Some questions to ponder this offseason

Some questions to ponder this offseason

April 12th, 2018, 4:19 am #1

Who will be better off?   A&M with Jimbo or FSU with Taggart?

Which is better?   The SEC West or Big 10 East?

Is Jim Harbaugh on the hot seat? 

How will Miami bounce back? Miami broke through in Mark Richt's second season, but a three-game, year-ending losing streak showed the Canes still have a long way to go. The “turnover chain” helped The U get its swag back, but we'll see how real that is in a season opener against LSU at Jerry World.

Will somebody other than Alabama win it all?
"Gentlemen, touchdowns follow blocking as sure night follows day" -Gen Neyland

April 12th, 2018, 5:38 am #2

DocVOLiday wrote: Who will be better off?   A&M with Jimbo or FSU with Taggart?
Taggart.  He doesn't have to play Bama every year and FSU can recruit at or better than TAMU.
Good question.  I'd say Big10 East.  They don't have a Bama, but they do have more solid teams.
Nope, but his act is running out of gas.  He needs Patterson at QB.  It really does hinge on that one thing.   
How will Miami bounce back? Miami broke through in Mark Richt's second season, but a three-game, year-ending losing streak showed the Canes still have a long way to go. The “turnover chain” helped The U get its swag back, but we'll see how real that is in a season opener against LSU at Jerry World.
I think their record will be the same, but the team will improve.  Miami over achieved last year, but Richt is starting to turn things around.   The gap between Miami and Clemson last year was obvious.

I wouldn't bet against Bama, but I think Saban's process is struggling a bit and we could start seeing a slow decline.  His last recruiting class was solid, but not the usual Bama haul.  Add in the staff turnover and things look dicey.  His early system of road grading OL and stingy defense that plays field position was tested when the HUNH teams found his weakness, but he retooled then.

April 12th, 2018, 6:03 am #3

Good stuff.  I am pretty much in agreement other than I can see Miami drop off some just because a lot of those wins were so crazy and close it seems luck was with them.   I also think Harbaugh may be on the hot seat only because he has such a massive salary so his expectations are higher than most.  
"Gentlemen, touchdowns follow blocking as sure night follows day" -Gen Neyland

April 12th, 2018, 6:32 am #4

DocVOLiday wrote: Who will be better off?   A&M with Jimbo or FSU with Taggart?

Better off: Taggart and I think people are sleeping on a dangerous FSU team. They have a major upgrade at DC and Frenchie returns. FSU could be a top 10-15 team again

SEC West

Harbaugh may not be on the hot seat but he definitely needs to do something with the talent he has recruited to earn that big ass paycheck. A lot of money for no championships.

I think VT wins the coastal this year...not sure why but I just have a feeling. Maybe it is gas. Miami had a brutally easy schedule last year. We will learn a lot about FSU/VT week 1 as well as Miami/LSU

I do not think Bama wins it. I think they took a major hit at both coordinator positions and I do not think they hired guys on the same level. Mike Locksley as OC and a DC with no play calling experience? It will be interesting to see how they do this season...

Remember as bad as Clemson played it was still just 10-6 with 3 minutes left in the 3rd quarter. And Clemson could not have played worse

April 12th, 2018, 7:45 am #5

Harbaugh has to work out for UofM.  The next guy won't be better.

April 12th, 2018, 7:51 am #6

brown dog wrote: Harbaugh has to work out for UofM.  The next guy won't be better.
I am just not sure Michigan will ever win big time with Harbaugh. Ohio State changed to a fun, exciting brand and have brought in better athletes. You just aren't going to win Conference championships and make the playoffs at Michigan with the brand he won with in the PAC. 

I mean they had a top 3 total defense and #13 scoring defense last year and lost 5 games. They were #105 in total offense and Harbaugh is supposed to be an offensive guru.

April 12th, 2018, 8:08 am #7

I think if he fails at UofM it means the school can't compete at a national level anymore because of recruiting and weather.

April 12th, 2018, 8:14 am #8

brown dog wrote: I think if he fails at UofM it means the school can't compete at a national level anymore because of recruiting and weather.
Ohio State has given them the floor plan...Harbaugh is just too stuck in his ways and wants to go more pro style and that brand doesn't excite young athletes. Hell even the NFL is going away from "pro style" and going more spread, RPO concepts, etc.

He has definitely not earned the big money paychecks he is receiving. He really better hope Patterson is cleared to play. That will be huge for him and Michigan

April 13th, 2018, 6:12 am #9

" Is Jim Harbaugh on the hot seat? "

If he doesn't win the BIG and/or loses to Ohio State this season ..... HE IS GONE ...
Alabama: Heart of the South