Half-hour after loss to Kentucky, Florida RB announces transfer

September 9th, 2018, 5:01 am #1

Half-hour after loss to Kentucky, Florida RB announces transfer

I understand it was a tough loss but, daaammmmmmn.

For the first time since 1986, Kentucky Saturday night beat Florida in a college football game.  It was also the football Wildcats’ first win over the Gators in Gainesville since the 1979 season.  However you frame it historically, it was an epic win for Kentucky — and a jarring loss for Florida, especially as it came in the second game of the first season of what was expected to be Dan Mullen‘s triumphant return to The Swamp.

Related or not, the Gators yet suffered another loss as, a little over a half-hour after being stunned by the Wildcats, running back Adarius Lemons took to Twitter to announce that he is “transferring from the niversity of Florida.”

“I want to find a school I can help to my best ability and actually use my talent that God has blessed me with,” Lemons humbly wrote.

In the loss to the Wildcats, Lemons didn’t record a carry.  He did, however, return two kicks for 47 yards.  After rushing for 136 yards in nine games as a true freshman last season, Lemons hadn’t recorded a carry through the Gators’ first two games of 2018 before announcing his departure.

The Clearwater, Fla., product was a three-star member of Florida’s 2017 recruiting class.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/ncaafb ... spartanntp
Alabama: Heart of the South

September 9th, 2018, 6:22 am #2

I heard this will be the third time this particular player has said that he was leaving via Twitter.  I guess, third times the charm.

He was suspended for something at some point and he is not getting to play.  This one may not be on Mullen but simply a player not happy.

September 9th, 2018, 9:52 am #3

MissST Bulldog wrote: I heard this will be the third time this particular player has said that he was leaving via Twitter.  I guess, third times the charm.

He was suspended for something at some point and he is not getting to play.  This one may not be on Mullen but simply a player not happy.
it might be a case of good riddance to bad news …. 

September 9th, 2018, 10:39 am #4

Florida has no excuse for being this bad. FSU and Florida are cursed these days.
Being a Vol fan is great except for a few Saturdays in the fall.

September 9th, 2018, 3:11 pm #5

Meyer should have left a better roster...I'm joking.

FSU looks like shit...they might break their bogus bowl streak....as they really look terrible on both sides of the ball.

I didn't see Florida play...but Kentucky hasn't recruited all that bad for them...they may just be decent ...or at least better than normal.

The recruiting pool these two teams swim in is unbelievable loaded..but the shine is wearing off the home state teams...they are getting beat for the best in State kids by the big dogs...and that will continue as long as they are mired in mediocity

September 10th, 2018, 4:49 am #6

I watched the UF/UK game Sunday while I was hanging around the house.  I wasn't all that focused on the game, but early UF looked a bit sloppy.  In the 2nd half it was all UK.  

QB play was OK, but definitely not enough to carry the team.  The problem I saw was zero impact players.  There wasn't a strong LB, RB, WR, etc.  Plus the OL was bad.

September 10th, 2018, 5:14 am #7

brown dog wrote: I watched the UF/UK game Sunday while I was hanging around the house.  I wasn't all that focused on the game, but early UF looked a bit sloppy.  In the 2nd half it was all UK.  

QB play was OK, but definitely not enough to carry the team.  The problem I saw was zero impact players.  There wasn't a strong LB, RB, WR, etc.  Plus the OL was bad.
Recruiting is the problem …..

September 10th, 2018, 5:40 am #8

The good news in all this for me is I do think Tennessee has a legitimate shot at beating Florida which would give Pruitt a lot of good fan vibes.  Especially considering the game is here.

September 10th, 2018, 5:53 am #9

DocVOLiday wrote: The good news in all this for me is I do think Tennessee has a legitimate shot at beating Florida which would give Pruitt a lot of good fan vibes.  Especially considering the game is here.
Florida's OLine is terrible … and their DLine isn't much better … Tennessee should take a page out Kentucky's playbook … and run the ball until Florida proves they can stop the run … 

September 10th, 2018, 6:10 am #10

Kentuckytoo wrote:
DocVOLiday wrote: The good news in all this for me is I do think Tennessee has a legitimate shot at beating Florida which would give Pruitt a lot of good fan vibes.  Especially considering the game is here.
Florida's OLine is terrible … and their DLine isn't much better … Tennessee should take a page out Kentucky's playbook … and run the ball until Florida proves they can stop the run … 
Sounds good and our tailbacks have looked really good so far.  The o-line showed tremendous improvement and I think gelled some in the ETSU game but it was ETSU and hard to know for sure.  We have another cupcake this week to get these youngsters just a little more experience before the Florida game.  One thing about this Tennessee team is our qb play so far, even against West Virginia, has been outstanding.  When they have just a little bit of time we have a legit passing game.  The way to beat Tennessee this year is to exploit our Offensive line and pressure the qbs and then pick apart our young secondary on defense like Grier did.  If you can't do those two things then we have a game.  

September 10th, 2018, 10:59 am #11

More bad news for Florida.  Marco Wilson is out for the season with a torn ACL

He’s a talented CB and I hope he makes a good recovery.

But this has to hurt

September 10th, 2018, 12:13 pm #12

Florida needs to get a QUARTERBACK …… who can throw a pass ….

September 11th, 2018, 7:41 am #13

Kentuckytoo wrote: Florida needs to get a QUARTERBACK …… who can throw a pass ….
I think the whole problem is the OL.  They can't execute because the line breaks down too often.  The internal clock to get the play off is about half a second.  After that it's risky.

September 11th, 2018, 12:36 pm #14

This video explains why the defense can't get a stop on 3rd down. 

September 11th, 2018, 12:44 pm #15

inexperience can make a big difference that's for sure …. 

September 11th, 2018, 12:58 pm #16

September 11th, 2018, 6:26 pm #17

brown dog wrote: Spencer Hall with a gem:  https://www.everydayshouldbesaturday.co ... m-kentucky
that was blistering  …. I guess the truth really does hurt ….

September 12th, 2018, 4:35 am #18

Florida fans are starting to sound like Tennessee fans.  They need to give Mullen just a little bit of time.  

September 12th, 2018, 6:10 am #19

DocVOLiday wrote: Florida fans are starting to sound like Tennessee fans.  They need to give Mullen just a little bit of time.  
Interesting idea from a UGA blog:  Teams get full of themselves, hire bad coaches, and spend 20 years wondering around in the CFB desert.   UT is in it, UGA just emerged, Bama went through it, Miami, ...  I think you get the idea.  UF started in the final years of Meyer (2010) and it's been a slide since.  There were moments when it bumped up and there was hope, but it's been a steady slide.  Look back at their offense the last 8-9 years.  It's been one of the worst in all of CFB.  Florida has the talent base to always be one of the best offenses, but their coaching has killed them.  Now the team is lacking talent, and if Mullen can't quickly turn around recruiting it will continue to slide.

September 12th, 2018, 6:14 am #20

There is certainly plenty of evidence of that happening.  I find myself wondering some how things would have looked if we had not fired Fulmer after just one bad season.  Granted, the program was going down but if he had left on his own terms and played a role in the coaching transition I bet we would not be in such a dire place.  At least we would have not lost a recruiting class.  I do think Pruitt will get all the time he needs.  This last coaching change was just a disaster.