College baseball.

College baseball.

April 8th, 2018, 3:54 pm #1

Woo hoo! My unraked Vols got a win over the #1 in the nation Gators this weekend. It won’t mean much in the long run but was a big win for this team.

Real, Your Gators are legit though. Great team.
"Gentlemen, touchdowns follow blocking as sure night follows day" -Gen Neyland

April 8th, 2018, 5:28 pm #2

Clemson is playing above their talent level under Lee. Getting true freshman Kier Meredith into the line up from injury this weekend wasmuch anticipated and well...he lived up to expectations

He had a triple for his first hit, a drag bunt for his second, several walks, and a homerun. I didn’t catch the entire last game but through 1-1/2 games he got on bad every time but 1

They say he may be the fastest player in college baseball and could have went pro out of high school. I don’t know if this team is good enough for Omaha but they are scrappy enough to at least make me wonder. Monte Lee is doing a great job building talent level back up

sec realist
Site Admin

April 8th, 2018, 6:02 pm #3

Gators are rolling.

Certainly the number one team work their resume.

It is a behemoth program in Gainesville right now.

Defending national champ, and looking like the favoritr to won on Omaha again.

And they have a new stadium in the works. Big money.

The dream is my son getting a scholarship there. On track right now, but the odds are long.
Live with egrets, not regrets.

April 9th, 2018, 5:25 am #4

sec realist wrote: Gators are rolling.

Certainly the number one team work their resume.

It is a behemoth program in Gainesville right now.

Defending national champ, and looking like the favoritr to won on Omaha again.

And they have a new stadium in the works. Big money.

The dream is my son getting a scholarship there. On track right now, but the odds are long.
Florida is definitely rolling...damn good baseball team. #3 RPI currently which is strong. Clemson sits at #5

Clemson's only series loss came to NCSU and it was a weekend in which they made untimely errors and couldnt push runners across. That said NCSU is a good team too sitting at 25-6. Strong series wins over Dallas Baptist, South Carolina, Louisville, and GT

They should win every series between now and FSU.

Miami
Wake
Virginia

All decent teams but it would be an upset series loss for the Tigers. They are putting themselves in good shape for a regional. So glad they are seeding top 16 this year because it wasn't fair for Clemson to get an healthy, Omaha team in Oklahoma State two years ago as a national seed and Vanderbilt last year

That said, they didnt have the pitching to be a legit contender which I feel they may this season. Strider is starting to locate his fast ball in the mid-90s and has a nasty slider. If he can develop into a legit #4 they have the bull pen to succeed. This Clemson team could make it to Omaha and once there, anything can happen. I think they should be somewhere in the 6-12 range