Everyone keeps waiting for Harbaugh to even that paycheck

Everyone keeps waiting for Harbaugh to even that paycheck

July 9th, 2018, 5:08 am #1

The name of my thread comes from a post by nmerritt .

I know Harbaugh played at Michigan and therefore is a " Michigan man " , but I don't understand all of the hoopla surrounding Harbaugh. 

Below is Harbaugh coaching record : College and Pro .
Head coaching record
Regular season: 44–19–1 (.695) (NFL)
Postseason: 5–3 (.625) (NFL)
2–3 (.400) (college)
Career: 49–22–1 (.688) (NFL)
86–38 (.694) (college)
In college , he  his 1-6 record against Top 10 opponents. He hasn't done much better versus the top of the Big Ten Conference, with four victories in 10 tries against Ohio State, Michigan State, Penn State and Wisconsin.

What has he really done and why do some folks think he is going to be Michigan 's savior . What do you all think. 

How god of a coach is Jim Harbaugh ?
Alabama: Heart of the South

July 9th, 2018, 6:16 am #2

What he did at Stanford and San Fran were impressive and there is no other way to spin it.

They hadn't been to a bowl game in 8 years and were 16-23 during that time and he built them into a top 5, 12 win team in 4 years.

Then he took a bad San Fran team to the NFC championship game

Now that he has a QB in Shea Patterson it will be interesting to see what his offense looks like. Patterson has some talent and Jim goes a nice job when he has a QB. He has finished 10 and 11 in 2 of his 3 years.

With Patterson being eligible, I would expect him to start and that is probably where the love is coming from. The guy was averaging 350 or so yards in games he started before injury

But no question, he has no excuses moving forward. Solid recruiting classes, should be a top 10 defense, and he has his QB

July 9th, 2018, 9:50 am #3

I definitely feel like if they can't win with Harbaugh then they are not going to win with anyone.
"Gentlemen, touchdowns follow blocking as sure night follows day" -Gen Neyland

sec realist
Site Admin

July 9th, 2018, 2:32 pm #4

San Francisco was loaded with talent when he arrived.
Live with egrets, not regrets.

July 10th, 2018, 4:40 am #5

Patterson is Harbaugh's savior.  Without him it's another meh season.  Off the top of my head, he would start at every SEC team except Mizzou, Bama, and UGA.  If he had signed with one of those three there is a very good chance he would be the starter.

QB won't be there problem.

July 10th, 2018, 4:45 am #6

sec realist wrote: San Francisco was loaded with talent when he arrived.
Maybe but they hadn’t been to the playoffs since 2002!

July 10th, 2018, 9:42 am #7

It's simple... Coach Hairball sucks because he is from Michigan and now the coach of Michigan.

That's all there is to the argument. The rest is just noise.

July 11th, 2018, 7:47 am #8

Buckeye Nut wrote: It's simple... Coach Hairball sucks because he is from Michigan and now the coach of Michigan.

That's all there is to the argument.  The rest is just noise.
Best reason there is  ...
Alabama: Heart of the South