Lupis Magna is a bipedal species of wolf which prevailed in areas of northern asia they live in massive tight knit packs of around 150 indivduals hunting the almighty mammoth herds which roam across the steppes.
100,000 years ago the split between elves and man occured when the ice sheets cut northern Europe off from the south resulting in the far more arboreal elves who scattered in what pine forests reamined developed small communities in the trees although taller than a man an elf would never beat a human in physical combat for its bones are to brittle and easily damaged while in southern Europe humans prospered in the warm and fertile valleys.
I hop[e you guys find this interesting :D
Please come visit A Scientfic Fantasy http://s1.zetaboards.com/Conceptual_Evo ... 3433014/1/

ALSO!!! JOIN THE NEW RPG SITE!!! FOR ALL MEMBERS!!! IM GOING TO RUN MA GLOBAL SIMULATORS THERE!!! http://s4.zetaboards.com/jasonguppy/index/

Join the Campaign to save minotaurs from extinction!!! (include this in your signature to show your support!)

Pando
Superhuman
Pando
Superhuman

June 8th, 2010, 9:28 pm #2

Not really possible. If dinosaurs were to survive and spread there would be no way that apes or wolves can evolve. And then there's the problem with mammalian hip structure - carnivorans can NEVER be bipedal. And then you should have Troodontids as the sentient species, rather than dromaeosaurs.

And then there's the fact that monitor lizards can't fly. Their body shape won't allow it. Although it is easier for them to become wyverns than for humans to exist with dinosaurs around and/or for wolves to become bipedal.

Ook
Transhuman
Ook
Transhuman

June 8th, 2010, 9:44 pm #3

err,dinosaurs can survive in south america and later go to north america and some species can go to europe...presence of dinosaurs only at south america allows in early tetriary mammals to evolve to that,which are in our earth,but there will be many different species,and some completely new....werewolfes can evolve from baboon like primate,which became more carnivorous(but didnt change into quadrapedal carnivore,they become bipedal)they can migrate to europe and became more hairy...trolls can evolve from other primates,like gorilas etc.Wyverns can evolve from some archosaurs,which survive alongside with dinosaurs in america and later spread to old world

The Dodo
Prime Specimen

June 8th, 2010, 9:46 pm #4

Dromeosaurs could become sentient too, it doesn't only have to be Troodontids.
Something like wolves and humans could exist if dinosaur are isolated somewhere else, but aside dinosaurs probably not.
Why can't monitor lizards develop flight?

Pando
Superhuman
Pando
Superhuman

June 8th, 2010, 9:52 pm #5

Its posture. All 3 flying tetrapods known were gliding insectivores, not ground dwellers.

Scrublord
Superhuman

June 8th, 2010, 11:37 pm #6

Are we actually sure what the ancestors of pterosaurs were like?
My Projects:
The Neozoic Redux
Valhalla--Take Three!
The Big One

Deviantart Account: http://elsqiubbonator.deviantart.com

In the end, the best advice I could give you would be to do your project in a way that feels natural to you, rather than trying to imitate some geek with a laptop in Colorado.
--Heteromorph

Pando
Superhuman
Pando
Superhuman

June 8th, 2010, 11:46 pm #7

They were like Scleromochlus.

The Dodo
Prime Specimen

June 9th, 2010, 3:57 am #8

Pandorasaurus wrote:Its posture. All 3 flying tetrapods known were gliding insectivores, not ground dwellers.
They can readjust it's posture over time.
They can also easily become arboreal, they could start gliding to chasing birds.

SIngemeister
Superhuman

June 9th, 2010, 12:35 pm #9

Pandorasaurus wrote:Its posture. All 3 flying tetrapods known were gliding insectivores, not ground dwellers.
May I introduce you to the Tree Monitor?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emerald_tree_monitor
My Deviantart

RRRAAAAAARRRRGGGGHHH!!!!!

Ook
Transhuman
Ook
Transhuman

June 9th, 2010, 1:16 pm #10

yeah,and there is some more arboreal monitors,like lace monitor,timor monitor,salvadoris monitor or clouded monitor