Ole Miss still refusing to play well with others.

April 11th, 2018, 7:24 am #1

Ole Miss has decided to file an objection to Michigan QB Shea Patterson's waiver request to go to Michigan.  First, I thought the NCAA already said players could transfer based on the recent disciplinary action and also hadn't Ole miss previously approved this?.  I just feel like Ole Miss is pissed now and refusing to play well in the sandbox.  I can't say I blame them but it seems like it would be in their best interest to fly under the radar for a few years. 
"Gentlemen, touchdowns follow blocking as sure night follows day" -Gen Neyland

April 11th, 2018, 8:53 am #2

It was only upper class men that were free to transfer.  Patterson is saying that he was lied to so bad that he should be allowed to transfer and not sit out.  He has shared a few texts from Freeze that were lies and says there is more.  I think Ole Miss is worried that a lot more players would leave if they allowed this. 

Ole Miss needs to move on from all of this.  Patterson is gone.  He ain't coming back.  Yeah, it sucks but they need to start rebuilding their image and more tweets, emails, and testimony about how bad Freeze was won't let them do that.

April 11th, 2018, 10:21 am #3

Interesting.  I kind of see Ole Miss' point after reading that post.  They could open the floodgates if they make an exception.   
"Gentlemen, touchdowns follow blocking as sure night follows day" -Gen Neyland

sec realist
Site Admin

April 12th, 2018, 2:35 am #4

They're fucked. Move on.

Life ain't getting better any time soon.
Live with egrets, not regrets.

April 29th, 2018, 2:32 pm #5

Ole Miss wisely decided they didn't want to air out anymore dirty laundry.
Ole Miss athletic director Ross Bjork said he reached out to Michigan officials last week to try to work out a resolution regarding Patterson's eligibility.
Smart move.

Does this make UofM a contender for the Big10?

April 30th, 2018, 4:20 am #6

Michigan is not going to finish higher than 4th in the Big .... they will lose to the Buckeyes in the final game of the season .... and Harbaugh will be history ...
Alabama: Heart of the South

April 30th, 2018, 5:19 am #7

How is UofM's OL?  If it's a strength, then I see them competing for the Division.  I'd love to see the OSU vs Michigan game be for the Division!