What are the biggest games for your team this season?

What are the biggest games for your team this season?

June 25th, 2018, 4:37 am #1

For Tennessee a win over West Virginia to start the season would be huge.  Not only would it be a confidence booster winning our first game but would make it more likely that we go .500 and make a bowl.  Otherwise our big games this year are mainly games we are supposed to win.  Kentucky, Vandy, Mizzou and maybe Scar.  
We have 3 easy wins (ETSU, UTEP and Charlotte) so we need to win 3 more to make a bowl.  Again, a West Virginia win means we just have to win 2 of those listed.  I am assuming losses to Bama, Auburn and UGA of course. 
"Gentlemen, touchdowns follow blocking as sure night follows day" -Gen Neyland

June 25th, 2018, 9:59 am #2

Ohio State opens the 2018 season with Oregon State, Rutgers, TCU , and Tulane … the TCU game will be important …  our toughest will probably be the Big Championship game ….  but the Purdue game could be a trap game ...
Alabama: Heart of the South

June 25th, 2018, 11:13 am #3

I would worry about Michigan too only because I feel like Harbaugh is starting to realize that he needs a win against the Buckeyes for job security.  That game will be his season and my gut says he is going to throw everything he has at the Bucks.  
"Gentlemen, touchdowns follow blocking as sure night follows day" -Gen Neyland

June 26th, 2018, 4:59 am #4

the Michigan game wont even be close this year … the Buckeyes are going to put and old fashion, tak'em behind the woodshed whoopen' on them … 
Alabama: Heart of the South

June 26th, 2018, 10:04 am #5

Mississippi State has always had one big game every year.... it's the Egg Bowl vs the Rebs of Ole Miss but:

Hopefully, hopefully all of that has been slowly changing.  This year, Vegas has us favored in 10 of 12 preseason matchups.

One could say that Bama is always everyone's Superbowl, therefore a "Big Game".  Unless State goes into that game undefeated, no one even pays attention to it and even then, no one really thinks State will win.

State has a four game mid-season stretch that goes Florida, Auburn, Bye, LSU and A&M.  That Florida game, when Mullen comes back to Starkville, should be the biggest buzz game of the year.  Lose it, and it could get ugly.  Win it, and any of the next three could be lost and still the season may not go down the tubes. 

I am saying Mullen's return to Starkville is "the" big game this next year.  The rest are all important but that one has to be won for the season to have a chance to play out as I hope.

June 26th, 2018, 10:15 am #6

Mullen in Starkville is must see TV!  Mullen doesn't want to go back to Gainesville with a loss.  

Fan- UT definitely needs to beat WVU and SCAR.  That's where the season pivots.

I think Shea Patterson will be big for UofM.  He is a solid NFL bound QB.  Is the rest of the team any good?

As for the Dawgs, It's hard not to say Florida because the season seems to always hinge on that game.  Outside of that one it's SCAR or LSU.  SCAR is early and Muschamp will bring everything, and LSU is LSU.  I think UGA runs the ball down LSU's throat and wins easily.  

June 26th, 2018, 11:33 am #7

brown dog wrote: Mullen in Starkville is must see TV!  Mullen doesn't want to go back to Gainesville with a loss.  

Fan- UT definitely needs to beat WVU and SCAR.  That's where the season pivots.

I think Shea Patterson will be big for UofM.  He is a solid NFL bound QB.  Is the rest of the team any good?

As for the Dawgs, It's hard not to say Florida because the season seems to always hinge on that game.  Outside of that one it's SCAR or LSU.  SCAR is early and Muschamp will bring everything, and LSU is LSU.  I think UGA runs the ball down LSU's throat and wins easily.  
Mullen has a built-in excuse after a loss.  He could say, "I left them with some pretty darn good football players." 

Florida has had some pretty good defenses of late.  A Mullen led offense will score some points.  That game should be a "Slobber-Knocker".