Slow Rising Beta

Slow Rising Beta

May 24th, 2012, 11:09 pm #1

I'm new to this board. I have a 6 yo son. My cycles at the NJ clinic I'm using, have been handled so badly.
On top of this, when I finally got pregnant, my beta (a bit low to begin with) doubled the first time but
thereafter have been rising by 20 points every two days. I realize this could be ectopic but probably is
just a not viable uterine pregnancy. Embryos had been PGD'd. My doctor wants me to do one more beta
in another two days. What questions should I be asking? Would be useful to know if this is an implantation failure
due to my lining or more likely a genetic issue even though the embryos were normal on PGD? My beta is only
151, can I do genetic testing at this level if I use methotrexate? Would be grateful for any replies.-z

May 25th, 2012, 1:45 pm #2

You don't mention how many cycles you've done with these embies. They're going to do an U/S before the methotrexate, right? Although I would think PGD should make it much less likely, it could also be a blighted ovum. Was your lining "normal," i.e., >=8mm, trilaminar, etc.? If this was your first cycle with these embies and your lining seemed good, then if it's an ectopic, I would think it's just d***ed bad luck. If it is a blighted ovum, that suggests your lining was OK. Don't have any experience with genetic testing of m/c'd embryos, so don't know the answer to your last question. I'm sorry you're going through this! Maggie (in VA)

May 25th, 2012, 11:27 pm #3

See my new posting above. I'll get back to you with answers to your questions after I figure out what to tomorrow. -z