Who will be Ohio State's qb in 2018?

Who will be Ohio State's qb in 2018?

June 25th, 2018, 4:42 am #1

Meyer still has not made the call.   Here is a quote on the top 3 from Austin Ward @wardsports a Big 10 writer based on the spring game:

Burrow was impressive in command of the offense and put up the best numbers in the glorified game of two-hand touch, completing 15 of his 22 attempts for 238 yards and a pair of touchdowns. Haskins was inconsistent with his accuracy overall, but he put his big arm on display with a couple of pinpoint deep strikes — including a 25-yard laser for a touchdown to Jaylen Harris. And Martell’s dual-threat ability was equally hard to ignore, officially getting credited with 69 rushing yards that could have easily been doubled if defenders had to actually try to tackle the elusive weapon.
My gut tells me if at all possible Meyer will go with the dual threat guy as soon as possible.  Those are the quarterbacks he loves (Tebow, Miller, Jones etc).   
"Gentlemen, touchdowns follow blocking as sure night follows day" -Gen Neyland

June 25th, 2018, 9:49 am #2

Haskins is slightly behind Burrows in the depth chart  , but Haskins appears to fit the Buckeye quarterback mold better than any QB currently on the roster …. and you cant forget about Martell, who hasn't lost a game since middle school . Martell accounted for 148 touchdowns as he led Bishop Gorman High School  to 3 straight state championship and a 45-0 record … tough choice to make …. but I am going with Haskins ... 
Alabama: Heart of the South

June 25th, 2018, 11:14 am #3

The nice thing is you have options.  I still am betting Meyer wants to use Martell.  Martell plays to Meyer's strengths. 

June 26th, 2018, 5:05 am #4

Meyer will find a way to put Martell in the game in certain situations , ala 2006 Tim Tebow , but Haskins will be the starter ...

June 26th, 2018, 10:07 am #5

I like that analogy.  The Chris Leak/Tim Tebow one-two punch was very effective.  

June 26th, 2018, 10:19 am #6

Meyer likes high completion percentage, no turnovers, and a guy who can get him a first down with his legs.  I think it's Burrows with Martell getting snaps.

July 16th, 2018, 8:24 am #7

brown dog wrote: Meyer likes high completion percentage, no turnovers, and a guy who can get him a first down with his legs.  I think it's Burrows with Martell getting snaps.
Burrows transferred to LSU ...

July 16th, 2018, 9:39 am #8

DocVOLiday wrote: I like that analogy.  The Chris Leak/Tim Tebow one-two punch was very effective.  
I have a feeling this will be Clemson’s situation this year if TL surpasses Kelly Bryant as a lot expect.

Kelly will be used in a Tebow like role and they’ll take advantage is his size and speed

July 17th, 2018, 5:06 am #9

nmerritt11 wrote:
DocVOLiday wrote: I like that analogy.  The Chris Leak/Tim Tebow one-two punch was very effective.  
I have a feeling this will be Clemson’s situation this year if TL surpasses Kelly Bryant as a lot expect.

Kelly will be used in a Tebow like role and they’ll take advantage is his size and speed
Who would you like to see as your starting QB ...